About the Thank You Gift: Thank You

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

1/ They gave us something comparable to a big thank you. It’s a free gift.

I see that more as a big sorry for screwing up again and again and again.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

These handful of people whining because their “thank you” wasn’t … thanky enough, is just too much. I think I’m going ta go to the gem store and buy me something, just to let Anet know I appreciate the very nice gesture.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I must have missed those screw ups. Thanking people, admitting and fixing mistakes, staying true to a manifesto and promises … for you those are screw ups maybe, but in the EU these are qualities.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I was actually surprised when I received this. Although I have no desire to accumulate mini pets, although they do look neat, it was nice to see that our support of the game, at least financially, was not un noticed.

More acts of this nature go a long way to winning back some of my support.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

alco is just bitter that the gift he recieved is not what he wants/needs. He spent 4k gems that equates to 10g back then, and as he said, cant get over it. Well, that’s life. Early adopters either strike it big, or lose big.

i can’t get over it because they, arena.net defended it.try scouring old threads in the Black Lion Trading Post. Try following my messages. i was one of some who argued that they should make it 2g per 100 gems to be at par with the rates of the gold sellers back then. what do i get? i get infracted and suspended for “promoting gold sellers”. and look at now, it seems the sentiments back then won. we won. victory on our part who want to raise the rates. now, where is the a.net economist? he must’ve been hiding coz his words he ate.

This gift reminds me of the issues on gem to gold rates back then. it was a bitter fight. and wrapping “recompensation” to the word “gift” is what sucks. 3 useless minis for financially supporting the game within 10 months.

i bet most of these guys in these thread didn’t shell any cash, or didn’t buy gems WITH THEIR HARD EARNED $$ to convert to gold back then.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I spent my gems on character slot, bank space, keys, boosts.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

alcopaul.2156

no man, if they give something amazing to me, it follows that they will give also something amazing to others because it is not only I who spent cash on gems. you’re making it sound like I’m the only one deserving with good gifts and is feeling entitled, which i’m not. I’m just saying that the rewards/gift are lacking. the fact that it stressed out “those who bought gems SINCE THE BEGINNING” is what infuriates me even. Because we all know, at least i know since i played since the beta, that the gems are overpriced by the small gem to gold exchange rate.

Entitles is entitled. It’s free. They didn’t have to do it. You don’t look at a GIFT and say it’s not good enough. You must be a bundle of joy at Christmas in your house.

i don’t receive gifts from my electric company every christmas. i receive gifts from those people that i didn’t give any money to.

i did receive promotion discount from my phone company though last christmas. the iphone 4s got for half price and it’s cool coz i can actually use it (aka not useless)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I could never understand how people would buy gems and then convert to gold- especially back when the game launched.
I have always just bought gems to buy stuff I found useful or liked- I can’t actually imagine converting real cash to game cash, provincial of me, I know :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Thank you for the pets.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

alcopaul.2156

I could never understand how people would buy gems and then convert to gold- especially back when the game launched.
I have always just bought gems to buy stuff I found useful or liked- I can’t actually imagine converting real cash to game cash, provincial of me, I know :P

well they want to control inflation. they appeared to promote a low rate of gem to gold. they had even an economist to defend that. they want to keep the rates low to give value to ingame gold. anything to inflate the economy they did action – banning overly farming/botting, gold selling and even exploits. with this mindset of theirs, their gems became in default overpriced. so those gem to gold buyers of the past are confident that the rates will be at or near constant all through out.

but some, including me, wanted back then to raise the rates to what it is now, for them to keep up with the third party competitors coz we thought that it is better for the players to buy gold from a.net and it will be likely if their rates are almost the same if the rates. what did we get, we get infracted and suspended.

and all this kitten that we did are tokenized in the form of 3 useless minipets.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

A very nice gesture, thanks Anet!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

well they want to control inflation. they appeared to promote a low rate of gem to gold. they had even an economist to defend that. they want to keep the rates low to give value to ingame gold. anything to inflate the economy they did action – banning overly farming/botting, gold selling and even exploits. with this mindset of theirs, their gems became in default overpriced. so those gem to gold buyers of the past are confident that the rates will be at or near constant all through out.

but some, including me, wanted back then to raise the rates to what it is now, for them to keep up with the third party competitors coz we thought that it is better for the players to buy gold from a.net and it will be likely if their rates are almost the same if the rates. what did we get, we get infracted and suspended.

and all this kitten that we did are tokenized in the form of 3 useless minipets.

Yes, you did it all. You had all the ideas, you were infracted for them, and now you’re vindicated.

Oh brother.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I must have missed those screw ups. Thanking people, admitting and fixing mistakes, staying true to a manifesto and promises … for you those are screw ups maybe, but in the EU these are qualities.

I guess that was sarcasm, thanks for the good laugh.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

alcopaul.2156

i would like to say sorry to a.net and to a.net alone for my behavior. i guess i got carried away by my emotions and my inner @holeness. but i don’t care what others think of me after the things that i said anyway so yeah.

i was on the negative side of things. something is better than nothing. thank you, a.net.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

i would like to say sorry to a.net and to a.net alone for my behavior. i guess i got carried away by my emotions and my inner @holeness. but i don’t care what others think of me after the things that i said anyway so yeah.

i was on the negative side of things. something is better than nothing. thank you, a.net.

I’m glad to see this post. It isn’t often you see apologies on message boards. I’m pleased that you have become less frustrated over the Anet thank you gift. Also I was rather rude to you at times and I’m sorry for that. I too was getting a little frustrated in the thread. Happy Dragon Bash!

The Burninator

alcopaul.2156

I’m glad to see this post. It isn’t often you see apologies on message boards. I’m pleased that you have become less frustrated over the Anet thank you gift. Also I was rather rude to you at times and I’m sorry for that. I too was getting a little frustrated in the thread. Happy Dragon Bash!

good karma is good karma. shortly after i posted my apologies, i alt tabbed and opened 19 dragon coffers from wvwvw and got a dragon weapon ticket.

(RNG) God is good to those who repent. So act accordingly i guess.

But it would be appreciated if at the end of the event, everyone gets a dragon weapon ticket.