Activities - Infinite AP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Do the new repeatable achievements under the new activities (crab toss, Southsun survival, sanctum sprint, etc) reward infinite amount of AP or is it capped like Agent of Entropy or Hobby Dungeon Explorer?

It should be capped right? it just sounds too silly to not be capped…

Minigames imo shouldn’t really reward much AP if at all…look at kegbrawl, no one really played it, everyone (who cared about AP) just farmed or grinded through it…not really fun at all. Heck I couldn’t even find an instance where a real game was taking place…

GW2 is a great game as it is, all the recent Minigame frenzy is really getting annoying. They can be fun for about 2 hours, that’s about it…general PvE and PvP is still way more evolved and complete of a game than any of the minigames…I don’t want to have to stop playing GW2 – the real game, and play minigames, to keep up with Achievement Points.

(edited by Orpheus.7284)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I remember looking at the Sanctum Sprint frequent sprinter achievement and it did say it was repeatable up to 3 times, so presumably the others are capped too.

Orpheus.7284

Can I get an official answer on this?

Because if the repeatable (play x games) achievement rewards infinite AP, i will leave my computer logged in GW2 when I’m at work and at overnight and autorun, or keyboard macro to farm achievement points without being booted by the timer.

Leaderboards or AP rewards will be pretty laughable matter at this point.

It’s just stupid for this to not have a cap when there is a cap on Hobby dungeon Explorer…because with Hobby Dungeon Explorer at least you are playing the main game, whereas these are just minigames…

@Zaxares I don’t see anything on my achievement menu that says there’s a limit of how many times it can be repeated. In my case I’ve done 40+ games of southsun survival (was farming for the 2500 points achievement from previous living story content and I guess those games carried over) and I think i’m at an accumulated 40 points for that achievement. I hope it caps at 50 or something…these minigames are really grindy chores for most people.

(edited by Orpheus.7284)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I thought the new repeatable achievements in the activities section said 0 AP, which means it doesn’t give any, just the loot bag/box thing, correct? (Only hovered over the SS Survival one quickly last night)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Orpheus.7284

I thought the new repeatable achievements in the activities section said 0 AP, which means it doesn’t give any, just the loot bag/box thing, correct? (Only hovered over the SS Survival one quickly last night)

Mine says 5. and my SS was repeated 8 times, so it added up to 40 and shown at the accumulated portion of my AP menu.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Mine says 5. and my SS was repeated 8 times, so it added up to 40 and shown at the accumulated portion of my AP menu.

Huh, guess I’ll have to give it a look later when I can get on. May have to grind them for a bit everyday to get those additional APs.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Orpheus.7284

As wiki is being updated, more information is revealed on this topic.

According to wiki Southsun Survival repeatable achievement is capped at 50.
Southsun Sprint and Crabtoss is still unknown atm.

Thanks goes out to whoever is updating the wiki page.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

For Southsun Survival, only the first completion gave me achievement points (did it 3 times).

Because if the repeatable (play x games) achievement rewards infinite AP, i will leave my computer logged in GW2 when I’m at work and at overnight and autorun, or keyboard macro to farm achievement points without being booted by the timer.

If you just run into a wall, the AFK timer kicks in. If you have a low score, the game doesn’t count for you (no reward, no achievement progression). Also, that would be classified as botting.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Orpheus.7284

For Southsun Survival, only the first completion gave me achievement points (did it 3 times).

If you just run into a wall, the AFK timer kicks in. If you have a low score, the game doesn’t count for you (no reward, no achievement progression). Also, that would be classified as botting.

We’re either talking about different things or you’re missing something. I have 40 AP from Southsun Survival which now I am aware will be capped at 50.

And no, it won’t be considered as botting. There are plenty of in depth threads talking about botting etc etc. Autorun is not botting.

I was just being sarcastic anyway about how stupid it would be if the most efficient AP farm comes from minigames LOL

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

accomplishing something while you are away from keyboard is grounds for a ban. I believe it was said by Gaile, not word for word here. But anything acquired, gained or accomplished while your away from your pc. Has the potential to be banned. I have an email somewhere. I asked about using a mouse clicker to finish thirsty, Her response was, something along the line I said.
I even asked this about setting a skill for auto to kill respawns of ambient for certain weps. She said, in the event someone does do that, she can not guarantee they will not be banned.
Like I said, not word for word from her but pretty much, made me not even consider any kind of auto action for fear of being banned.