Account worth over 5 million gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Spotted this on reddit. It’s insane, and in under 400 hours of play. They are so far ahead of everyone else it’s almost unbelievable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/49xudv/did_someone_just_buy_nearly_200000_in_gold/

What on earth could they have that is worth so much?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Couple of things I can think of, don’t know how likely they are.
Bought the gold with real money
Hacked account being used by a goldseller to hand out gold to gold buyers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

A lot of comments think gold seller, but who knows, ive seen in the past new players who used Twitch and had a fortune donated to them, it really all depends on how that site calculates wealth, and or if it was a bug.

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Its not actual gold though…5 million in potential assets or whatever.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

MashMash.1645

They said only a portion of it was actual liquid gold (could have bought items with it I guess), but that most is items. Apparently it’s over 500k!

Would a gold seller put their api on efficiency? Seems super risky.

MashMash.1645

Efficiency is “opt in” right? I mean it doesn’t scrape the whole game? A gold seller wouldn’t put their api on it, would they?

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said only a portion of it was actual liquid gold (could have bought items with it I guess), but that most is items. Apparently it’s over 500k!

Would a gold seller put their api on efficiency? Seems super risky.

The reason why I suggested that it was a hacked account was because it could be one that had already set up the api on efficiency before the hack and the goldseller didn’t think to check.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

If you look on Efficiency, almost all that 5 mil is in characters value… only 200K is in liquid gold (That account is still 1st in liquid gold value, but not that far ahead of 2nd place… as a comparison, for account value the 2nd place is only 300K).

I can’t find how Efficiency defines “character value” and “liquid gold”. My guess is “liquid gold” means all his available gold plus the TP value of all items that aren’t soul or account bound. “Character value” then would be weapons, armor, dyes, skins, minis, etc, some of which can be sold, but mostly are soul/account bound. I’m not sure if other currencies are taken into account e.g. karma, dungeon tokens, etc.

Anyway, if how I understand Efficiency is true, it wouldn’t make sense if he were a gold seller as the liquid gold portion should make up the majority the account’s value. It could very well be a bug with Efficiency, or Anet’s API.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The account is real – the account value can also have many sellable things such as NxEternity in storage.

We tried to tell ANET the legendary market was sown up by a few very rich individuals – you have just met one

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

MashMash.1645

The account is real – the account value can also have many sellable things such as NxEternity in storage.

We tried to tell ANET the legendary market was sown up by a few very rich individuals – you have just met one

They are active as well. It just went down by 20k

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Y… So this guy has around 1037 eternaty’s laying around on his chars. Sure…. I believe you…

Probably an API bug. From time to time the API/gw2efficieny can’t calculate the prices right. So maybe this acc just has some items the API thinks are extremly expensive?

Is the API currently, counting gemstore items? If yes maybe someone just has some more of the free gemstore items we got during 2012 gw2 release?

Maybe another arabic sheik just spent his daily allowance on gw2? (You remember? The 10.000$ gems buying sheik in early 2013?)

Or a crazy idea: Some anet dev used a dev account api key at gw2efficiency. Forgetting that he had some created expensive stuff

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

I can’t find how Efficiency defines “character value” and “liquid gold”.

The character value includes gear and everything these characters have in their inventory.

Liquid gold is the amount of gold you have if you sold everything you own for sell value.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

gw2efficiency is often wrong. It doesn’t count bound stuff for instance, even though it’s crafted with stuff you can actually sell, and that is worth a lot of money. My account value dropped to newb level for instance when I crafted Nevermore, simply because there’s no price tag for it on the TP. Yet the account value would have remained the same if I had crafted Eternity instead (or even increased as the selling price is higher than the crafting cost).

Also, I suspect the skin section to be calculated based on the current TP price for the skins, so it’s not so surprising if the guy has unlocked a bunch of old BL skins that now sell for 100s of gold.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They are active as well. It just went down by 20k

Thats just because items on that account lost a bit of value. His game time is still at 391 hours….

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

If you read the reddit thread, Chris Cleary posted that he thought it was an error too.

But if it is dodgy, now that Anet has caught wind of it, expect to see another naked body falling through DR
https://youtu.be/bqfUi9DzBuo

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

TPMN.1483

A Bank almost full of eternitys – now if you could only see the details – you would see it is not wrong.

The funny thing is ANET has no way of knowing who it is or the ability to check ‘account’ value in this way. Its the third party sites which actually have better tools than ANET does.

It also doesnt take much effort to have lots of legendarys listed on the TP – remember whats in the bank/chars can be dwarfed by current sell rates on the TP.

I would not be shocked if there were many players with > 500K in listings on the TP right now (with a current value > 100K if it all sold).

The question is how much do you think is too much?

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

A Bank almost full of eternitys – now if you could only see the details – you would see it is not wrong.

The funny thing is ANET has no way of knowing who it is or the ability to check ‘account’ value in this way. Its the third party sites which actually have better tools than ANET does.

It also doesnt take much effort to have lots of legendarys listed on the TP – remember whats in the bank/chars can be dwarfed by current sell rates on the TP.

I would not be shocked if there were many players with > 500K in listings on the TP right now (with a current value > 100K if it all sold).

Currently there are 134 legendary weapons listed on the trading post, I doubt that the richest players have more than a few dozen of them.

It is fairly easy to reach high numbers in listings, look at some t5 materials, almost 600k potent venom sacs listed for 2s, is it worth 10k gold?

TPMN.1483

If I said one of the richest players has a bank full of eternitys -1tab – you would not believe me.

MashMash.1645

If you read the reddit thread, Chris Cleary posted that he thought it was an error too.

But if it is dodgy, now that Anet has caught wind of it, expect to see another naked body falling through DR
https://youtu.be/bqfUi9DzBuo

Yeah. The people running the site said it’s not the site that wrong, so the bug maybe is the info coming from the games end. They said it’s stacks of items causing the large number. But I guess it’s only accurate insofar as the site is getting correct data from the game.

Wanze.8410

All listings on my main account have a value of 23.4k gold (at lowest listing value), which puts me in 9th place in that category on gw2efficiency with the leader at 63k gold.

gw2bltc calculates the actual value at what i listed all these items, which is 87.4k gold.

I doubt there are too many players with 500k in listings.

Attachments:

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

That person is amazing.

I am so jealous.

Wanze.8410

If I said one of the richest players has a bank full of eternitys -1tab – you would not believe me.

but one tab of eternities is just valued at 150k gold, 1.8m gold, if you have all 350 slots full of eternities.

TPMN.1483

Its not too hard to have a lot of things listed on the TP though…

Attachments:

Sphinx.8014

I’d say that as that person has “only” ~200k of liquid gold (which includes the value of all character inventories, bank tabs, mat storage and TP buy/sell orders), the remaining 5.100.000 gold of account worth would have to be account bound items on the characters, no? If that person had tabs full of unbound eternities they should add towards liquid gold.

TPMN.1483

Nah – liquid gold is the gold actually in the persons wallet it’s counted separately from account value.

TPMN.1483

Remember this person also has nearly every BLTC skin unlocked ;-)

Sphinx.8014

No, it’s not. There is a seperate statistic for gold in your wallet on GW2 Efficiency. Liquid gold is what you would have if you sold everything you own for the current sell order price.

Click on “Account” —> “Overview” and you will see values for “total account value”, “total money (sell)” and “total money (buy)”. Total account value includes nonsellable assets such as unlocked dyes and skins, whereas total money (sell) is only the money you could potentially liquify and does not include assets without at least vendor value. It is identical to the values listed for liquid gold on the statistics page.

(edited by Sphinx.8014)

Sphinx.8014

Remember this person also has nearly every BLTC skin unlocked ;-)

The maximum worth of unlocked skins for accounts with playtime between 100 and 500 hours is ~69k, for dyes it’s only 4.7k. That’s not where that account value comes from.

Edit: 5.241.100 gold of the total worth of 5.312.049 are stored on characters and only a fraction of that has at least vendor value.

(edited by Sphinx.8014)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Maybe it’s several stacks of upgrade extractors, or something like that?
(or some guild’s scribing account)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Sphinx.8014

Unfortunately all those stacks wouldn’t even add a single copper to your account value

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Maybe he stacked some of those pvp items that are listed for like 100 gold on the tp, unless those were removed. While back some guy had 6mil worth on gw2 efficiency because of that.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m a fairly casual player (2,897 hours over 1,294 days), I rarely have more than 10g on me, frequently less than 1g but my mini pet collection alone is currently worth over 5,500 gold.

