Usefull everywhere, spvp/pve/www.

Pls give us!

Account bag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Eeeeh, that’s called a bank.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

Account bag

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Eeeeh, that’s called a bank.

No, it’s different.

I’m talking about a bag (with limited slots of course) that u can equip in every characters you have in your account and u share items between characters.

Faster than bank but more limited in slots

Account bag

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not sure I would want to give up 18 or 20 slots for such a ‘bag’. I truly doubt if it were implemented that ArenaNet would add an expansion slot to all characters.

Possible, I suppose, but doubtful.

Account bag

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

it’s actually an amazing idea, think about the copper salvage omatic for example, or the airship pass, having them shared with all my alts would be awesome

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Account bag

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

So basically you want 18/20 slot bank with instant access?:) I don’t think that’ll happen..

But I’d love to ofc

Account bag

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Not a great or useful idea. That is what the account bank is for.

Account bag

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

So basically you want 18/20 slot bank with instant access?:) I don’t think that’ll happen..

But I’d love to ofc

I’m actually thinking if they offer it, 5 slots would be plenty. For the salvage o matic, a set of tools, and a favorite mini.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Account bag

AnAspieKitten.5732

There’s the item that allow you to access the bank at any time which is quite expensive for a reason : it’s very RNG based, you get it in black lion chest, that means gems, that means loads of IG money or real life money, and it’s very rare.

Now you want something that will devalue that completely. Think about the odds it happens. I’d set them to about 0%. They have bank slots and items to deal with that, they won’t put a bag that will allow anyone to do it “just like that”.

Dear Santa,
With love, a cute kitty.

Account bag

MarkPhilips.5169

But I’d love to ofc

Uhm..not really, this account bag could have expansion slots, so basically u start with 4 slots and u can upgrade it how u can upgrade bank slots.

It’s a bag, so you need to put your bag in every characters if you want to have your items shared.

Of course it’s just a design idea, but i see a big difference with bank and a very interesting potential.

Account bag

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

But I’d love to ofc

I’m actually thinking if they offer it, 5 slots would be plenty. For the salvage o matic, a set of tools, and a favorite mini.

I think that’s a good idea. 1 seperate bag slot where you can put stuff in you can and will use on every character, but you don’t want to relogg every time and run or WP to a bank when you need it.

Indeed make it 5 slots, that would be enough. I would personally use it for, for example, some mini’s, tonics, potions, account bound weapons I like to switch between characters. But indeed an acces-pass to a certain area would be one of the things that benefits from this.

It saves a lot of time relogging and WP’ing to a bank. And due to the fact that it is only 5 slots it cannot replace the bank, it just saves time and is more convinient to use.

IF they make it’d probably end up as an unlock in the gemstore.

Edit: Grammar

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Account bag

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Not sure I would want to give up 18 or 20 slots for such a ‘bag’. I truly doubt if it were implemented that ArenaNet would add an expansion slot to all characters.

This is exactly why they should do it. The account bag, on five characters, would mean sacrificing up to 80 slots from your account. That’s extra bank slots to sell, plus extra bag slots. Some people would make your choice, others would sacrifice the space for the convenience, others would simply buy extra bag slots.

This way there is no issue of the bag rendering multiple copies of harvesting tools redundant because there is balance and payoff to every choice. ANet offer an incredibly useful QoL item that doesn’t hurt their other sales, and would make a LOT of money.

Of course, it would be amazing if it came with a free bag slot too (To be honest, after this many junk items per LS update I think a second birthday bag slot for characters might be a reasonable idea)

Account bag

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This is exactly why they should do it. The account bag, on five characters, would mean sacrificing up to 80 slots from your account. That’s extra bank slots to sell, plus extra bag slots. Some people would make your choice, others would sacrifice the space for the convenience, others would simply buy extra bag slots.

This way there is no issue of the bag rendering multiple copies of harvesting tools redundant because there is balance and payoff to every choice. ANet offer an incredibly useful QoL item that doesn’t hurt their other sales, and would make a LOT of money.

Of course, it would be amazing if it came with a free bag slot too (To be honest, after this many junk items per LS update I think a second birthday bag slot for characters might be a reasonable idea)

My point was addressing all those who have already maxed out bag slot on their characters. ArenaNet likely won’t add another slot to every character, so the choice is between shared access of a small bag, or having up to 20 panes in the existing slot.

I don’t know how much that would impact people’s storage decisions, but I’m sure there would be threads protesting. Lol.

Account bag

MarkPhilips.5169

This Account Bag could be expandible with extra slots.

For example you start with 4 slots (perfect for 3 gathering tools + Copper O matic) if you want another 4 slots you need to pay XXX gems.

Or (better) you need to do something in the game (spvp/pve/WWW).

Or you can choice between the 2 options (like the new traits “do or buy” )

Interesting horizontal progression options too.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Account bag

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

There’s the item that allow you to access the bank at any time which is quite expensive for a reason : it’s very RNG based, you get it in black lion chest, that means gems, that means loads of IG money or real life money, and it’s very rare.

Now you want something that will devalue that completely. Think about the odds it happens. I’d set them to about 0%. They have bank slots and items to deal with that, they won’t put a bag that will allow anyone to do it “just like that”.

This.

Why would Anet give us a reason to not more buy black lion keys?

Account bag

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

While I can see it conflicting with bank tab and inventory slot sales, this would be a great thing for me. There are a handful of items that I put on all of my characters, such as Mystic Salvage Kits, Black Lion Salvage Kit, food and WvW blueprints.

Heck, I would probably use more than 20 slots of accountwide inventory space so that I could easily transfer Ascended gear between characters in addition to all of the stuff I already put on my characters.

Account bag

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

While I agree that this is an amazing idea, and am inclined to ask for it as well, I know it’ll never happen.

Why?

Very simply, it would make things far too easy for the player. Yes, there is such a thing as making things too easy.

This type of convenience would allow for far too much ease of passing around account bounds items such as the salvage-o-matic, gathering tools, armor, etc from character to character. This makes the player disinclined to make further purchases of such things as the gathering tools and the salvage tool and even things like the bank access express or the 2 week banker golem. This results in loss of revenue for the company.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Account bag

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Listed as 34. A magical bag shared by all characters (may be a gemstore item not to conflict with bank golem). in this feature list. Would be a nice thing to have, I agree.

20 level 80s and counting.

Account bag

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

It’s not a bank slot. It’s an account bag. Have wanted this for some time.

So you don’t have to keep switching toons for potions or wasting bag slots on potions on all your characters.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Account bag

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Not a great or useful idea. That is what the account bank is for.

how is it not useful??

with all the account bound stuff now, it is very useful, ascended gear/legendary weapons/gathering tools etc

It would be very alt friendly <3
_
I’d like to know how many people buy the banker golem….. it just seems REALLY overpriced for 2 weeks.
Apart from that, its locked to 1 character is it not?

(edited by Taygus.4571)

Account bag

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I would pay gems for that

Account bag

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I read similar suggestions and I loved all of them.
Personaly, I would buy all the gathering tools and the cooper matic thing if such bag existed, keep accessing the bank among 8 toons is a bit anoying.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Account bag

MarkPhilips.5169

For spvp players would be usefull too, now with new rewards tracks if They open chests with a low level character, they get low level items. Putting chests in this account bag and They can open with their 80 char without using bank and in easy step.

Account bag

AnAspieKitten.5732

Telling us how great this is don’t change the fact you don’t take into consideration the real economic impact it’ll have for ANet. Between what people say they will do (“buy all I can in the gemstore because I can switch them easily”) and what they’ll really do, there’s a world.

Why do you think the infinite gathering tools were not made avaible on all characters + new characters when you buy one ? So people would ultimately have to make a choice between an annoying way of sending them to other characters or buying another one. And that’s what your bag would not allow. Sure there are probably people out there that “won’t buy it because I play on multiple toons”, but these are also the least inclined to make the best use of it and as such of buying it (playing with one character = 50/100 stacks of gathering tools usually used pretty fast, playing with multiple = takes more time and as such is less important). + then again, between what they say and what they do, there’s a world. + if people stack multiple tools in their inventory, less spaces = more will to buy new slots.

See, they win. With your bag, they lose. Sure I’d love to have this kind of thing, but at some point it gets a bit too convenient for us. And I repeat once more : bank access = gems.

Dear Santa,
With love, a cute kitty.

Account bag

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

the gw2 china version has a lot of the convenience items all rolled together into their vip/sub system which essentially is “levels” with increasing conveniences features (ie permenant instant access to bank without a bank golem) that are account bound. They also have a port to friend!

My main reason for mentioning this is that the one problem with the permanent services is the rng nature of obtaining them (BL chests) and the character bound nature.

I am not advocating for installing a vip feature. I just want to point out that they already have the system to do this and could put them into the gem store as unlocks rather than subs.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Account bag

MarkPhilips.5169

Telling us how great this is don’t change the fact you don’t take into consideration the real economic impact it’ll have for ANet. Between what people say they will do (“buy all I can in the gemstore because I can switch them easily”) and what they’ll really do, there’s a world.

Why do you think the infinite gathering tools were not made avaible on all characters + new characters when you buy one ? So people would ultimately have to make a choice between an annoying way of sending them to other characters or buying another one. And that’s what your bag would not allow. Sure there are probably people out there that “won’t buy it because I play on multiple toons”, but these are also the least inclined to make the best use of it and as such of buying it (playing with one character = 50/100 stacks of gathering tools usually used pretty fast, playing with multiple = takes more time and as such is less important). + then again, between what they say and what they do, there’s a world. + if people stack multiple tools in their inventory, less spaces = more will to buy new slots.

See, they win. With your bag, they lose. Sure I’d love to have this kind of thing, but at some point it gets a bit too convenient for us. And I repeat once more : bank access = gems.

I see a lot of opportunity for Anet to improve their revenue system with this bag.

A single account bag for example could cost 800gems for 4 slots. You buy 1 and you put it in your character. Now you have 4 “magic” slots shared in your account.

But you need to equip another account bag for every characters you have to see these 4 slots, so 800gems X every character, and i think it’s a good price for the power of this bag.

After that Anet could sell extra slots if you want to upgrade this bag. Other 4 slots = XXX gems.

And this bag can improve a lot, sales for other items in gemstore. Many people didn’t buy gathering tools, Cooper O’matic or other account tools for this reason, because they can use it only on a character and they need to switch them every times.

This bag would eliminate the switch process, bypassing bank. And it’s different from bank because bank has a A LOT of slots and you don’t need to equip it on every character and buy it on every character.

Of course, it’s only a design idea

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Account bag

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It might be a cool idea, and super convenient, but it may save too much time in-game. Probably, most developers would rather you spend more time in-game, than less, and too much convenience might detract from time spent in-game.

It’s a cool idea, as I said, and has been bandied about several times before. I’m sure the Devs are aware of it….I doubt we will ever get a yes or no about it, unless it just shows up one day in the Gem Store.

Account bag

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I assume you are talking about Black Lion Keys yes? I have yet to buy gems for keys because keys can be farmed easily. I keep an extra character slot to do just that. Roll up a human commoner, any class, and do PS until level 10. 100% key drop for completion. Drop key in bank via free banker golem, delete character and repeat. takes about 15 min. per key in a group, and about 20-25 solo. You’ll never have to buy keys again!

On topic however. I don’t see the use other that saving a few moments. We have all the tools we need to quickly transfer items between characters as it is. Even making it a gem store item will cause more people to rage that Anet is pushing the gem store, and is a greedy/evil company. Adding this, I feel, is redundant and useless.

Edit: Just to clarify for anyone concerned about the above method for obtaining keys. It is stated VERY clearly that it is NOT an exploit, thus not a bannable offence.
Full thread here

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)