Achievement rewards rotation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Q:

Hello everyone! im join on wiki and see this rotation revard every 3000 achi for Radiant Set and Hellfire Set.

3000 Radiant Vambraces Skin, Hellfire Vambraces Skin
6000 Radiant Mantle Skin, Hellfire Mantle Skin
9000 Radiant Warhelm Skin, Hellfire Warhelm Skin

then again repeat
12000 Radiant Vambraces Skin, Hellfire Vambraces Skin
15000 Radiant Mantle Skin, Hellfire Mantle Skin
18000 Radiant Warhelm Skin, Hellfire Warhelm Skin

to 18000 achi no claims to the rotation, but what happened after …
on 21000 and 24000 achi ArenaNet added new skins

21000 Radiant Greaves Skin, Hellfire Greaves Skin
24000 Radiant Greaves Skin, Hellfire Greaves Skin

think then he add Leggings and Chest skin , its cool but it will look like this

27000 Radiant Leggings Skin, Hellfire Leggings Skin
30000 Radiant Leggings Skin, Hellfire Leggings Skin

then
33000 Radiant Chest Skin, Hellfire Chest Skin
36000 Radiant Chest Skin, Hellfire Chest Skin

its all cool but …. for that would collect a full set of achievements I need 36000 -_-

I propose to change the rotation to produce a set of armor in the achievements of the next

3000 Radiant Vambraces Skin, Hellfire Vambraces Skin
6000 Radiant Mantle Skin, Hellfire Mantle Skin
9000 Radiant Warhelm Skin, Hellfire Warhelm Skin
12000 Radiant Greaves Skin, Hellfire Greaves Skin
15000 Radiant Leggings Skin, Hellfire Leggings Skin
18000 Radiant Chest Skin, Hellfire Chest Skin

only after this repeat
21000 Radiant Vambraces Skin, Hellfire Vambraces Skin
24000 Radiant Mantle Skin, Hellfire Mantle Skin
27000 Radiant Warhelm Skin, Hellfire Warhelm Skin
30000 Radiant Greaves Skin, Hellfire Greaves Skin
33000 Radiant Leggings Skin, Hellfire Leggings Skin
36000 Radiant Chest Skin, Hellfire Chest Skin

I do not have a lot of achievements in the game for 2 years, I do not play as often as we would like. At the top players at the moment 24900+ o.O , I got 10,000 today but I was saddened by the fact that in order to collect the one of the sets, I need more than three times.
new rotation will allow new players to collect one of the sets already reaching 18,000, after which they can continue to collect a second set of armor.

I hope that most people would like to have a fully assembled one of the armor sets without 30000+ achievements under his belt. the game is still 2 years old, but many do not have 10,000 achievements.

Hope ArenaNet see this thread
Thanks for reading.

(edited by Yutaka Matsushige.1987)

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

I think they should put a box with the full armor set at 10 or 15k AP…

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

you can visit the wiki,
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards
and see that there are no boxes with full set. every 3000 Achievements you are given a choice of one of two sets of armor.

Zelanard.5806

you can visit the wiki,
and see that there are no boxes with full set. every 3000 Achievements you are given a choice of one of two sets of armor.

Notice that I did not say there are any boxes… I said there should be one.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m mostly okay with the way achievement rewards are set out, even though I’m not very likely to ever reach the higher reaches. Some players like achievement hunting, and I like the way the rewards are set up to fill out your collection as you go along, while getting you your first picks earlier.

I don’t like the way you have to earn near-complete sets of Radiant and Hellfire armor (gloves, shoulders, helms,) before you start earning boots.

That means that if I want a full set of the available Radiant (or Hellfire) skins, I have to earn 21,000 AP, rather than 12,000 AP, earning a bunch of Hellfire (or Radiant) skins and a bunch of late-pick Zenith skins along the way.

(12,000 AP is when you unlock your second-choice glove skin.)

12,000 AP is an objectively huge accomplishment. I can say that, because after two years, I only have 7,271 AP, and I’m in the top 90% of players in North America. I’m not nearly high enough to appear on the leaderboards, but that suggests that fewer than 10% of players have unlocked their first helm, which is 9,000 AP.

There are ~270 players in North America who have their first pair of boots. What percentage of players will start unlocking the set they don’t want before completing the set they do?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

you can visit the wiki,

armor value in increasing order as follows: Gloves > Shoulders > Helm > Boots > Leggings > Coat
by 3000 points for each type of armor. Earlier than 18,000 you will not get a full set of armor and especially not by 10-15k point.

the bottom line is that at the moment, for that would get at least one full set of armor, you must obtain 33000 achievements. it is at the rotation that now.
I propose a rotation, when already at 18,000 achievement points you can collect one of the two sets of armor.

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

What percentage of players will start unlocking the set they don’t want before completing the set they do?

Yes, the negative side in my rotation is that the player will have to choose between two sets of armor and collect some one. but at the moment that would collect at least four pieces of one set, it is necessary to collect 21,000 points. And this is not a complete set. I also suggested to have 18,000 points have a complete set. and quietly begin to collect the second. I just do not see the point in not full set.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

As someone with 24,383 AP I like it the way it is. Gives me something to look forward to and gives the armor sets more prestige.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

what makes u think these are sets?

Redenaz.8631

I think what I dislike about the boots is that they go firmly against the way the rest of the achievement rewards are set up, wherein you get to pick your favorites, then a complete collection is your reward for continuing to accumulate points, along with titles. (And other minor rewards.)

