Achievement Point Chests Need Love

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I remember the “good old days” when opening one of these chests was exciting. But I haven’t felt that for a long time. Getting some cool PvP armor was sweet. Now, it’s no better than a champ bag. In fact, I get better stuff out of champ bags, because I can at least get some T6, exotics, rares, coin, etc.

These chests, especially after 5,000 AP, should be something to actually want to strive for. But they’re lacking in most respects. That’s my opinion. I’d really like to see the rewards enhanced. Not necessarily in coin, but in something COOL, something that will make me search out achievement points instead of just thinking “oh, ho hum, a chest full of… a whole lot of boredom”. How about one BL ticket scrap? How about a random mini or random exotic or even, at the milestone ones, an ascended trinket?

As it is, I am only looking forward to the 10,000 chest, and only because of gems and larger amount of laurels. Then what? Another 10,000 AP of boredom? C’mon ANet. Step up and make these more exciting. We have enough boring loot in game.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I do miss the PvP skins that came out of those. I have Stalwart shoulders and boots thanks to the AP chests, as well as a number of weapon skins of interest. I just opened my 12.5K chest and went “meh.”

I would love to get skins again.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I agree, they are really, really bland and lackluster after the pvp gear stopped dropping.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Same. They used to be interesting to get and I liked getting the skins. I put them in my PvP locker and got them in my wardrobe when that came out. Getting the chest now is kind of a letdown.

If ANet isn’t going to give us skins, maybe they could have a guaranteed ticket scrap in there. People could work toward a full ticket and trade it in for a weapon skin of their choice.

CMM.6712

I like the ticket scrap idea, it’s not too much and not a let down, seems just about right.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I agree. I got Feathers of Dwayna for PvP and some dungeon skins I’ve wanted without having to farm the place when PvP became wardrobe. The chests as they are really aren’t all that special. I got the 10k chest and now I’m not even really worried about AP chests anymore.

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

I agree wholeheartedly. The wardrobe patch seems to have (inadvertently?) seriously devalued the overall contents of the AP chests. They used to be a decent bonus to look forward to, now I can’t really be bothered to even try and work for them.

Would be nice if they included a few random skin unlocks or something else to compensate. I like the idea of guaranteed ticket scraps too, although just 1 would be a little too slow to make up for the lost reward imo.

What would be a good rewards balance? A ticket scrap or two? Two guaranteed skin unlocks of any item (up to exotic tier?) you haven’t unlocked yet?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Good rewards to raise up the value of Achievement Point Chests would be:

- Black Lion Tickets
Would require 9500 Points for just 1 complete BL Weapon Set through AP gained if you buy them while they cost 1 Ticket and more, if you get a ticket just every 1000 points

- Skin Unlocker
Can unlock you any locked Skin for your account (Weapon, Armor, Mini, Back item) for like every 1000 AP, what would be also a good counter against the huge price inflation alot of items got, after the Wardrobe Implementation

- Unique Recipes for various Items to Craft which you could receive only from the AP Chests

- Unique Fun Items like Tonics, Toys ect..

- Unique Outfits that you receive only from AP Chests

- Guaranteed Chests with Ascended Weapons/Armors of Choice

- Those Zephirite Colors, with that you can unlock specific Colors of a Color Set, but those from the AP Chests could absolutely unlock every Color, regardless of its rarity, even those later added Gemstore Colors, such items could get rewarded to us every now and then…

- Consumeables for PvP Rank so that those people which don’t like so much Pvp have with them also a way to boost a bit their Rank – I mean, it also rewards since begin players with hundreds of Badges of Honor and gave players earlier also “Glory Boosters” at times, when they still existed.
So why bring this not back again as a direct boost to PvP Rank, otherwise I see no sense in it, why Anet kept the Badges of Honor rewards and just removed only the old PvP Booster. Would in the end just be a small help to reduce a tiny bit the Rank Grind

There is so much, with that AP Chests could get improved with to make them very valuable again and something, for that players are striving for to collect quickly the needed amounts of AP to earn those special chests.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Good rewards to raise up the value of Achievement Point Chests would be:

- Black Lion Tickets
Would require 9500 Points for just 1 complete BL Weapon Set through AP gained if you buy them while they cost 1 Ticket and more, if you get a ticket just every 1000 points

- Skin Unlocker
Can unlock you any locked Skin for your account (Weapon, Armor, Mini, Back item) for like every 1000 AP, what would be also a good counter against the huge price inflation alot of items got, after the Wardrobe Implementation

- Unique Recipes for various Items to Craft which you could receive only from the AP Chests

- Unique Fun Items like Tonics, Toys ect..

- Unique Outfits that you receive only from AP Chests

- Guaranteed Chests with Ascended Weapons/Armors of Choice

- Those Zephirite Colors, with that you can unlock specific Colors of a Color Set, but those from the AP Chests could absolutely unlock every Color, regardless of its rarity, even those later added Gemstore Colors, such items could get rewarded to us every now and then…

- Consumeables for PvP Rank so that those people which don’t like so much Pvp have with them also a way to boost a bit their Rank – I mean, it also rewards since begin players with hundreds of Badges of Honor and gave players earlier also “Glory Boosters” at times, when they still existed.
So why bring this not back again as a direct boost to PvP Rank, otherwise I see no sense in it, why Anet kept the Badges of Honor rewards and just removed only the old PvP Booster. Would in the end just be a small help to reduce a tiny bit the Rank Grind

There is so much, with that AP Chests could get improved with to make them very valuable again and something, for that players are striving for to collect quickly the needed amounts of AP to earn those special chests.

- maybe a scrap, so every 10,000 ap you technically get one ticket. But they do give gems at least at points.

- I’m for unique skins like the hellfire (felt more Customable, like dyable), but unlocking any skin every 1000 (or even more) would be bad. Everyone but just look on the to for the highest priced skin ATM, and take that, making that item now worthless.

- eh sure, I can get behind that one

- no, please no. It took us forever to get rid of tonics from bltc chests. I’m fine without the toys.

- eh, sure.

- I would say OK for at certain points, but other points I would give ascended mats first

- I rather they just fix the item headpiece that once you unlock one color, it unlocks for all armor sets, since its the same one. But I doubt that will happen since they were made before wardrobe, and is more of a coding problem.

- I PvP and pve, and I’ll admit that there isn’t competition in pve as there is in PvP. Sure, maybe a glory booster, but free ranks are just a bad idea and devalues the PvP challenge.

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

I agree. I actually just got to 7500 AP last night and the loot from the chest was really underwhelming.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I like the idea of putting Black Lion Tickets in these chests. (not just scraps).
Anet, you have my approval! Make it happen.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I’d love to see a Chest of Skins added to the Achievement chests. It’d be nice to get some random skins to unlock in the Wardrobe.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Unfortunately, “Something COOL” needs to reward LW, seasonal events, dungeons, the new raids, and virtually every other aspect of playing the game, as well as be sold in the gem store. GW2 rewards skins in all of these, yet we’re told that armor skins are not easy to produce. Something has to give.

Unfortunately, MMO’s generally reward via power, skins, or both combined. It’s too bad no one has thought of a fourth option.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Unfortunately, “Something COOL” needs to reward LW, seasonal events, dungeons, the new raids, and virtually every other aspect of playing the game, as well as be sold in the gem store. GW2 rewards skins in all of these, yet we’re told that armor skins are not easy to produce. Something has to give.

Unfortunately, MMO’s generally reward via power, skins, or both combined. It’s too bad no one has thought of a fourth option.

How about new skills? They’ve kind of worked that into the events already, but I’m talking about things like the Antitoxin Spray. We haven’t really gotten new skills that relate to the Living Sword. Imagine if players could get, for example, the ability to purchase the Crystal Aspect Powers as Utility Skills? No cooldowns, no charges, etc… It’d be something fun to reward players with.

Of course what the game really could use would be Player/Guild Housing. Achievements, Events, Dungeons, etc… could then reward furnishings and such for these. I’m hoping when Lion’s Arch is fully rebuilt that there will be an instanced area for player/guild housing.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I still complain about them taking the pvp skins out. Why can’t we just get a few random skins?There are people who got really expensive skins this way. Wish I had been playing more back then QQ

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

The PvP skin box always felt like it was a huge part of the AP chests. I got quite a few skins that I am thankful for getting that way.

I did think they were going to do something with the AP chests with the wardrobe change. But nope :/ just some WvW schematics, badges, and then some other random stuff. It feels a lot less interesting to open when you are in the long pass between the bigger gold rewards or skin selections.

