Account wide map completion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

• Fixed a bug that prevented some accounts from having vistas now unlock on an account-wide basis rather than a per-character basis.
  • Skill challenges now unlock on an account-wide basis rather than a per-character basis as originally intended.

Someone explain this to me because I’m honestly confused…so if I get a vista/skillpoint on a character, I have the option of unlocking it on all toons? I mean I tried doing that on some of my characters and nothing happened, so I must be reading it wrong.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Think it means you can see them on new characters if you have one character that can see them.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Terrible wording. We were confused at first too. Its like ANet doesn’t even speak English anymore in their changelogs because lately they’ve been confuzzling.

Here’s what it actually means:
- When you reach a certain level, skill points are “unlocked”.
- When you reach a certain level, vistas are also “unlocked”.
- Once this has happened the account is flagged to always have them unlocked for every new character that you create in the future.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

ZeroArmada.9426

Think it means you can see them on new characters if you have one character that can see them.

That…still makes no sense to me

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Confirming the posts above. It means that once the option to interact with skill point challenges/vistas has been unlocked for a character (at a certain level), it is unlocked for all present and future characters on your account, regardless of level. These character will still have to interact with that vista/SP challenge themselves (and complete in case of SP) to aqcuire it. It does seem that you will not be able to see them on the (mini)map until a certain level regardless of whether you can on other characters or not, but you can still aqcuire them.

I did not get to test all this myself yet though. If it does not seem to be working for you, send in a bug report.

It is rather complicated, I hope this makes more sense to you?

ZeroArmada.9426

Terrible wording. We were confused at first too. Its like ANet doesn’t even speak English anymore in their changelogs because lately they’ve been confuzzling.

Here’s what it actually means:
- When you reach a certain level, skill points are “unlocked”.
- When you reach a certain level, vistas are also “unlocked”.
- Once this has happened the account is flagged to always have them unlocked for every new character that you create in the future.

Ohhhhhhh! I haven’t made a new character to try out the new leveling system, and the lowest character I have had already hit 30 before the patch hit. I didn’t realize vistas/skillpoints were locked until a certain level. Thanks for clearing that up though, I will admit, I got pretty excited thinking I could finally do map completion on multiple toons haha.

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

So people who already have a/some level 80 characters should be able to see and interact with all SP & vistas on a completely new level 1 character?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So people who already have a/some level 80 characters should be able to see and interact with all SP & vistas on a completely new level 1 character?

I think you may have to unlock it on the first alt you play and after that all other alts will be unlocked. That’s how I’m reading it.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think you may have to unlock it on the first alt you play and after that all other alts will be unlocked. That’s how I’m reading it.

Or at least don’t be surprised if you have to unlock it on the first one. Who knows, the code may be in there properly and those who had level 80’s before the patch will have vistas and skill point challenges unlocked.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m planning on checking this tonight…..I’ve not started a new Alt since the 9/9 patch (and have a LVL 80 of all professions).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances