Achievement Data storage location?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naginto.4597

Naginto.4597

Hi,

Are achievements stored on the client or server side? The UI doesn’t track which things you’ve done in terms of dive master (xx/37), hint completion (xx/82) etc.

I was wondering if its kept client side would there be a way to mine the information to overcome the UI being so incomplete.

Thanks

80 Ranger / 80 Mesmer
80 Engineer / 80 Guardian
80 Necro / 80 Thief

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure all information on your account is stored client side. That’s how you’re able to play on your account on any computer that has GW2 installed.

But also you can add any achievement you want to the UI, just tick the little box next to it and it will be added to the list. It does convert it to a percentage, but you can still use it to track your progress.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It’s server side. All of it. If any of your account information were stored client side besides images and data that didnt affect your account in any way, hackers could easily change the numbers and values to fit their needs. DayZ is a perfect example of why online games store everything server-side. Even hit detection in GW2 is server side

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My achievement list shows exactly how many dives I have done for Dive Master, as well as how many hints I have done. You need merely to mouse over the description in said Achievement list. =)

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Server side.

No MMO made by a sane development team would keep player data stored client side. That’s just ASKING for hackers.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

My achievement list shows exactly how many dives I have done for Dive Master, as well as how many hints I have done. You need merely to mouse over the description in said Achievement list. =)

The one thing it lacks is to inform you which of the dive master spots you have already discovered.

It would have been nice if the discovered spots would show on map. I have forgotten long ago which ones i have done and which only seen, which considerably slows down new discoveries (well, at least until i finally decide to just do a run through all of the locations, i guess. I haven’t been bored enough to do this yet).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@Astral

This is true. I was addressing the comment that the Achievement list does not indicate how many have been achieved. =)

Perhaps, at a future date, an indication of which have been done, or at least in which zones some are needed, will be added. Hope springs eternal!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I’m pretty sure all information on your account is stored client side. That’s how you’re able to play on your account on any computer that has GW2 installed.

But also you can add any achievement you want to the UI, just tick the little box next to it and it will be added to the list. It does convert it to a percentage, but you can still use it to track your progress.

Fixed:

I’m pretty sure all information on your account is stored server side. That’s how you’re able to play on your account on any computer that has GW2 installed.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i went crazy when i was missing just one, i was so sure i did all of them and since i had no clue on which i did, i run through all of them again. i really hated it!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride