Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

So, I’m just gonna bump this so the OP isn’t lost in the void of QQ~

Kegmaster

Activities you don't know about

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I usually don’t like minigames, I’m more into RPG things.

Therefore I want minipet battles.
Leveling minipet, give him skills, traits, gear, etc.
And you duel with other people, mini vs mini.

I loved the pokemon RPG game I played some years ago… well at this point it’s 13 years ago :/

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

I hope they still add this stuff. I’ve never keg brawled, but I don’t really like PVP. Mini pets I would do though. The musical thing too.

ET and proud to be!

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I love this sort of thing, helps to keep me from getting bored with the game (and I am not a hardcore player). They’re generally really entertaining and relaxing. I really hope they put at least some of them in.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

I hope they still add this stuff. I’ve never keg brawled, but I don’t really like PVP. Mini pets I would do though. The musical thing too.

Dude…try it sometime. I thought I would hate it, but once you learn what the skills do and work together with your team, it gets very fun and intense.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

I hope they will implement more of the mini games they’ve talked about. Including the exclusive cosmetic rewards

I was kind of dissappointed I couldn’t try them in Beta, only to find out they weren’t there at launch either.

But we got keg brawl, and bar brawl coming soon probably. So we’re slowly getting there

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I want moar minigames:(

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Serelisk.6573

Me too

Kegmaster

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Me too

Me too

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

i must try the moa race!!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Yep, knew about it and loved the idea.
However, if they end up like keg brawl, which is basically a badly explained PvP mode in something like an extra instance…then I’m not sure I want them that badly after all :/

Polka will never die

Serelisk.6573

Meh, I don’t know if Super Adventure Box counts as an activity. I guess it’s more just a mini dungeon, but uhh, it’s in a capital city.

At least they made a bit of content that focuses on fun and enjoyment as it’s primary draw, with skins being a neat perk to work for if you desire. That’s the essence of Guild Wars in my opinion, and it’s saddening that a small team of 10 or so out of ~250 appear to be the only people working in that mindset.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Moa racing should be like FFVII’s Chocobo racing, take part or place bets, would be cool.

Serelisk.6573

I wonder what kind of combat related mini games they could add in GW2 that take place outside of the capital cities like the challenge missions in GW1. Surely they’ll look something like the GW2 Guild challenges do now, but it would be awesome if they were scored and players/teams ranked on a leader board of some sort. It would do well to bring people into certain parts of the world. ESPECIALLY if these have unique skins and other shinies attached to them.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There’s actually a heart task in Diessa Plateau that’s a whack-a-mole mini game, and you can keep playing even after you fill the heart. There’s also a sniper mini-game out in Iron Marches. In fact there are quite a few mini games spread throughout the world, they just don’t give any prizes and aren’t ‘officially’ labeled mini-games.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I always figured there had to be more to that lady in Divinity’s Reach asking for bouncers for the Flagon…

Serelisk.6573

There’s actually a heart task in Diessa Plateau that’s a whack-a-mole mini game, and you can keep playing even after you fill the heart. There’s also a sniper mini-game out in Iron Marches. In fact there are quite a few mini games spread throughout the world, they just don’t give any prizes and aren’t ‘officially’ labeled mini-games.

While those are awesome, they’re not classified as the activities that were supposed to be in at launch. But thanks for telling me about these.

The mini games from the lost-29 are to take place specifically in the capital cities. About 5 for each. 6 capital cities. 5×6

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

I always figured there had to be more to that lady in Divinity’s Reach asking for bouncers for the Flagon…

Yup! I can’t wait, honestly x.x

Kegmaster

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I want to be a bouncer! On an asura… elementalist. With a stick!

Serelisk.6573

I want to be a bouncer! On an asura… elementalist. With a stick!

Oh man, Asura Guardian bouncer… so win.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

I would absolutely love to see more of these mini games implemented. I tried keg brawl once but it just wasn’t my thing, more options would be great. Especially the mini pet arena. That sounds like loads of fun.

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

Serelisk.6573

I would absolutely love to see more of these mini games implemented. I tried keg brawl once but it just wasn’t my thing, more options would be great. Especially the mini pet arena. That sounds like loads of fun.

Hehe, this is exactly why they need to get going on this! It allows a ton of different types of ways to change up the pace, gives you more options to enjoy yourself, plus, if they start adding aesthetic rewards, there’ll be a ton of awesome unique looking characters!

Kegmaster

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

There’s an arena in the black citadel where charr go to blow some steam by whacking each other senseless, would be an interesting location for some mini game, or maybe even for dueling in the future.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Serelisk.6573

There’s an arena in the black citadel where charr go to blow some steam by whacking each other senseless, would be an interesting location for some mini game, or maybe even for dueling in the future.

It would actually be awesome if that was a non-instanced way to set up duels. Or even, as someone before suggested, just have a free for all brawl.

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

I’m thinking about trying to set up an actual game of Costume brawl… like, have actual team set ups and game types. Like, Pigs vs Candy Corn knockout eliminating or something, lol

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

Updated OP with Crab Toss.

Source

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

Apparently it’s only temporary, so I’m taking it off the list. :/

Kegmaster

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I like mini-games. =) They are a nice change of pace, which is partly I like holidays so much….more mini games!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Serelisk.6573

I like mini-games. =) They are a nice change of pace, which is partly I like holidays so much….more mini games!

Agreed.

On a more recent note, I don’t really like Crab Toss all that much x.x Meh, it’s alright, but not nearly as amazing as Keg Brawl.

Kegmaster

Posted by: MistaMike.7356

MistaMike.7356

Why haven’t they added these yet? This should be a high priority. And add leaderboards for each minigame, so you have competitive communities spring up around each one.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Having a bunch of mini games in the cities that encourage social interaction and just having senseless fun sounds like something that would be awesome. Unique rewards/titles/leaderboards would just be icing on the cake.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Jousting mini game.

Attachments:

Serelisk.6573

Jousting mini game.

Dear lord, thank you. I need to go find this. Will upload in a sec.

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

I, for the life of me, can’t find anything in the Grove. This seems to be just an entirely underdeveloped city. There’s areas that people have gotten to that are named and in proximity, like the docks in Rata Sum, but aren’t actually part of the city yet. Anyone have any guesses ><?

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

Updated Moa Racing in OP

Kegmaster

Serelisk.6573

Just to point out, the likelihood of ANY of these games making it in at all is very very low since ArenaNet has shown their unwillingness to develop or support a healthy mini game scene.

They even took Bar Brawl off the achievement list. Tis a sad story indeed.

Kegmaster