If you want to show off your achievements with armor, there are visible notches at 3k, 6k, 9k, and 21k. Meanwhile, titles show off your progress at 5k, 10k, 15k, and 20k, and 25k. Titles clearly do a better job of showing AP accumulation, while armor has this massive gap where no one can tell whether you’re wearing your 3k gloves or your 12k gloves.

Zelanard.5806

you can visit the wiki,

armor value in increasing order as follows: Gloves > Shoulders > Helm > Boots > Leggings > Coat
by 3000 points for each type of armor. Earlier than 18,000 you will not get a full set of armor and especially not by 10-15k point.

the bottom line is that at the moment, for that would get at least one full set of armor, you must obtain 33000 achievements. it is at the rotation that now.
I propose a rotation, when already at 18,000 achievement points you can collect one of the two sets of armor.

Yes, that is what you propose…
I did not say anything about what you propose. I told you what I think about it. and I think 10 – 15K of AP Should be WAY more than enough for a full set of armor.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

People, stop thinking all rewards should be for everyone.
Anet wanted to make the set super uber rare, to have its first owner after 4, 5 or even 6 years of after launch (AP gain drops over time + LS2 has less AP then LS1 etc.).

Redenaz.8631

It’s not asking all rewards to be for everyone. 12,000 AP is still substantially more than 90% of players have accumulated two years after release, even after the more generous rewards of Living Story Season 1.

It’s asking that people be able to complete their Radiant/Hellfire set before they start collecting the one that was their second choice. 12,000 AP is rather rare when you look at the whole player base, not just the elite, and the boots are the only “super uber rare” equipment on the AP rewards chart. It appears to be less of a conscious decision to make them rare than an awkward result of tacking them onto the end of the AP chart, instead of planning ahead for them.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Many MMOs of this format prooven that they can last 10 or more years.

Look at what Malediktus.9250 said.
I totally see him super impatient of getting the leggings skin as one of the first 5 – 30 players in the world later next year (deppending on how many of the high-AP players will quit or come back). Well deserved.

BTW I looked at the wiki page a while ago. My reaction?
“Awww Im never gonna get the full set. Pity”. Then I moved on.

(edited by Harny.6012)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m pretty sure they have done it this way, because they don’t want to make legs and chest for those sets. This puts it so far away they do not have to worry about it for quite a time. Especially now, after they capped daily/monthly APs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Well, that they added Chest and Legs
http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/gw2-radiant-and-hellfire-chests-and-legs/

More 6 years to play, maybe I will gather (

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I agree with Yutaka’s suggestion. Why should I get pieces of armor I don’t want (radiant set) just because Anet was to lazy to make the full set at the beginning and took their sweet time finishing it (over a year). I don’t want to take ages to get the hellfire set just because they couldn’t be bothered making a full set immediatly.
It’s clear that this whole “first get one then the other so you can take a long time to get a full set” wasn’t intended, look at how many times they’ve released a headgear, shoulder and gloves combo instead of a full set.
If they change it to what Yutaka suggested I’d actually do some AP hunting just to speed up my chance to walk around in a full Hellfire set. Do I think this going to happen? Nope! Unless there’s going to be about 500 posts complaining about how they should do the right thing it’s not going to happen.

Astralporing.1957

Well, that they added Chest and Legs
http://dulfy.net/2014/09/09/gw2-radiant-and-hellfire-chests-and-legs/

More 6 years to play, maybe I will gather (

…yeah, i have noticed that. and unlike previous 4 pieces, those (at least for hellfire) are actually good.

Too bad they will require what, 33/36k AP for a full set?

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

AP awards for that set are currently where they should be. It’s an exclusive set and making it easier would remove that.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

AP awards for that set are currently where they should be.

I disagree. I don’t think it’s right that we should take so long getting a full set just because Anet was slacking of making the full set.

It’s an exclusive set and making it easier would remove that.

I don’t see how making it “easier” or how I would like to say it “how it should be” would make it non-exclusive.

Astralporing.1957

AP awards for that set are currently where they should be. It’s an exclusive set and making it easier would remove that.

If by “exclusive” you mean “there’s no chance that anyone will have a full set in the next few years”, then i’d rather see them be less exclusive. Even if it would make them accessible to as much as a whole 1% of the active player population.

Actions, not words.

Redenaz.8631

As I said above: It seems to me that the titles are intended as the super exclusive rewards, while the weapons and armor pieces are less exclusive, since your reward for a high score is to be able to choose all of the options, rather than just your first pick. It’s open to interpretation, but I would say that’s the obvious intention when you look at the original reward chart.

Tacking on boots, and now pants/shirts at the higher ranks doesn’t feel organic to what the original reward chart was doing. It’s possible they made a specific decision to do it this way, but it feels more like the easy alternative to reworking the chart to integrate the new pieces.

(Which, I’ll grant, is more difficult than it sounds.)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Noone cares about the titles you get from AP. God walking amongst mere mortals is still the best one after 2 years of GW2. And almost everyone with high AP has it because you get 500 AP from playing GW1. Its all about the exclusive skins you get from the achievement points.

I am 333 AP away from earning the title Illustious Achiever. I doubt I will ever use that one since it doesnt sound any good at all.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I support the OP’s suggestion. I would prefer being able to fully complete one set before starting on the second too.