Got the 12.5k one at the beginning of halloween. I went to open the chest as I’d done my daily at the exact same time. Didn’t even realize I opened the chest till I checked a couple of days later since I knew I was close. Nothing really stood out to me that I had got to a AP milestone. As opposed to before where you’d open the chest get the PvP skin box and see all the skins that you got out of there. Heck, even if it was mostly ones you already had it at least felt like you got some loot.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I still complain about them taking the pvp skins out. Why can’t we just get a few random skins?There are people who got really expensive skins this way. Wish I had been playing more back then QQ

Thats because pvp had easy access to some of the expensive skins (such as the 2 dwayna bows). They now have to go the hard route, too.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I remember the threads where people were upset that there were PvP skins/armor in the Achievement chests. I wonder if those people are happy now that they have been removed….or are upset, yet again.

Orpheal.8263

Part 1:

@Serophous.9085

A Scrap, are you crazy?
Don’t you realize, how hard it is already just to complete one single of these sets and you just want to make it 10 times harder, than neccessary?

See, there is already a heavy time gating border that allows people tio get those items only for a limited time for a low price of 1 ticket/weapon.
After some time ANet raises the price to 5 Tickets.
Once such a set gets to that point, it would literally require, if you get 1 Ticket every 1k points (19k*5 = 95000 AP !!! 95 THOUSAND…)

And we don’t have even 1 single player after over 2 years, which has even reached 1 freaking 3rd of that, in fact we are still even far under one 3rd of that…. and that would be just the cost for 1 single set
You hopefully do realize, that there already exist like over a douzen of Black Lion Ticket Weapon Sets, do you??? As also the first set costs even whopping 7 Tickets per Weapon.

With my 9500 Points I was just saying out, what would be the most humanous and nice scenarion that we could get that we get a Ticket every 500 Points, whats the lowest AP Limit to get a Chest normally and if a Player would be able to buy all 16-19 weapons of a set in one go, while they still cost just 1 Ticket per Weapon to get them for the lowest Price/AP ratio thats basically possible.

Those weapons already have from begin on the very bad reputation of being gold credit card only-weapons, so don’t let us make it worser, than it already is and instead improve them, so that they in fact become somehow also earnable through other means, than grinding your butt off for thousands of gold or picking your real money over that to quicken the process of getting the skins that you want/ collections done.
—-

Putting Tickets into the AP Chest is for me one of the absolute best ways to raise the value of getting AP for AP Chests again to the point, which they had before it got devalued so much after the changes Anet did to the game with the Wardrobe and changing the Reward System around of it with the adding of the Wardrobe merging all PvP “Skins” together with PvE for the Account.
That way pllayers have a good reason to earn themself AP, because that way would the AP Chests helpful in earning a tid bit easier at least Black Lion Weapons, while they are still new and fresh and cost only 1 Ticket, or instead over the course of 2500/5000 AP once the price got raised at least 1 weapon of those sets, without having to grind out multiple hundreds of gold partwise for them.

Orpheal.8263

part 2:

Oonly because there is a Skin Unlocker-Item, doesn’t mean that it must unlock absolute every skin.
That you don’t unlock with such an item skins, like legendary weapons, holiday stuff and so on should be clear. Just skins, that you could get also as a loot drop from a Champ Bag, or from Crafting.
This way such an item wouldn’t be able to destrey the economy, but it would be able to revert the negative changes Anet did to the game economy with the Wardrobe and Collections, where alot of thigns got super pricey due to the Wardrobe, which such a Skin Unlocker Item could make unhappen again and bring those things again back to normal. if 1 unlocker every 1000 AP should be too much, Anet could still raise the required Ap higher to say every 1500, 2000, or 2500 Points whatever just fits well.

For why do you need ascended mats first, when you could get directly your item of choice instead? I think every 5000 to 10000 AP should be worth an ascended item of choice, considering that a player would require basically for a complete set of 2 weapons and 6 armor parts just 40000/80000 AP then for 1 single character, what would be surely used then in 99,99% of all cases just for the main character for pretty pretty sure, and again, we are still far away fronm having any single player havign this much AP anyway But that would be retroactively at least a nice little help. (and if not for the main, then at least for an Alt – GW2 is still after 2 years way too alt unfriendly!!)

About PvP Rank, you do realize, that Rank is farmable in GW2, or?
So your point isn’t really compelling, talking about any value of PvP Rank, when it is in fact farmable like Gold. SO where is the problem, if Players could get just some Rank Points every 500 to 1000? You can be rest assured, that an active PvP player will always gain alot faster everything in the game PvP wise, than a PvE, who collects achievements to unlock with his prefered playstyle everything, just like how PvPers can get Dungeon Stuff, without having to set a single foot anymore inside of PVE Dungeons!! or how PvEers get that way Badges of Honor, without having ever to kill a single player in WvW and how also PvPers get Badges, without having to be ever for once in WvW

So why again here these silly double standards??? PvPers getting everything with just only PvP is ok, but when PvE’rs want the same, its suddenly not ok anymore?
If thats your real opinion, then its my opinion, that ANet should have never added PvP Reward Tracks giving you a free ticket to PvE content that way basically!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I agree the chests are <yawn>. But for me they always have been since I don’t PvP. Anything that improves them is good in my opinion.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How about new skills? They’ve kind of worked that into the events already, but I’m talking about things like the Antitoxin Spray. We haven’t really gotten new skills that relate to the Living Sword. Imagine if players could get, for example, the ability to purchase the Crystal Aspect Powers as Utility Skills? No cooldowns, no charges, etc… It’d be something fun to reward players with.

Of course what the game really could use would be Player/Guild Housing. Achievements, Events, Dungeons, etc… could then reward furnishings and such for these. I’m hoping when Lion’s Arch is fully rebuilt that there will be an instanced area for player/guild housing.

These are all ideas that would appeal to one demographic or another. The big issue I see is the speed of peoples’ wants and the speed that ANet can produce rewards are not in sync — probably because there are so many different demographics to cater to.

ozmaniandevil.6805

i agree that an actual BL ticket would perfect!

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

These chests come from a time when the LS handed out AP’s like halloween candy, and the chests are balanced around that. At the time, you got the chests faster, so the rewards made sense. You also had the pvp skins from the chests.

Solution: revert to the older amounts of AP’s from coming living story chapters, and add in an item into the chests that unlocks 3 random skins in the wardrobe that are currently locked.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

These chests come from a time when the LS handed out AP’s like halloween candy, and the chests are balanced around that. At the time, you got the chests faster, so the rewards made sense. You also had the pvp skins from the chests.

Solution: revert to the older amounts of AP’s from coming living story chapters, and add in an item into the chests that unlocks 3 random skins in the wardrobe that are currently locked.

Does this include Legendaries, gem store skins, skins that require black lion tickets, skins that require level 500 ascended crafting, the Glorious armor PvP skins, the skins that require grinding tokens or a lucky drop from SAB, the Fractal skins, the ambrite weapon skins, the WvW hero weapons, the expensive Halloween skins such as the Chainsaw greatsword, or the rarer skins from champs?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sure, why not? Give them a pretty rare drop rate, …rare, but not impossible… something to look forward to.

Or, if that seems too much…then all but the most coveted, or valuable, or rarest of rare.

Anything but what we get now. Except for the biggest chests that give Gems, the Chests just aren’t that exciting to work toward, anymore.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would say it should not include most of those. Well, maybe a random black lion ticket skin as one possibility to make you feel like “whoa, that just saved me scrounging scraps or grinding gold!” Skins that show you’ve done specific content would not be on the AP loot table. Rarer champ skins, BL skins, sure, but not legendaries, ambrites, or even those super hard things like Infinite Light.

But then I’m hypocritical as I am very happy I got Stalwart Shoulders and Boots out of pre-Wardrobe AP chests when I don’t PvP. I used them in activities like Sanctum Sprint and now they are simply part of my clothing choices.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I really miss the PvP gear. It was the reason I even wanted these chests in the first place. I guess they could replace these with a pool of random skins that could drop? =( Or make some new ones just for those chests.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1 from here, and I’m very sure my GW friends (approx 200 ppl) would leave a supportative comment if they weren’t so lazy.

Yappp these chests are boring. Really boring. Not really profitable also…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I wouldn’t mind seeing random in-game armor and dungeon/old pvp armor skin unlocks back. I’m still missing the stalwart’s medium armor skins.

ozmaniandevil.6805

Can we have an ANet person come in and let us know if changing the AP chest rewards is something that they 1) will not consider changing; 2) may change with enough ideas/feedback from players; or 3) already know is an issue and are working on making the rewards feel more rewarding?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I would really like to get a chest of random skins. Not actual gear that’s salvagable. Just a bunch of skins like we had with the PvP chests. It can even exclude the dungeon gear. I wouldn’t even mind if it was mostly stuff I already have.

Orpheal.8263

it would already be freaking rewarding enough in my opinion, if just every chest would unlock one single skin of any kind of item (weapon, armor piece, back item) that we have not unlocked yet.
This alone would still be enough to make it exiting to get a new chest, because you know, the RNG could get you luckly and unlock for you something, for that you would have to pay otherwise like 300 to 1000 gold or so.

Reminder, just unlocking the skin, not giving you the usable item + skin in one go together.
because it is then still a difference, if someone just runs around with an transmuted exotic with the skin (which gets shown when you link the item), or of you link the real untransmuted item from your inventory.

There needs to me just a better visual difference between an inventor</equipment link and putting just a chat code link into the chat showing this way the item, like changign the item text color, so see a clear difference between simply using the chat code over using a linked code to show your equipped item to others so that this fooling around with chat codes also stops.

But naturally the most awesoem thign would be, if anet could turn the ap chests again to work exactly like before of the wardroe change, unlocking more than 1 skin by random, what would naturally quicken of lucky the process of getting new stuff without having to grind massive amoutns of gold, but you also mean, that through random you lose chances, due to the RNG trying to give you something, that you may have already unlocked so that it is one chance out of X that goes poof then and brigns you nothing new, but you could also get very lucky and end up after opening a chest with like 2-3 new unlocked skins that could save you from grinding a buttload of gold and could help you also in progressing the collections… but without that you have any chance to make profit from that by selling an item or so if you don#t want to unlock the skin and rather would sell it for the money what shouldnt be the sense behind skinm unlocks from AP chests.
They purpose should be solely in helpin the player progressing the unlocking of skins by random chance as thats what made them fun and exitign to open each item, just like opening a surprise egg in hope, to get something you want for your collection of figurines out if them … what could also let you end up with doubles and triples of the same figurine.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s definitely something to think about. I have 9953 AP, and finally there’s a chest worth talking about very soon.

Higher AP chests need to reward more since as you get beyond a certain point as it becomes increasingly harder to gain AP as you complete existing ones. Dailies and monthlies, and whatever festivals/LS comes along provide me the bulk of AP and eventually the first two will be capped.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Malediktus.9250

Well guess what they dont. 25k AP chest gives the same crap kitten AP chests.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I really like the idea of putting a Black Lion Ticket Scrap in each chest (every 500 AP).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Malediktus.9250

I really like the idea of putting a Black Lion Ticket Scrap in each chest (every 500 AP).

A scrap is worth like 5g, hardly worth it. It must be a ticket or its not worth the change

CMM.6712

Happy with a scrap, Quite happy with a complete ticket.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

A scrap is worth like 5g, hardly worth it. It must be a ticket or its not worth the change

A whole ticket would be way too much. A ticket every 5k would be fine, but that’s essentially a less flexible way of doing 1 ticket every 500.

A scrap is worth more like 10g anyway, which is a big deal compared to what you currently get.

Also, these rewards would also have to be retroactive, to avoid screwing over everyone who has already opened AP reward chests.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I will always support these AP Chest improvement threads when they come around. They flat suck rocks right now. I really miss the chance at weapons and armors (such as various Dungeon pieces, or the Stalwart armor, etc.)

Please don’t bother making it retroactive; missing a few from the past isn’t going to kill anyone. That would probably be a pain in the butt for you, and I want you to want to do this for us as soon as possible. So let’s just keep it simple and change the contents of future AP chests. (Perhaps do like at the end of a Personal Story quest – give us a CHOICE of items, so the PvEers and PvPers, and WvWers can select what fits their desires best).

It’s a Reward Chest. Make us feel like we’ve been REWARDED!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yeah I miss the ability to get some exclusive PvP skins that I otherwise would never have gotten (because I’ve never done sPvP since the moment I got GW2 – it’s just not my cup of tea and find it only for elite/pro people who truly know how to use their skills – and that would just cause me a lot of stress and frustration dying all the time).

