Account name change 2000 gems, what a ripoff

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Given you can change your account name by contacting support for free. That seems like a total scam to get people to buy gems that don’t know any better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-1-2017/

We have added a Gem Store item that will allow you to change your account name for the low, low price of 2,000 gems. There is no limit on the number of purchases.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Account name? That’s the email? 0,o ? Not the display name? confused…

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Read the notes. All of them

Then read the date

EKAN.4051

Read the notes. All of them

Then read the date

Well, gotta ya, very funny…..not.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Personally I can’t wait to log into the game, this patch seems so gooood!! Can’t wait to go play wvw as well XD

EKAN.4051

Personally I can’t wait to log into the game, this patch seems so gooood!! Can’t wait to go play wvw as well XD

Yepp, awsome, alrdy spent 8000 gems on account name change (got it wrong 3 times, and love my guardian now!

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Given you can change your account name by contacting support for free. That seems like a total scam to get people to buy gems that don’t know any better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-1-2017/

We have added a Gem Store item that will allow you to change your account name for the low, low price of 2,000 gems. There is no limit on the number of purchases.

So full of win.

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Yepp, awsome, alrdy spent 8000 gems on account name change (got it wrong 3 times, and love my guardian now!

That’s odd, for me it worked the first time, but when I went to check my email my credentials no longer worked, and now I can’t access it at all…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

April fool’s day is apparently lost on some people.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LOL anet is on PST time and can’t figure out how to read a calendar. And they actually program for this game?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You might want to take a closer look at the image I attached.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

LOL anet is on PST time and can’t figure out how to read a calendar. And they actually program for this game?

Considering they (those that post the Notes) aren’t at work tomorrow, and that April 1st started 43 minutes ago for some, I’m not convinced they “can’t figure out how to read a calendar”.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Considering they (those that post the Notes) aren’t at work tomorrow, and that April 1st started 43 minutes ago for some, I’m not convinced they “can’t figure out how to read a calendar”.

And thats why all their patches always start as soon as the day changes on the international date line or why Europe and Australia never never has to wait an additional day by their calendar. LOL—I guess its when its convenient for them they can make adjustments.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

And thats why all their patches always start as soon as the day changes on the international date line or why Europe and Australia never never has to wait an additional day by their calendar. LOL—I guess its when its convenient for them they can make adjustments.

Patches can have game breaking bugs. For that it’s best to start them early and not right before the weekend when many Devs are not working. Fake patch notes dont need people at work to fix bugs and can be released any time.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

is this thread serious

I can’t believe people are acting serious about this stuff ?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Morality system added for guardians. Failing to remain virtuous will cause you to lose access to your Virtue skills.

Well, gg.

The technician in the Special Forces Training Arena has finished collecting her data and as such does not require adventurers’ aid. She has left the zone and will no longer spawn golems. She was last heard muttering something about DPS meter elitism.

:D

Fixed a bug that prevented random number generation from being affected by wishful thinking.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You might want to take a closer look at the image I attached.

Never post before your first coffee. That’ll show me.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

You think that is a ripoff? Let me tell you what an actual ripoff is. Logged in to try the new Warrior updates and guess what. The third weapon can only be equipped in the chest slot and not the head slot. Literally unplayable.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Thanks for linking to the patch notes. I wondered why I was accruing dishonor whenever I played PvP and now I know why I can’t access signet of virtue.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m having a hard time believing you of all people on these forums are falling for that one!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m having a hard time believing you of all people on these forums are falling for that one!

You might consider investing in a magnifying glass. =P

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You might consider investing in a magnifying glass. =P

/facepalms self

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Some people not familiar with the aprils fools concept.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.