Action Camera Improvements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

First of all – I love the action camera! Thanks a lot for it.

One thing that annoys me a little bit and I feel could be improved is the skill 1 functionality when using action cam. I know you’re supposed to hold down LMB to continually fire.. but really that’s just exchanging holding down one mouse button near constantly for holding another one near constantly!

I have to ask, why does the skill not continue firing while in this camera mode? It keeps on firing in normal mode and you only have to press the button once.. Also, I actually have skill 1 binded to spacebar, and I really prefer to use that since it’s engrained from 3 years of play now – but even trying to hold that down instead of left mouse button it doesn’t work either – so you’re basically forced to either hold LMB or hammer the skill 1 button. Both of these things would be nice to have, preferrably just – Click skill 1 once, it’ll continue to fire at your target as long as you’re facing them.

Thanks! Loving the expansion too so far too. GJ!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I think it’s because most of the time you’re not just spamming autoattack non-stop, I’m really glad it stops when I stop holding, I interrupt my main abilites much less often.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: echoeagle.5439

echoeagle.5439

There are ways to make it auto attack while in action camera. What I do is you start the fight with another skill. There are skills that, after completion, launch directly into auto attacks. Now as longs as you are looking at that enemy you will auto attack

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

The action combat in GW2 is way far from what Action combat should be

First of all in action combat the camera is stuck to the mouse cursor and both are stuck in the middle of the screen. In this way moving the mouse moves the camera too in the direction to you are facing – up, down, left, right.
There are no “snap to target” features because that is not action but a hybrid way of point and click. This system was previously used in early Grand Theft Auto games because the gameplay was a bit clumsy and players could not very easily free target the weapons.
Nowadays this system is outdated and almost never used in games.

When is first heard of this Action combat being introduced to GW2 I was really excited about it because I thought they will implement a true action combat like in TERA, Dragon Nest or Warframe. yes, I know, Warframe is a 3rd person shooter but each warframe has 4 skills which are AoE or Directional, so it can be taken in consideration too when we talk about action combat with skills
In all these games the mouse is stuck with the camera in the middle of the screen cross-hair.

I am really disappointed with how A-net implemented this feature in the game, considering the fact that at the launch of this game many people were banned for using a 3rd party mod which was really making action combat come into GW2

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

It seems A-net has introduced the real action combat mode in GW2 With the recent update. Now it works very very similar to Dragon nest or Warframe.
You need to do some ticks in the options for example Lock ground target at maximum range so you don’t need to be very careful for not aiming to far.
It is nice you can assign a key to change the camera modes into mouse or action.
Thank you very much for adding it to the game so fast.

But…. there is still a little problem that needs to be fixed.

Toggling the mouse combat to action combat also keeps the options you selected even tho they are two different modes.

For example in mouse mode I prefer to use normal while in action mode I prefer to use instant with lock ground target at maximum.
If I go back to mouse mode it keeps the instant and locked ground targeting

My suggestion is to make the options separate for the two combat modes:
A set of options for mouse combat mode and one for action combat mode

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

First of all – I love the action camera! Thanks a lot for it.

One thing that annoys me a little bit and I feel could be improved is the skill 1 functionality when using action cam. I know you’re supposed to hold down LMB to continually fire.. but really that’s just exchanging holding down one mouse button near constantly for holding another one near constantly!

I have to ask, why does the skill not continue firing while in this camera mode? It keeps on firing in normal mode and you only have to press the button once.. Also, I actually have skill 1 binded to spacebar, and I really prefer to use that since it’s engrained from 3 years of play now – but even trying to hold that down instead of left mouse button it doesn’t work either – so you’re basically forced to either hold LMB or hammer the skill 1 button. Both of these things would be nice to have, preferrably just – Click skill 1 once, it’ll continue to fire at your target as long as you’re facing them.

Thanks! Loving the expansion too so far too. GJ!

I turned on “action camera” to see what it did…

I lost my cursor completely.

So now that I’ve unbound the key for action camera and my cursor still hasn’t returned, how do I get it back?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

There are both pros and cons for the current left mouse button so while I would want it to keep autoattacking, I’d also want it to not autoattack when I don’t press left button!

I also had an QoL improvement suggestion for the action camera: When toggling the action camera off, please make the cursor appear in middle of the screen instead of where it was before!

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!