Account Linkage idea

Account Linkage idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlanCMD.9205

AlanCMD.9205

I don’t know if this topic have been brought up before.

I am thinking if anet will offer linkage between accounts so we can transfer/send account-bound items between the accounts.
In that way, less painful to level up a new character and also for faster gear up.

But in order to prevent selling of account-bound items from 3rd party vendors, there should be some ways created to prevent that. Any thoughts? Permanent linkage and mutual bank accessibility?

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Being an owner of 5 accounts, I would love such a feature. But I can certainly see the downside. I would assume such an arrangement would be permanent. How could it not? Then what happens if a couple/friends/whoever breaks up, goes their separate ways, but their accounts are still linked? Methinks Anet does not want to get involved in that kind of mess.

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Probably not. People have asked for it before but there’s problems. What if one account gets hacked? Both will be stolen from then. What if a husband and wife link accounts and then divorce? Can they be separated? What item goes with what account? What if two people link for whatever reasons and then one gets mad or drunk and trashes the other account?

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

How do you have more than 1 account? Do you need to buy multiple game copies, and use a different email for each?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Account Linkage idea

DeanBB.4268

Yes and yes. 5 emails, 5 purchases.

Account Linkage idea

Lankybrit.4598

Yes and yes. 5 emails, 5 purchases.

Thanks.

Updated every Monday

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: AlanCMD.9205

AlanCMD.9205

Yes, certainly those are the problems. But anet should warm them that the linkage is permanent. think carefully before doing so. And the linkage should be agreed from both sides/all sides.

This linkage “may” boost up copies of gw2 for anet.

But anyways, if this topic was brought up before. Anet probably doesn’t like it.

(edited by AlanCMD.9205)

Account Linkage idea

Lankybrit.4598

But, if those accounts were linked, you could only do one daily per day.

Updated every Monday

Account Linkage idea

DeanBB.4268

That’d be the deciding factor. What things would be merged and what would remain separate? After all, those with multiple accounts have them for a reason. Daily logons, daily rewards, festival 1/days, crafting 1/days, teleport to friend. Take away too many of those advantages to gain some benefits, and it wouldn’t be worthwhile.

I can’t see it ever happening anyway.

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

…aaaand not gonna happen. You can have more than enough characters on a single account to achieve anything reasonable, so this is really just asking to be able to have multiple login rewards and/or per-account daily things, drops, etc on a single account by paying extra money for it.

Which is way more P2W than I think anyone really wants to see.

Account Linkage idea

Lankybrit.4598

DeanBB: Would you recommend having more than one account? I might be interested in getting a 2nd one, for daily stuff etc.

Updated every Monday

Account Linkage idea

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Seriously? =_=

GW2 already has pretty much the easiest leveling of any game with a leveling system.

Account Linkage idea

DeanBB.4268

An additional account is a distraction from your main account. Any time you spend on it is time you’re not advancing your main, whatever that means to you. So consider if you wish to add in that distraction.

All but one of my alt-account characters are level 80, plus I have 23 toons on my main account. Right now all but one of the alt-characters are parked at chests or nodes so I can log them in, grab something, and move on. I keep one free on each account to do dailies, festival stuff, visit the bank, etc. That still takes time.

All the alt accounts are Core, and the last 3 were cheap from sales or Amazon. I have not upgraded them in any way. I funnel almost all of the good stuff they get into the main account, including any gold over 20 and all non-account bound materials. I’ve sold over 1000 mystic coins.

I can tell from others who have posted about alt accounts that they treat them more equal, but that’s never how I’ve used them.

I also enjoy leveling toons, and 5 slots on a cheap alt account is a good investment for me.

From my additional accounts I get:

login rewards (laurels = materials, mystic coins = gold)
daily rewards (excess gold, materials)
harvesting of my home nodes (I have 2 computers)
materials and gold
rare or exotics to salvage
extra limited festival stuff – gifts, lucky envelopes

I haven’t for a while, but I was doing multiple key runs per weekend on the alts. If I feel ambitious to do so again, I may add a character slot on one or more of the alt accounts. That all takes time, so the more time you can spread between the accounts the more they may be of use. I vary between hardly using them and getting dailies done on all five. Even if it is just login rewards, there’s a benefit.

In summary: I enjoy the extra accounts, and I gain some in-game benefits from them.

Account Linkage idea

Lankybrit.4598

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation. I have 7 characters currently out of 8 slots. Two of them are 80. I think I’d enjoy revving up another account and starting to level 5 more characters. Maybe I should get the others to 80 on my main account though. Thanks again.

Updated every Monday