Activities with Party

Activities with Party

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: supernomnom.6594

supernomnom.6594

apologize in advance, search function not giving me anything and most likely been asked before…
so move thread to appropriate forums if need be.

but why can’t we join Activities as a party (with friends) yet? (dragon ball, keg brawl, crab toss, sanctum sprint, etc.)

even better if we could “hot join” to play as 2 made-parties against each other..

would appreciate if someone could link me to previous such discussions as I’m sure this has been asked before, I just can’t find those threads..

thankies.

Activities with Party

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve wondered this for years.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Activities with Party

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

even better if we could “hot join” to play as 2 made-parties against each other..

Well, I’m not entirely certain, but this would actually allow people to manipulate the outcome of the fight, no? (achievement grinders, …)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Activities with Party

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well, I’m not entirely certain, but this would actually allow people to manipulate the outcome of the fight, no? (achievement grinders, …)

They already do it anyway

Activities with Party

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They said they had to change the code to stabilize it and this disallows joining as a group.

Gaile Gray Source
ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead
“I just heard from the team about this, and it is an unfortunate but intended change. The alteration came about because code changes were required in order to stabilize PvP and some Instance Activities. According to one of our lead designers, the change cannot be revisited for this year’s release. Thanks for your understanding concerning this necessary adjustment.”

Activities with Party

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think it’s mostly to prevent manipulation. I don’t want to be placed in a round of Crab Toss where a group of friends have agreed to let one person win while everyone else protects them, for instance.

It can be frustrating, though, especially for less competitive activities like the Halloween and Winter jumping puzzles.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Activities with Party

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I think it’s mostly to prevent manipulation. I don’t want to be placed in a round of Crab Toss where a group of friends have agreed to let one person win while everyone else protects them, for instance.

It can be frustrating, though, especially for less competitive activities like the Halloween and Winter jumping puzzles.

But that already happens and it causes trouble as some players want to farm achievements while the others want to play normally

Activities with Party

Draknar.5748

This is precisely why they have done it this way.

An easy solution would be for “pre-made” groups to not be eligible to get credit towards achievements. You basically choose an “unrated” activity game. No achievement credit, but you can join as a team.

For example I’ve always liked the idea of having a Sanctum Sprint competition as a guild event. Where the whole game is made up of guildies and we give out rewards to the winners. This would be so much fun, and if they made it so you didn’t get achievements, then whatever, it wouldn’t bother me.

Activities with Party

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I honestly don’t see how the achievements thing is even a concern. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that many achievements in the game can be done by grinding in a “cheat” way. Heck, look at the top entries in the PvP hotjoin games to see that.

The only thing that would be an issue would be if there were titles, but activities generally don’t give them. At least, not prestigious ones. If it was something like Liadri with a title and mini, then maybe there’d be reason to keep the restriction. But who genuinely begrudges people the AP from Sanctum Sprint enough to want the activities “integrity” protected by preventing people from enjoying it together?

Activities with Party

Draknar.5748

I honestly don’t see how the achievements thing is even a concern. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that many achievements in the game can be done by grinding in a “cheat” way. Heck, look at the top entries in the PvP hotjoin games to see that.

The only thing that would be an issue would be if there were titles, but activities generally don’t give them. At least, not prestigious ones. If it was something like Liadri with a title and mini, then maybe there’d be reason to keep the restriction. But who genuinely begrudges people the AP from Sanctum Sprint enough to want the activities “integrity” protected by preventing people from enjoying it together?

Kegmaster is a highly sought after title. I only know one person who has it, and he got it from farming it back when you could start it whenever in Hoelbrak. Him and a buddy went in for weeks farming the achievements.

If someone wanted Kegmaster nowadays it would take years.

I’m like you. The way I see it, AP hunters are not the majority. In fact, very few people have the patience to do Keg Brawl over and over and over and over with a pre-made group just for a title. I’m sure there are people that would farm it. But really, that amount of people is so minuscule that it shouldn’t even have been in consideration.

Activities with Party

Posted by: supernomnom.6594

supernomnom.6594

but we can party queue in PvP.. so why not Activities? .-.