Achievement Tokens

Achievement Tokens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I love this idea

But I do have 2 questions

1. Will there be a difference in rewards between achievements and multi-tiered achievements?
2. How will you reward players who already have upwards of 3k achievement points? I know some folks who have nearly every jumping puzzle completed.

If you honestly don’t know yet how rewards will be distributed, just say that.

It’s a lot better than, “we’re working on it.” Lol
Thanks for the coming improvements!

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

As long as people aren’t penalized in some way for already having achievements finished, I am happy with the Token system. I would be very happy, actually.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

My only gripe is another dang token/coin/currency! With all the dungeon tokens, fractal relics, badges of honor, the bank tabs or backpack slots get filled up pretty quickly.

Of course, I guess this entices players to buy gems to expand bank/backpack slots… so I guess it could be viewed as a ‘win’ depending on your point of view..

(I shouldn’t have to create ‘alts’ for the sole purpose of being a pack mule for my main.)

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’m hoping they add them into the currency tracking at the bottom of the inventory screen. There’s room there!

But I think the reasons they do tokens vs currency is that tokens are easier to make account bound. So the tokens are probably account bound, and that’s good.

If they wind up being soulbound and still inventory items, that’s irritating.

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Seeing the price of 10 DYEs made me think that they wont be easy to acquire or to stock.

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Fiernze.1986

Fiernze.1986

And the fact that an obsidian shard (worth at minimum 4 fractal runs) is only seemingly a trifle as well. These will be some intensely valuable coins.

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

My only gripe is another dang token/coin/currency! With all the dungeon tokens, fractal relics, badges of honor, the bank tabs or backpack slots get filled up pretty quickly.

Agreed.

As for the current points, if they gave rewards for old points people would instantly have everything and the system would be pointless. The point is providing goals. You can’t make a goal when the race is over.

Achievement Tokens

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

And the fact that an obsidian shard (worth at minimum 4 fractal runs) is only seemingly a trifle as well. These will be some intensely valuable coins.

They have already stressed that the values on the chart are subject to change. This is not their final answer.

Also, with all of the newly added collectible slots that they gave us at Christmas I’m not about to kitten or come up with a gem-store conspiracy theory if they add a new token.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace