Achievement Point Rewards Too Low?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I really like the new achievement rewards but personally think the rate at which we receive points is WAY too low.
I look at my achievement window to try find what I can do to make a decent addition to my points total and just see +1 or +10 points at best? I do dailys/monthlys and I’m levelling 2 alts but the progress is so slow.
I’ve been playing since first beta and I’m currently sitting on 5575 points and everything seems so daunting to even bother starting to gather points by doing specific tasks. I have gone from hard core player to casual because I log in and the goals I have are either massive or minor.
I have a level 80 Warrior, Guardian, Thief, Elementalist, Ranger, Necromancer.
A level 43 Engineer and level 38 Mesmer.
I have 1 legendary which is The Juggernaut and I wont be making another one until precursors actually drop or can be obtained via quest line.
I jump on and maybe do my daily’s and gain a level or 2 on one of my lowbies then log out and for me personally its because Killing 1000 of something for 10 achievement points just isn’t fun. I have all crafts maxed out, done almost every jp, done almost every dungeon path.
I’m just at a point that the rewards for completing these things I haven’t quite finished just are not worth doing or at least not enough to motivate me anyway.
Any tips on good ways to get these points would be great or how other people feel about this topic?

Thanks all

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

In my case I don’t feel any incentive to work for these points. They literally just pile up when I’m “playing normally”. Besides, theres appear to have some sort of limit in terms of AP rewards (chests seem to stop coming after 25k-ish). A couple of more years of normal playing will max them out. Considering the work required to the chest content, I consider it as a bonus rather than a goal.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the point is for it to be gradual. It’s not supposed to be get 2 goal every week from achievements. It’s supposed to represent milestones.

And let’s not forget, there’s a living story every 2 weeks that usually gives plenty of opportunties for achievements.

The whole concept of achievement, even the word, is supposed to mean you achieve something. Most of the achievements are already relatively easy…and those longer term ones are necessary to give goals to people who actually want to play the game more.

Working as intended.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

They are intended as an extra for those who reach these levels of achievement points. The real goals are the achievements, not the extras.

Besides, over 90% of the GW2 community had less than 2500 points at the launch of this system (as was established on the leader boards). That means your 5500 points puts you quite in the top percentile of achievers. Of course you’re going to have a hard time pushing your points up fast.

Give yourself a realistic goal and aim for 500 points a month. That seems to be the semi-hardcore mean anyway. And if you don’t like a certain achievement, then don’t do it. These points are spread over the entire player base preferences and activities and will thus obviously not cater to all your personal needs.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They are fine.
With dedication you can get around 380 achievementpoints each month only by doing dailies and monthlies.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

In most instances, I believe the rate of return is fine. However, I do believe there’s an issue with certain achievement tracks, specifically the WvW ones, which offer a much lower reward for much, much more time and effort.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I’ve been playing since first beta and I’m currently sitting on 5575 points

It’s you. I’ve been playing for about 7/8 months and I’m close to 6.5k, and I’m not a big achievement hog and I’ve missed huge “achievement point fests” like the halloween one.

That said, Achievement point rewards are supposed to take a while to do. They’re fine as they are. They’re supposed to be landmarks, not dailies.

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I’ve been playing since first beta and I’m currently sitting on 5575 points

It’s you. I’ve been playing for about 7/8 months and I’m close to 6.5k, and I’m not a big achievement hog and I’ve missed huge “achievement point fests” like the halloween one.

That said, Achievement point rewards are supposed to take a while to do. They’re fine as they are. They’re supposed to be landmarks, not dailies.

Actually its not them. 3,500 points is the 90th percentile. You with your 6,500 points are in the top ten percent.

Still, I agree with your sentiment – achievement rewards are supposed to take a little longer than dailies. For many, longer than monthlies. That’s fine imo.

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

the reward rate is fine. it is intended to take a while. please do not fall victim to the “want it now” syndrome.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m going to agree with the others here and say thakittens fine/working as intended. Then again, I’m not sure how you can have so many level 80s, and 2 leveling alts and not have almost all of the slayer achieves done. I keep blasting through them with just my normal play (1 80, and 5 leveling alts).

I’m thankful that they actually give us something for the APs we wrack up. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any other MMOs [that I have played] that do that. They accumulate, but they do give you anything for it. I’m sure there are others out there that do give you stuff for APs, but truthfully they really don’t have to. This is sort of ‘outside the standard’ for most games, and its a nice addition.

I treat the list of achievements as a set of long term goals, something I can work on or toward just as I play normally. Honestly, if you’re only getting on to do dailies and maybe a little bit of work on your alt(s), maybe you need to take a short break to recharge. Its possible that you’re just feeling burnt out, and as such all of the achievements just seem too daunting, or too much work for too little gain. They aren’t really intended to be something where you pick one out and then go specifically do it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

When this whole Achievement reward system started 2 weeks ago, I was sitting at just over 5200pts. I’m now just over 5700. These were earned through actively pursuing those achievements that I was close to completing, as well as active participation of the dailies, the monthly, and Living story.
I in no way feel that I’m Grinding out achievements, but rather that I’m able to pursue a goal.
My gameplay for the last couple of months has been to hop from Boss event to boss event, in pursuit of rare items, when not taking an active part in various guild events / dungeon runs. This was beginning to wear on me.
While hunting for achievements, I’ve now started doing aspects of the game that I avoided before, because I had thought I wouldn’t enjoy it (i.e. JP’s, PvP, WvW, Map Completion). I now realize that I was only playing half the game, and I’m being rewarded for participating in these other activities.
So, I think the system is fine as it is. This is not a race, we’ll all get there eventually.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Every two weeks there will be a new set of achievements which will grant about 150-250 AP if you do the content (sorry I don’t have the numbers here). I see a big jump each time I complete a part of the living story.

Also, a chest every 500 AP is better than what we had before.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.