About the Thank You Gift: Thank You

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

People saying “it doesnt make up for this or that etc..” Really? It’s more than most other companies do. It’s something small and shows they care for the customers. It’s a very good move from them. No one is making you buy gems anyway.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

yeah that means…“continue to spend money on our game we will reward you! We don’t like ppl who don’t and who can’t”

No

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

1.) You go in Resort A for a vacation and spend $2000 dollars and they give you a complimentary shirt when you leave.

2.) You go in Resort B for a vacation and spend $2000 dollars and they give you a lottery ticket giving you the chance to win a car and a complimentary shirt when you leave.

You know which resort to return to next time right?

This isn’t a resort its a game.

Seriously, once again, if we had not been given these as a gift you would not be complaining. Were you complaining before the gift?

You are the minority in this thread as you can see most everyone else seems happy with the gift.

Now go start your own thread titled, “I bought gems Anet now give me some free kitten!”

If you are really this upset about it the next Dragon Coffer I get I’ll mail it to you as a bonus to your gift. I hope you win something fancy.

it’s an analogy. compliment according to how well they patronize you.

i was not complaining at first. because there was no stimulus.

if you are not aware, it involves compensating those who bought gems since the beginning. have you ever wondered or are you aware of the exchange rate in the early months of the game? spending 4000 gems will just get you around 10 gold. and i did that. many people did that. compared to now, think of being ripped big time. as i mentioned, even the resident a.net economist defended the old micro small exchange rate. this i still carry over. but i don’t mind. i just close my eyes and not think about it.

and receiving a mail that tells me these 3 minipets are equivalent to hundreds of dollars of patronizing, well that’s almost a joke. opening old wounds. A.net’s gem to gold gets inflated and the early patrons who suffered from the cruel exchange rate get 3 useless minipets. what a joke.

anyway, where is the option to mail back these useless minipets?

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

People saying “it doesnt make up for this or that etc..” Really? It’s more than most other companies do. It’s something small and shows they care for the customers. It’s a very good move from them. No one is making you buy gems anyway.

It is a nice gesture. And it is silly of people to be complaining about it. But I do take issue with the more then most companies do. Because frankly I can’t recall a mmo I ever played that at some point did not give something away just as a thank you.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Thank you!
it was a nice surprise when I logged on- finding that there is even collectible slots for them makes it even cooler

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

1.) You go in Resort A for a vacation and spend $2000 dollars and they give you a complimentary shirt when you leave.

2.) You go in Resort B for a vacation and spend $2000 dollars and they give you a lottery ticket giving you the chance to win a car and a complimentary shirt when you leave.

Seriously, once again, if we had not been given these as a gift you would not be complaining. Were you complaining before the gift?

You are the minority in this thread as you can see most everyone else seems happy with the gift.

Now go start your own thread titled, “I bought gems Anet now give me some free kitten!”

If you are really this upset about it the next Dragon Coffer I get I’ll mail it to you as a bonus to your gift. I hope you win something fancy.

if you are not aware, it involves compensating those who bought gems since the beginning. have you ever wondered or are you aware of the exchange rate in the early months of the game? spending 4000 gems will just get you around 10 gold. and i did that. many people did that. compared to now, think of being ripped big time. as i mentioned, even the resident a.net economist defended the old micro small exchange rate. this i still carry over. but i don’t mind. i just close my eyes and not think about it.

and receiving a mail that tells me these 3 minipets are equivalent to hundreds of dollars of patronizing, well that’s almost a joke. opening old wounds. A.net’s gem to gold gets inflated and the early patrons who suffered from the cruel exchange rate get 3 useless minipets. what a joke.

Dude….they’re holographic. They are worth hundreds of real dollars. It’s like being on board the Millennium Falcon.

alcopaul.2156

Dude….they’re holographic. They are worth hundreds of real dollars. It’s like being on board the Millennium Falcon.

can i use the minipets to bash people in wvwvw or to make my char look cooler at least?

kitten no.

i’d be happier if they mailed us an exotic item. at least i can sell them for gold. or salvage them for ecto. or send them to someone as a gift coz they’re not kittening account bound.

make them minipets not account bound so i can send them and can make other people happier than you make me.

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

Thanks ArenaSkyNet.

:)

Howdy (.)

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING could be as cool as being on board the actual Millennium Falcon. And the inner nerd shows…..

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

This was a nice gesture, appreciate it. Cheers Anet.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I like and appreciate the gesture. Thank-you.

Posted by: Mordule Standish.2371

Mordule Standish.2371

[/quote]

anyway, where is the option to mail back these useless minipets?[/quote]

Wow. They did not have to give us anything at all. What a childish attitude. No one forced you to spend hundreds of dollars. That is all on you dude.

Prepare to don the behind hat – Zojja

alcopaul.2156

anyway, where is the option to mail back these useless minipets?[/quote]

Wow. They did not have to give us anything at all. What a childish attitude. No one forced you to spend hundreds of dollars. That is all on you dude.[/quote]

Yes, they did not have to give us anything at all. But they gave us something that is comparable to an insult, especially to those who patronized them since the beginning. Back then, i repeat, 4000 gems will get you ~10 gold. And they defended that. Exchange rate gets inflated and do you see people in the forums complained bout it? No. And they give us useless things saying that those are what we get for being gem buyers SINCE THE BEGINNING. If you know your English right, this is almost saying that all those cash that you spent is equivalent to 3 useless minipets. This doesn’t work in real life. Heck even in New York restaurants if you undertip the restaurant, you’ll be chased. Companies who don’t compliment their loyal customers well will be left by their customers in favor of other companies if their perks are better. It’s not even an issue of being childish ingrate. I appreciate the move by A.NET. I’m not suprised even. It was expected. But 3 minipets? Come on. They are useless almost equivalent to nothing. So even there’s no thank you gift or there is, it’s almost the same since the stuffs that you get are almost equivalent to nothing.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yes, thanks for the Minis.

I spent $1000, I wonder if I get a mount ;|

I’m sure that works on street corners.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

This is refreshing to see. Thank you Arena net.

The last time I felt this, was when Valve gave everyone on Tf2 a free Key for Christmas.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I patronized them from the beginning and do not feel it is an insult. I would have patronized them anyway and I got a little something back. AWESOME. As a matter of fact, I continue to patronize them.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Something to look forward to once I’m done patching. Well, next to the Dragon Bash. Thanks, Anet!

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Some people will never, ever, be happy – ever. Me, I don’t collect mini-pets, never been my thing, but ya know what? I still appreciate the gesture. It says, “hey, thank you for helping us out” and it made me smile. You wanna sit in a ditch and throw rocks at dragons and pout – more power to ya.

Me, I prefer to say, Thank You.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Beleeth.9162

Beleeth.9162

Is this for everybody that bought gems one one way or the other or just the ones that bought them with real money?

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I patronized them from the beginning and do not feel it is an insult. I would have patronized them anyway and I got a little something back. AWESOME. As a matter of fact, I continue to patronize them.

Attachments:

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: mies backfire.9286

mies backfire.9286

sigh

The way they worded that… I bought $10 worth of gems back during Beta 3, so before launch, and didn’t get a gift. I’m not angry or anything, but kinda feel a lil disappointed about it.

It’s nice that they would do this though for the people who are continuing to financially support the game.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Many thanks ANet!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So even there’s no thank you gift or there is, it’s almost the same since the stuffs that you get are almost equivalent to nothing.

Did you get your bonus gift? I mailed it to you awhile ago in game

The Burninator

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

Just wanted to say a big “thanks” for these. Not something I expected at all, and much appreciated!

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I really was not expecting that. And when I saw the picture, I thought it was another commemorative bag, but no, here’s ANet giving me something worth over $5, not something many companies do, just for being a part of their game. Thanks guys

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Yes TY this was a nice surprise. :-D

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

alcopaul.2156

So even there’s no thank you gift or there is, it’s almost the same since the stuffs that you get are almost equivalent to nothing.

Did you get your bonus gift? I mailed it to you awhile ago in game

I didn’t log in the game yet. if srs, ty but ill return it to you. this scenario is quite sad. having a player to cover for the inadequacy of A.NET that they can easily make up to. thank you for indirectly insulting A.NET, i hope you’re aware of that.

JustTrogdor.7892

I didn’t log in the game yet. if srs, ty but ill return it to you. this scenario is quite sad. having a player to cover for the inadequacy of A.NET that they can easily make up to. thank you for indirectly insulting A.NET, i hope you’re aware of that.

It is just a Dragon Coffer. I got at least 40 of them in an hour so I thought I’d send one your way. Keep it. I hope something cool pops out of it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Err actually the thank you gift are the 3 new minis….well that’s what I got anyways.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Some people are seriously just rude and feel entitled. What ungrateful little children some people can be lol. I’m glad they sent out these, I didn’t expect it but was very happy. Now I think I might use all my gem cards to wallpaper my sons bedroom…

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

JustTrogdor.7892

Some people are seriously just rude and feel entitled. What ungrateful little children some people can be lol. I’m glad they sent out these, I didn’t expect it but was very happy. Now I think I might use all my gem cards to wallpaper my sons bedroom…

I’m gonna buy some gems to buy some gold to buy some minis from the TP and then mail them to some people so they can have more to gripe about

The Burninator

Geotherma.2395

I’m gonna buy some gems to buy some gold to buy some minis from the TP and then mail them to some people so they can have more to gripe about

Lol that works. Can’t wait for some owed money, I really wanna open 500 bl chests for fun :P Plus I want to make a design out of the cards, and if it wins me a contest that works too :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

alcopaul.2156

i don’t intend to be rude. i’m not even a whiner. this is the only time that i whined bigtime in the forums coz i received 3 useless green account bound minis for financially supporting the game within 10 months.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

i don’t intend to be rude. i’m not even a whiner. this is the only time that i whined bigtime in the forums coz i received 3 useless green account bound minis for financially supporting the game within 10 months.

You come across as a massive kitten.

Geotherma.2395

I financially supported my wife for 2 years so far, she has yet to clean my house or cook dinner. Sometimes benefits aren’t about being rewarded, they are about time spent enjoying. She has yet to give me anything aside from a card for my birthday, I bought her a laptop. Just be happy with what you got, don’t expect to get rewarded, especially if you are the entitled type.

JustTrogdor.7892

Okay I’m going to try this one more time. If the gifts had not been sent at all which would mean this thread didn’t exist would you be complaining? Where were you yesterday complaining that you didn’t get some cool gifts after buying gems?

Really, just look at this thread and others in the sub forums. The response is almost entirely positive.

I have spend A LOT and I mean A LOT of money with a certain computer company because I love their products. I never once have expected some kind of free gift from them. If they sent me a mouse pad with a thank you note I’d probably just smile. I don’t even use a mouse pad but it’s one of those things where I would probably think it is nice that they took the steps to recognize me as a customer. I certainly wouldn’t call them up complaining about them sending me free mouse pad.

Thanks to my now ex-girlfriend I also spent a lot of money with a major jewelry store chain. Once I got a nice hand written note from the sales rep that usually helps me. I wasn’t upset because they didn’t give me some free jewelry. I just thought it was nice she took the time to hand write a rather nice note.

I’m not mentioning my purchases just to say hey look at all the money I toss around. It’s more to demonstrate the point that spending money should not lead to feeling entitled to receive some great gift.

Also if they gave some amazing whatever it is you think you deserve as a gift to everyone even if they only bought 150 gems then people’s heads would start exploding because they spent more than the guy that posted above them. They would be complaining that it isn’t fair for one person who spent less to get the same reward because they have been playing since beta and spent more money.

Now I can somewhat see a complaint if from the start the gem store had a sign that said something like, “Buy X Amount Of Gems and Get a Free Gift” but even that is marginal. I’ve seen these promotions in real life stores and the gift is usually junk.

It’s one of those things where it truly is the thought that counts. Just having a large company take the time to send a simple “Thanks” is something you don’t see that often.

