About the recent finishers sales

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Well, all I can say is:
1. I’m glad I didn’t buy all of the finishers that I was missing since they’re all on the TP now, except for one.

2. Pretty much all the finishers I bought that can now be bought on the TP were bought a a discount except for a few in the beginning that have been used enough.

3. The finisher sales close to this announcement were unneeded, could’ve discounted some of the new weapon skins but the Skritt Finisher is lovely.

4. Most of the finishers I bought for full value are not found on the TP.

5. Sucks I didn’t buy the Unicorn Finisher as that is gonna be the only one I’ll still need

Wondrous Achiever \o/

(edited by Preyar.6783)

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Ok I am a little confused here, people are saying they are in the trade post but I do not see the search option and I tried the word finishers and nothing, is there a more specific name for these?

Thank you.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Ok I am a little confused here, people are saying they are in the trade post but I do not see the search option and I tried the word finishers and nothing, is there a more specific name for these?

Thank you.

Searching for “finisher” (singular, no ‘s’) will show all of them.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

3. The finisher sales close to this announcement were unneeded, could’ve discounted some of the new weapon skins but the Skritt Finisher is lovely.
(

There was no sale, they simply put a tag on them theat they will only be available for a week. During the anniversary sale, there was only the unicorn finisher at full price, which isnt available on hte tp, whoomp finisher for 90% off, which was a good deal and chickenado finisher for 50% off.

So only 3 finishers on sale recently, one isnt tradeable now, one is as expensive as during the sale and for chickenado your argument might be valid.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

(

There was no sale, they simply put a tag on them theat they will only be available for a week. During the anniversary sale, there was only the unicorn finisher at full price, which isnt available on hte tp, whoomp finisher for 90% off, which was a good deal and chickenado finisher for 50% off.

So only 3 finishers on sale recently, one isnt tradeable now, one is as expensive as during the sale and for chickenado your argument might be valid.

The Skritt finisher was on sale during the “Talk-like-a-Pirate” day in case you missed that, so I’m not talking about the 1 week notice. Also bought the Chikenado Finisher for the 50% off, forgot that one. (Had Whoop Finisher already but it was priced so low that the gold price is close anyways)

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: InfamousRSX.7285

InfamousRSX.7285

I contacted support again providing a link to this forums and I still got denied again, I bought because of the “buy now they will be gone” hype, but what angry me the most is arena net of course knew that making a chest drop 2 days later and make them tradeable would make them really cheap compared to 800 gems. This is really shady and I feel cheated. A better way to promotion this sale had to be like " last change to buy directly from gemstore, but there will be other means to get from the game after". And there should be not double costumer standard, refund for everyone with the same problem, or no refunds for anyone.

mrstealth.6701

A better way to promotion this sale had to be like " last change to buy directly from gemstore, but there will be other means to get from the game after".

There was no reason at all to promote them. It was just a marketing trick to give us the impression that the items wouldn’t be available for a long time, so we’d rush to buy them.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

As a gem store finisher buyer myself…. This is crazy stupid.

“Hey you, random customer….screw you for paying $10/finisher”.

-Anet

This is the same as buying Guild Wars one day, and it going on sale the next. You had said finishers guaranteed. Other people have to pay the price set by other players on the TP, ot gamble on BLK’s. This is why I when I buy things from the gem store. I make sure I’m 100% happy, and it’s 100% worth the gem cost, otherwise I don’t put my hand in my pocket.

No, this is nothing like buying the game on sale. The finishers should not be in the BLC and available to other players via the TP. I’m ok with them being in the BLC and being account bound, however.

Posted by: InfamousRSX.7285

InfamousRSX.7285

Now they told me there was “24 hours windows” to ask for a refund… really? was the sale a 24 hour event? wow… just wow. i bought it 1 day before that 24 hours windows….

“I know that we recently changed the way that players get finishers. We were offering refunds for players that had bought them within a 24 hour window from when they were taken of the market. Sadly, this purchase did not fall within that time frame and that is why we cannot offer a refund for the finisher.”

