Accessories you can see!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

Isn’t it time that anet decides to make accessories become visible, I know the amount of visibility will depend on size of character but just seeing what you have just equipped would be a nice touch. I know we will never get mounts but plz think about visible accessories anet.

TY

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Wow…

Always the topics that are actually interesting and don’t have to do with RNG/hate-of-the-week just get lost in the shuffle.

115 views and no-ones got any input?
I could start a(nother) topic about how I hate Cashmere and Majoram, and BAM instant replies.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well (lacking some examples) I’m not exactly sure how well it would fit into the current armor system. A ring or amulet wouldn’t be too difficult but it would probably get covered by your cloves, same for a necklace. But I guess anything to help make your character visually distinct.

Wow…

Always the topics that are actually interesting and don’t have to do with RNG/hate-of-the-week just get lost in the shuffle.

115 views and no-ones got any input?
I could start a(nother) topic about how I hate Cashmere and Majoram, and BAM instant replies.

My timezones +2, 16 hours ago I was asleep :P

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Nice idea maybe soon we will see new tier of ascended accessories which for example creates aura arund your char or maybe modify your skills like rune

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

No pls i dont want real earrings on my charr..

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Actually a nice idea, though I’d prefer them to have a show/don’t show toggle, like backpacks. On the other hand, many sets where it would make the most sense to show them, already have visible rings or necklaces (light armour).

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. necklace is often already integrated in chest armor .. here also an example for heavy armor.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I would also like this as long as it has a toggle option!
Also, rings can be worn over gloves, so that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s not worth it.

You would have to load extra assets in the game. Imagine having to load 5 additional pieces for each player? Sure they are small, indistinguishable details but the game still has to load it and transmit it. FPS lag would be unbearable.

And when you factor in that almost nobody would even notice these details…it’s just not worth it.

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Only if I can get a ring that says “UNITY.”

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Aion had visible earrings. I hated it. In most cases they were mismatched and made my character look kinda……you know…..

Which was not the look I was going for lol.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: mediamaster.3217

mediamaster.3217

I’m surprised at the number of voices against it. I remember Aion too, Drak. But alternatively, I really loved the earrings. I play mostly female characters and earrings on girls always look amazing to me. I don’t care about rings and necklaces really, but earrings are always something I’ve wished GW2 had.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

It’s not worth it.

You would have to load extra assets in the game. Imagine having to load 5 additional pieces for each player? Sure they are small, indistinguishable details but the game still has to load it and transmit it. FPS lag would be unbearable.

And when you factor in that almost nobody would even notice these details…it’s just not worth it.

I’m afraid I’m inclined to agree. Extra graphical load for every single character, minimal visual impact. Has to be sized/proportioned according to character race.

And most of it would not be visible under armor, anyway. No one would wear a necklace overtop of their heavy plate armor, or rings on the outside of their gloves.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

While it would add more diversity, I can almost certainly say that it will never happen.
Too bad I always liked games that added rings etc to the character model.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I liked how in GW1 many armor sets had matching accessories (like earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) that were visible on your character, so I totally agree with this. Of course there could always be options to hide them if you so choose especially if there would be performance issues (doubt it). Also, I heard of speculations that there may be legendary accessories released in the future. What would be the reason to obtain those if you couldn’t even see them?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I hate the idea that all of my characters are blinged out in jewellery as it is, why do I need to have a constant visual reminder too? Please, make it toggleable and not very obvious. Still, it’ll mean some people will grind two sets of ascended trinkets: one set for the stats, another for the skins.