Acended gear as precursor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Suggestion and hope to anet

I know there is no plan yet for legendary gear and i dont mind if this gear never come.

But if its come can u make it so that our acended gear is the precursor?

Edit here since i cause confusion i mean Legendary Armor not weapon when one day we get those. That we not need hope for a lucky armor drop but instead using our acended armor ..

even so i dont mind that for weapon either

thank u

(edited by Balsa.3951)

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I know there is no plan yet for legendary gear and i dont mind if this gear never come.

thank u

What?

Legendary gear is already in the game. Unless, do you mean like trinkets/armor? I’m confused here.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

thank u

What?

Legendary gear is already in the game. Unless, do you mean like trinkets/armor? I’m confused here.

He means using ascended weapons as precursors. Horrible idea.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

It doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea, but the costs are too low. Getting crafting from 400 → 500 is supposedly 119g. Then we have various materials to make the ascended item totaling 46g. That’s only 150g for an item that currently sells for 300-500g on the tradepost.

However, I feel like there should be something much more. As part of making a legendary, you already have to level two crafts to 400. Leveling one of them to 500 and spending the prerequisite amount doesn’t seem too different.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I think he means that if legendary armor/ trinkets come in to play that he’d like Anet to use our existing Ascended armor/ trinkets as precursors for them. I think that’s a wonderful idea. As far as precursor crafting goes it would need to be separate since precursors already exist for weapons, but obviously do not exist for legendary armor/ trinkets.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

well given your chance at a precursor is meant to be higher the higher the rarity of items you throw into the forge is, you should just toss those ascended items in and hopefully get one out

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

well given your chance at a precursor is meant to be higher the higher the rarity of items you throw into the forge is, you should just toss those ascended items in and hopefully get one out

and get the outcry again that they are to rare, yah good thinking……

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

It doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea, but the costs are too low. Getting crafting from 400 -> 500 is supposedly 119g. Then we have various materials to make the ascended item totaling 46g. That’s only 150g for an item that currently sells for 300-500g on the tradepost.

And one could argue the cost on the TP is too high. Which it is. Thanks to horders/relisters/flippers artificially bloating the price since launch.

Ascended gear as a precursor is actually a really good idea for armour/trinkets. It will never happen for weapons sadly.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

i support this idea, but i may suggest, combine an ascended weapon, with 3 special ascended materials to forge a precursor. And this precursor should be used to forge a new set of legendary (new skins), not the current existing one.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think I kind of like the idea of using the Ascended armor and trinkets as at least part of the precursor for legendary armor and trinkets. Combine each piece with a couple of gifts, makes it a precursor. Add another couple of gifts and tada, legendary. It’s basically the same formula we use for existing legendary weapons… only with a lot less rng for the precursor acquisition. Is that not what we desire anyway?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I made a similar suggestion some time ago: [Suggestion] Extensible Ascended Gear/Precursor Crafting

Instead of using ascended items right away, I suggest that you first need to unlock stat combos on an ascended item. Once you have them all, you can use them as precursors.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

thank u

No Ascended Gear has the exact same stats – that WOULD be a waste….

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Acended armor sry i should be more specific

was thinking gear is gear and weapons are weapons

so it would be like acended armor or trinket is a Precursor and then u add maths and what ever else on fancy things.

Just that we get rid of rng and not make people look stupid who wasted 300 g or more on a acended set.

(edited by Balsa.3951)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I could see this working for precursor crafting.

1 ascended weapon
10 vision crystals
1 gift of something
1 bloodstone

out pops a precursor. This gives people a way to earn it instead of farming gold, but still makes it take time and effort to keep the value up.