I also think Anet needs to change the skin reward intervals. I don’t think anyone has the radiant/hellfire top OR legs, and that’s just stupid – why make content that no one can get for months (or years at this rate – I just recently reached 12k points after playing for 2 years, so you only have to figure out how long it’ll take for me to reach 36k achievement points – it’s another 4 years if you do the math). I think we should be able to choose which radiant/hellfire skin we get every 2k or 3k achievement points.

But yeah, I wish we got some of the old rewards back – like PvP skins.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Malediktus.9250

A whole ticket would be way too much. A ticket every 5k would be fine, but that’s essentially a less flexible way of doing 1 ticket every 500.

A scrap is worth more like 10g anyway, which is a big deal compared to what you currently get.

Also, these rewards would also have to be retroactive, to avoid screwing over everyone who has already opened AP reward chests.

Nope. 5g every 500 points is a joke. Id rather get nothing than more of these insulting rewards. And show me which 1 ticket weapon is worth 100g. Buy orders for 1 ticket weapons are usually 50-65g.

After 23000 AP even a whole ticket would feel insulting for the effort.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I’d rather get something new to DO, than something new to own. Perhaps in addition to the chest, it opens up a new area, mission, boss to fight, or something of that nature. Then you’d get new content, a chance at some good loots or something unique, maybe some things to do that are tough enough to give you a chance at more laurels or AP.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They do feel a bit lackluster, but I’m honestly OK with them staying as they are. The Zenith/Pinnacle weapon skins and the Radiant/Hellfire armor skins are meant to be the cosmetic reward for gaining large amounts of AP. We also gain gold, account-wide bonuses, Laurels and occasionally gems for reaching AP benchmarks. I’m not sure it would be wise to give the AP hunters even more rewards (even though I’m one myself. I’m almost at 20k AP).

Posted by: Fosio.8217

Fosio.8217

Yeah man, what is up with achievement chests after 5000 that give ridiculous rewards?
The 5k AP was a great milestone but after that, seeing what the others hold i kind of gave up on achievements. I still do them but i just don’t care anymore, there’s nothing to look forward to anyway.

Achievement chests sure need love. They could be a nice feature of the game to chase, if it was worth it.

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i think a scrap at every 500 step until 9500 then two scraps for every chest until 19500 and so on
this way itd be better than it is currently

AND you also have to see it from anets point of view..
bringing scraps (not full weapons) to the players
either results in mre playing to get more scraps to get the weapon.. or probably some more players buying black lion keys…

i think black lion scraps would work reallly well in that perspective

but i doubt anet will do anything like this (simply because out there are so many players that would deserve the getting the same rewards for doing all these points in the past that it would flood the market with black lion weapons
even if its just a scrap for the first 19 chests.. thats almost 2full weapons for every player with 9500 or more ap …waaaaayyy too many..

surely this is just taken from my suggestion…
but anything more than this.. surely would either be waaaaayyy too crazy
or (if not also given to veterans) will cause in a huge backlash

safest thing anet could do about this is probably to never talk about this… : (

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

They are boring. They’re all full of the stuff that I got with the previous chest and I’ll just put that stuff with the previous stuff in my storage. Slowly growing stacks of stuff I never use. I’m closing in on 25 boxes o’fun.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Losing those skin chests really killed the achievement chests as rewards.

I say implement some sort of token that allows you to unlock a few wardrobe skins of your choice, with a few obvious restrictions (legendaries, glorious armor, fractal weapons, stuff directly from the gem store, high-end mystic toilet recipes, etc).

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Better rewards? I’m all in! As long of course as ANet also retroactively rewards said better rewards… Granted I’m only at 12k, but judging from the leaderboards (https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievements) there’s a lot of people a lot higher than me and I’m sure none of them would be pleased to essentially be punished for having played the game.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

To bad they didn’t contain something that gave X (complete) tiers to your current pvp reward track. At least that would be something to replace the lack of pvp armor skins. Have the x500 AP chests give an item that completes a tier and the x000 AP chests give an item that completes 2 tiers.
I’d be content with getting something like that to replace the lost PvP skin boxes.
(Hopefully if they do add something like this it would be retroactive).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…