Achievement - The Cost of Victory

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Getting this achievement requires completing the “A Sad Duty” mission, or “Delivering Justice” or “Liberating Apatia”.

How are we supposed to get this now that these entire quest lines have been removed?

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

dont worry.
they ignore my questions as well

“No, I don’t.”

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Rejoice, now the victory comes at no cost at all. ;> No, seriously, bump this thread as often as possible:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/page/6#post4502993

It’s being completely ignored and it’d be great to get a real answer on this one. Even if it’s “we’re destroying the content even further to remove any inconsistencies”. All my characters are frozen in the personal story, I only sometimes do a mission from the LS S2 to complete a daily achi.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

getting this up to the surface again….cant get that achievement, please fix
(finished personal story up until zhaitan defeat with 3 characters and didnt get it)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can get it, if you have characters that were able to do that part of the story after they reverted the change. Your old characters that were past that point wouldn’t be able to do it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can get it, if you have characters that were able to do that part of the story after they reverted the change. Your old characters that were past that point wouldn’t be able to do it.

Can you clarify the bolded part?

I’m reading it as either:

• You have to have a character from before the update that hasn’t progressed past that point.
  • The older character must be on that story step to still retain access.

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

when did they revert the change? :o
/maybe get it with revenant then
thanks for the reply

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Can you clarify the bolded part?

I’m reading it as either:

• You have to have a character from before the update that hasn’t progressed past that point.
  • The older character must be on that story step to still retain access.

“What This Means for You
When the update goes live, it will restore the Personal Story steps in chapters 7 and 8 to their original order. This will affect a small number of users who currently have characters in certain states of story completion. You can check your current story completion status by accessing the Story Journal in your Hero Panel. By default, you can access this inside the game by pressing H and then clicking on the Story Journal tab and selecting My Story.

If your character has not completed “A Light in the Darkness,” (chapter 6) you should not encounter any issues. You will be able to experience the Personal Story in its restored order along with the minor improvements that begin with this story step.

If your character has not completed “Forging the Pact,” you should not encounter any issues. While you will not be able to replay previous story steps to see some of the minor improvements that were made, you will be able to play the “My Greatest Fear” story content (based on the choice you made at the end of “A Light in the Darkness”) and also experience the restored chapter 8 story steps.

If your character has completed Forging the Pact and skipped ahead to “The Battle of Fort Trinity,” then you will not be able to play the “My Greatest Fear” story steps with this character."

Raith: They reverted it back during the summer, I believe.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Check the sticky at the top of this page on Personal Story Restoration. It has all the details.