Abusing vote to Kick

Abusing vote to Kick

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark Ace.7108

Dark Ace.7108

Does anyone else feel that some players are abusing vote to kick and are sometimes starting poll for reason?

For example: I am a veteran player who has plenty of level 80s and wanted to do a dungeon with a lvl 78 toon. This a dungeon that I am very familiar with, I go through the group finder in the dungeon tab and I see a group that has 3 members and they are looking to do quick run. I join the group. I notice that they are all elite specialized and have a bunch of mastery ranks – that’s cool. I have mastery rank too on other toons. As soon as I enter into the group I see a vote to kick request submitted. I am saying to myself what in the world did I do to deserve that. This is not just one occurrence, it happens a lot. They could at least ask if I am familiar with the dungeon or not before kicking. Plus there is a great way to identify if someone is seasoned or not without kicking, you could loo at there Achievement number. If they have 3k+ then they are most likely seasoned.

I am curious if anyone knows what is going on here, maybe I missed something?

Abusing vote to Kick

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

They wanted 80s. Not because of experience, but for stats. A 78 with have lower stats then an 80. That’s all.

There are plenty of dungeon groups that allow sub 80s (I join them, if I want a certain dungeon/path for tokens, I don’t care on the levels, my guardian is set up to handle most things, I just want bodies so it’s faster).

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Abusing vote to Kick

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The clue was in their LFG text. They said they wanted a quick run which usually means they are looking for geared players so they are likely to be the sort of players who will want to see your gear and build. So the 78 will have been like a red rag.

I’m not saying it’s right but that’s how some of those folks are. Insta-judgement, insta-kick.

Maybe start your own party and make the 78 thing clear in the lfg text. You’ll get plenty of players.