So this is my last response to you regarding this. Go ahead and keep bashing your head into the forum all you want because you don’t like a gift that was given to you.

The Burninator

alcopaul.2156

no man, if they give something amazing to me, it follows that they will give also something amazing to others because it is not only I who spent cash on gems. you’re making it sound like I’m the only one deserving with good gifts and is feeling entitled, which i’m not. I’m just saying that the rewards/gift are lacking. the fact that it stressed out “those who bought gems SINCE THE BEGINNING” is what infuriates me even. Because we all know, at least i know since i played since the beta, that the gems are overpriced by the small gem to gold exchange rate.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

no man, if they give something amazing to me, it follows that they will give also something amazing to others because it is not only I who spent cash on gems. you’re making it sound like I’m the only one deserving with good gifts and is feeling entitled, which i’m not. I’m just saying that the rewards/gift are lacking. the fact that it stressed out “those who bought gems SINCE THE BEGINNING” is what infuriates me even. Because we all know, at least i know since i played since the beta, that the gems are overpriced by the small gem to gold exchange rate.

Entitles is entitled. It’s free. They didn’t have to do it. You don’t look at a GIFT and say it’s not good enough. You must be a bundle of joy at Christmas in your house.

Geotherma.2395

Entitles is entitled. It’s free. They didn’t have to do it. You don’t look at a GIFT and say it’s not good enough. You must be a bundle of joy at Christmas in your house.

Imagine their horror when opening a free checking account that has the free gift.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You’re infuriated? About receiving something for free for supporting the game since the beginning? I have nothing good to say about this.

What do you think might a better reward for your alleged efforts?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Uruz Six.6594

Imagine their horror when opening a free checking account that has the free gift.

A toaster? That’s all!? If you truly valued me as a customer, you would include a bread maker and butter churner as well!

Uruz Six.6594

the fact that it stressed out “those who bought gems SINCE THE BEGINNING” is what infuriates me even.

u mad over bonus gifts

… I don’t think I can add anything to that.

Posted by: Tyqer.6413

Tyqer.6413

I got mine and my Minis vanished when I zoned. Contact support?

Fort Aspenwood
Kireta

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I got mine and my Minis vanished when I zoned. Contact support?

They didn’t end up in the Collections?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

alco is just bitter that the gift he recieved is not what he wants/needs. He spent 4k gems that equates to 10g back then, and as he said, cant get over it. Well, that’s life. Early adopters either strike it big, or lose big.

Thing is, no one forced anyone to buy gems in real cakitten is optional, and in this kind of game, using real money means the players are mostly liking the game, and showing support,

Back then, 10g is probably a decent chunk of money. I know, coz I used to see Legendary for sale for less than 300g (compared to now that it is in thousands). So 10g back then, comparing to now, is not really fair. Many players reach Lv80, more can farm, experience in game has matured, and making money has become easier for many.

I wish you well, what’s past is past…you can stay in it, but if you do, you will just get miserable, blame Anet for your own actions.

Me? I thank anyone who gives me a gift, after all, it’s the thought that counts.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I didn’t read it yet, but it sure is nice from A.net.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Yeah yeah, thanks for the minis, hurrah -_-

But seriously, THANK YOU for the “Right-Click to Attack/Interact” option, that’s among the best fix/polish thing ever

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Yes, they did not have to give us anything at all. But they gave us something that is comparable to an insult, especially to those who patronized them since the beginning. Back then, i repeat, 4000 gems will get you ~10 gold. And they defended that.

1/ They gave us something comparable to a big thank you. It’s a free gift.

2/ If you sold 4000 gems for 10 gold you were ripping yourself. Everyone knew those rates were unrealistic, everyone knew they were going to rise over 2gp/100 gems in less than 6 months. That was pretty much a given.

Your problem is buyer’s remorse and that’s your problem, not a.net’s. Because of that, you see a thank you note as an insult instead of what it actually is … a thank you note.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

No, thank you Anet. Seriously, you’re spoiling us. Never ever stop.

I’m getting another card. I could use a Consortium Sickle.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Thank you for the present, please stop with the RNG tho.