Regards,

GM Milk Dudz

(edited by InfamousRSX.7285)

mrstealth.6701

Now they told me there was “24 hours windows” to ask for a refund… really? was the sale a 24 hour event? wow… just wow. i bought it 1 day before that 24 hours windows….

“I know that we recently changed the way that players get finishers. We were offering refunds for players that had bought them within a 24 hour window from when they were taken of the market. Sadly, this purchase did not fall within that time frame and that is why we cannot offer a refund for the finisher.”

Regards,

GM Milk Dudz

Wow

That is just disgusting. They need to be honoring any refund request for purchases made after their non-sense “1 week left” promotion started.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This is what was said in relation to the removal:

The entire current line of finishers will be removed from Upgrades after this week, so this is your last chance to purchase them directly using gems.

I for one think it was rather clear that they would be obtainable another way from that statement. Heck there were people speculating minutes after the blog post that they would come back as BLC items. So clearly there were others that thought the same.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Thank you.

Searching for “finisher” (singular, no ‘s’) will show all of them.

Thank you!

mrstealth.6701

The entire current line of finishers will be removed from Upgrades after this week, so this is your last chance to purchase them directly using gems.

I for one think it was rather clear that they would be obtainable another way from that statement. Heck there were people speculating minutes after the blog post that they would come back as BLC items. So clearly there were others that thought the same.

They left it rather…open. Basically, Anet can say they never told us they wouldn’t make them available some other way. While technically the truth, it’s can easily mislead.

It still doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to make that change the very next day after the promotion stopped. The nature of the promotion heavily implies that the items wouldn’t be a available at all for some time. They had to know that is how most people would interpret it, even with the openness of their statement.

They could have been open and clear with their plans to add them to BLCs only a week later. But they chose not to, in favor of promoting this as the “last chance” to obtain them for some time.

Wanze.8410

They left it rather…open. Basically, Anet can say they never told us they wouldn’t make them available some other way. While technically the truth, it’s can easily mislead.

It still doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to make that change the very next day after the promotion stopped. The nature of the promotion heavily implies that the items wouldn’t be a available at all for some time. They had to know that is how most people would interpret it, even with the openness of their statement.

They could have been open and clear with their plans to add them to BLCs only a week later. But they chose not to, in favor of promoting this as the “last chance” to obtain them for some time.

There was no promotion, just a PSA that the finishers wont be available for directly via gems after 1 week.

mrstealth.6701

There was no promotion, just a PSA that the finishers wont be available for directly via gems after 1 week.

It doesn’t have to be on sale/discount to be a promotion. Making a news post about it, and adding on a “x days left” timer in the gemstore is promoting the items. They were raising awareness of the product, which is the definition of a promotion.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Just remember that A-net has extended out their refund policy to certain people before. Especially on “special occasion,” where they screwed up so badly. Light Flamekiss armor and infinite resource gathering tools are perfect example of this. Those refunds went on longer then a month.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Wanze.8410

It doesn’t have to be on sale/discount to be a promotion. Making a news post about it, and adding on a “x days left” timer in the gemstore is promoting the items. They were raising awareness of the product, which is the definition of a promotion.

They never promoted it as the last chance to get them for some time, as you stated, they said they will no longer be available using a very specific purchase method (directly via gems).

I dont know what was unclear about it in the blogpost.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

They were all listed in the “Promotions” tab…

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

They never promoted it as the last chance to get them for some time, as you stated, they said they will no longer be available using a very specific purchase method (directly via gems).

I dont know what was unclear about it in the blogpost.

Correct. But anytime they have said that an item is leaving the gemstore, we expect it to be absent from any form of acquisition for a prolonged period of time, because that’s what actually happens. If someone was told those finishers were going into the chests and would be trade-able 1 day after they were removed, would they use gems to get them? To spend real money or several hundred gold to covert to gems? I know I wouldn’t have.

Shoutout to GM Smeegzzzzzz for being awesome. No refund, but best support tickets I’ve ever gotten The conversation included the note for any of these purchases within 24 hours can be refunded

(edited by MoS.5970)