Account hackers...

Account hackers...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leofric Eriksson.8741

Leofric Eriksson.8741

Over my last 2 logins, I have recieved in game mail with a cut and paste of the “account shut down inform” email, giving me a direct account to report. These guys are not even trying anymore! At least with the email, it looked official-ish, if not entirely composed in engrish, but this make me cover my keyboard in Irn Bru the first time I laid eyes on it from laughing.

So, the progression is:- a few month after launch we get a competant phisherman, then after that came the “nigerian princes”, and now comes the people that cant even get a phishing list of email addresses. How. Very. Sad.

I am now stretching, but I am reckoning that the next set will just call people out in their forum posts with it for everyone to see!

“No plan survives contact with the enemy” – Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Account hackers...

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Its truly sad, but they wouldn’t be doing it still if players didn’t fall for it. How they do i don’t know. It does clearly say that its sent by another player and not by any ANET team so…. but just like in real life people do fall for it…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Account hackers...

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Its truly sad, but they wouldn’t be doing it still if players didn’t fall for it. How they do i don’t know. It does clearly say that its sent by another player and not by any ANET team so…. but just like in real life people do fall for it…

Yeah, some people right?

I’m still waiting to hear back from that Nigerian Prince though…Can’t believe he picked ME to give 10 million USD…I mean who does that!?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Account hackers...

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Unfortunately people still fall for it no matter how poorly worded the phising is. There are posts here often from people asking if it is real. There are posts every so often from people that said they panicked and followed the link and gave them their info. They prey on people that give in to emotion from fear of losing their account. As it turns out the people that fear such things end up getting hacked and have to go through support for an account roll back.

The Burninator

Account hackers...

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I got my first in game mail ever about this 4 days ago reported and continued with my day

Account hackers...

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

a fool and his purse (account) are easily parted.