About this month's monthly achievement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shimoya Winter.5439

Shimoya Winter.5439

While the monthly achievements before may have some difficulty to complete in low levels, but they still can be completed with some care of the character.
And most of them don’t require you to achieve in some particular place, why I have to go to the new area and kill 200 karka?
Does it means that if we play a low character, we must kill enough karka in the past 3 days or we don’t have any rights to claim the monthly reward?

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

yes, it is after all your fault for not being 80 yet.

Posted by: Shimoya Winter.5439

Shimoya Winter.5439

lol That’s a good answer. In fact, I do have a lv80 character, but I just can’t understand why there’s a level gate that prevents some low level character to get the should-be-available-by-all rewards.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Some of the choices I think were just reactions to a knee jerk change in how they originally planned things.

It will probably get worked out better next month.

Posted by: ginzo.8792

ginzo.8792

it’s because if they force everyone to go kill 200 karka, they can force them selves to believe the new zone is a great success cos everyone likes to play there.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Or, at the very least, they can force people to visit the new zone and let them decide for themselves whether they like it or not. I’m more worried about the <80 people who want to finish their monthlies with the lot running around screaming “lfg frac 80s only”

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

Most the time I never even get the monthly reward because there is usually something I have to end up doing that I don’t like or absolutely hate and I’m not playing something I don’t enjoy for the rewards.

W vs W vs W – So long as that remains a part of it I’m never going to get a monthly ( I hate P vs P, not just dislike but hate it )

Dungeons – Aside from seeing the story that’s involved, I could care less about ever setting foot in one again. I can’t see them making these something I’ll ever consider fun.

( There is no monthly reward that will entice me to play in either of those two areas, nothing. It would be nice to see something for a monthly that was more inclined toward P vs E and didn’t require those of us who hate P vs P or higher end areas where we MUST endure the antics of elite snobs to accomplish a monthly reward )

Switch it up, maybe there will be months I won’t get anything, but it would be nice to work toward one a few times at least.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

think of wvw as pve, except your mobs are smarter and move in groups, so you have to move with “npcs” as well or get left behind :P

and iirc, the story mode also counts as a dungeon run.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Sumii.2845

Sumii.2845

think of wvw as pve, except your mobs are smarter and move in groups, so you have to move with “npcs” as well or get left behind :P

and iirc, the story mode also counts as a dungeon run.

More like think of WvW as a place with rampant teleporting Mesmers creating a portal for the whole mass to come in and zerg everything.

Nothing more fun than ‘smarter npcs that move in groups’ and teleport all over the kitten place.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

There were hundreds of little karkas to kill by the spiral in Caledon forest.

The only level-gated content was the mandatory dungeon runs, as the lowest dungeon is lvl 30 (which can take a couple days of play to attain).

When you’re talking “achievements,” it’s really not a stretch to expect players to have achieved a certain level.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Killed so many karka over the weekend event I got Karka slayer. O.o

It shouldn’t be too difficult to get the achievement.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

About this month’s monthly achievement – please don’t leave everything to the last seven hours and then complain that it switched to the next month early.

But then, it’s happened twice already, so what’s one more time?

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

This amazes me. People always find new weird things to complain about. clap

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The WvW achievement is easy to get within a few hours if you’re part of a zerg.

The majority of people who participated in part 2 and 3 of the event this weekend easily hit 200. Many did it before Sunday’s event. Everyone was scaled up and had a chance to do the monthly for karka kills. Catering the monthly to low levels reduces the number of things that can be done for the monthly. The majority of players have a lv80 so that gives Anet flexibility in creating different tasks.

The fractals is still scaled to lv80 and you only need to complete 7 fractals. Dungeons are just as easy and a lot of people do them extremely well.

With the reward that you get, there should be some sort of effort made on the player’s part. Unless you’d prefer the monthly to be scaled by level whereas a lv20 only needs 12 WvW kills, 1 dungeon completed, 2 fractals completed, and 50 karka killed. Of course you’d also get 25% of the reward.

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

think of wvw as pve, except your mobs are smarter and move in groups, so you have to move with “npcs” as well or get left behind

Hmmm I’m not sure I agree with this statement. Are you really sure they are smarter?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

think of wvw as pve, except your mobs are smarter and move in groups, so you have to move with “npcs” as well or get left behind

Hmmm I’m not sure I agree with this statement. Are you really sure they are smarter?

Debate-able. With some of the things I have seen, I can see where you’re coming from.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There wasn’t a level gate during the prime time to do it (the event). I did this with a level 63 character during the event, when everything was upscaled to level 80 for Southsun Cove and LA. I actually got the achievement during just the first event on Friday night! There were a ton of Karka.

If you still haven’t done it, then yes, you need to be L80 to do it now (or should be). You still have enough time left in the month to fully level a character from level 1 to 80 and kill 200 Karka if you start now, though, so it’s achievable! Good luck!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Debate-able. With some of the things I have seen, I can see where you’re coming from.

well… they ARE invisible much of the time