But the thing is I didn’t pay anything like that much to get it. For an extreme example I got the Mini Karka the first weekend it was available, when it cost about 15g, it’s now going for 2,500g on the TP. Same with a lot of the others.

If this guy was playing during the first year he could easily have bought a bunch of black lion keys, gotten a bunch of Halloween, Fused etc. weapon skins and then quit the game and left them sitting there for years slowly gaining value as they became rarer, then come back and registered with this site.

(He could also have more money than sense in real life and have actually spent that much to buy gold, either through the game or illegal sites.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’m a fairly casual player (2,897 hours over 1,294 days), I rarely have more than 10g on me, frequently less than 1g but my mini pet collection alone is currently worth over 5,500 gold.

But the thing is I didn’t pay anything like that much to get it. For an extreme example I got the Mini Karka the first weekend it was available, when it cost about 15g, it’s now going for 2,500g on the TP. Same with a lot of the others.

If this guy was playing during the first year he could easily have bought a bunch of black lion keys, gotten a bunch of Halloween, Fused etc. weapon skins and then quit the game and left them sitting there for years slowly gaining value as they became rarer, then come back and registered with this site.

(He could also have more money than sense in real life and have actually spent that much to buy gold, either through the game or illegal sites.)

He could also have bought gems when they were worth a few silver in the exchange, stockpiled till now, then cashed in

Sphinx.8014

The thing is that we can see the potential maximum values for all possible sources (Bank, wallet, minis, etc.), as GW2E lists highest values seperated by playtime.

That person has 391 hours of playtime, so he falls into the intervall of 100-500 hours. Lets assume that all maximum values belong to that one account. Here are the numbers:

Miniature value: 1,514 gold
Wardrobe value: 69,352 gold
Dye value: 4,731 gold
TP value: 4,086 gold
Material Storage: 5,052 gold
Bank: 38,714 gold
Liquid gold: 214,748 gold
Characters: 5,241,100 gold
Total account: 5,312,049 gold

As you can see, the value comes neither from skins, miniatures nor any combination of them. The lion’s share of the value comes from items on the characters that don’t add much to the liquid gold of the account. No idea what that could be though. Maybe it’s really just an error.

Wanze.8410

yeah it depends how you define account value, liquid gold, etc. Your trading post sell order value of 32k on efficiency just means that all the things you have listed atm accumulate to that value, if you add their lowest listing prices. And the 641k value of your estimated gross sales from gw2bltc is what you listed it for.

Which means that all your listings are listed at 20 times their current lowest listing values.
So i would guess that its mostly items that are or have been bought close to vendor value and listed with an ROI of several thousand percent. Your listing count must be in the millions…

Just a flesh wound.3589

Redit thread

ANet Tivac

Turns out the API doesn’t block banned players, so someone who was banned for duping (but still had an account) was able to generate an API key and get onto the site.
We’ll be blocking banned accounts from the APIs in the future, sorry!

ANet may give it to you.

TPMN.1483

yeah it depends how you define account value, liquid gold, etc. Your trading post sell order value of 32k on efficiency just means that all the things you have listed atm accumulate to that value, if you add their lowest listing prices. And the 641k value of your estimated gross sales from gw2bltc is what you listed it for.

Which means that all your listings are listed at 20 times their current lowest listing values.
So i would guess that its mostly items that are or have been bought close to vendor value and listed with an ROI of several thousand percent. Your listing count must be in the millions…

Yes- about 7.2 Million items

My Mantra is as follows:
I believe ‘buy’ low (at bottom) and sell ‘stupid’ high – spread beat across a large market.

Wanze.8410

Yes- about 7.2 Million items

My Mantra is as follows:
I believe ‘buy’ low (at bottom) and sell ‘stupid’ high – spread beat across a large market.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that point of view. Some investments of this sort definately played out in the past. I usually never did because I wasnt too keen on the logistics it involves to relist 1m+ items. I am usually more interested in wether an investment scheme works or not and for that, I only need a couple of thousand gold in value to spike my way, not tens of thousands.