About the weapon design contest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kultakorppi.4769

Kultakorppi.4769

I was wondering if we’re allowed to design an entire set of weapons or just 1 singular weapon. Seeing as how I already went wild with the template and designed an entire set, hearing that we only get to submit 1 would be a major bummer.

Also, are we allowed to post the weapons we designed on any art sites/ social media profiles? The rules didn’t elaborate on that (i think) and I wouldn’t like to be disqualified for showing off my creations.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

“During the Contest Period, to enter, create an original digital Guild Wars 2 themed Weapon Design (“Design”) following the guidelines and templates provided in the .ZIP.”

-So for me, you have to make a weapon design for the whole templates, it’s a set of weapons for me not “only choose one and design it!”.

-Second question: It’s you that who made the custom designs, at the beginning they are yours, you can exhibit it on your fan art gallery! It’s a kind of ads for them: Share it put it’s for GW2 weapon contest and it will attire more players for the game!

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

It just one weapon for any of the template weapons you choose. You can submit 3 designs ( all same theme or all different). The devs got make 3 weapons, one from 1st 2nd and 3rd place they not going do 3 full weapon sets.
I would say showing ur stuff off on other sites fine, just make sure u have good proof you original creator if some one steals it before u submit them.

Im making my designs in blender as physical objects and rendering the image out. I have an asura model i made so it nice test the weapon design on a model.

I think this is a brillant comp for the people who love fashion wars 2

Death Good

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

AHHHH one weapon only! So only have to sent three weapons pictures O_o
I was so inspired that I make a full template sheet with my weapons set…

So… I will just choose one of them then..

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Feel free draw the full set, one weapon might stand out as the best for you to put forward as the final piece at the full A4 Size. The templates are thier to make sure u stay in the size guide lines. The photoshop file got them all on seperate layers so you can Turn the others off and scale it up to a4 to save as a final piece.

Each of your 3 designs can be a different weapon with its own theme or same theme. Encase my wording confusing you.

Good luck with your designs.

Death Good

(edited by Nightmare.1234)

Posted by: Kultakorppi.4769

Kultakorppi.4769

Ahh dang, seems like I have a difficult decision to make in that case. At least I can put the whole set in my portfolio even if I can’t submit them all! :D