Add Ons like DBM?

Add Ons like DBM?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I was wondering if there are any add Ons available for this game that perform the same function as WoWs Deadly Boss mobs. I find as a Guardian I’m always winging it when it comes to setting up blocks, basically applying a block when ever I see the little shield up in my active buff window disappear, I also find my self clueless as to when to drop projectile blocks, my blind I usually just throw up when’s it off cd; probably the only thing I can actively follow is cleanses since I can see when conditions are active on my character so with troopers runes any shout makes them disappear.

If there isn’t any then could ANet add this functionality into their features since most new players will come here with a WoW background?

Add Ons like DBM?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

No.

Just look at the enemies animations.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Add Ons like DBM?

Oldirtbeard.9834

Are there tutorial videos that show what basic animations mean for which type of action?

Add Ons like DBM?

emikochan.8504

Are there tutorial videos that show what basic animations mean for which type of action?

Not really, just rely on your experience. (basically: GetGood)

Add Ons like DBM?

Oldirtbeard.9834

This kind if clashes with what ANet was trying to do with the NPE, I guess I’ll just have to keep winging it; thankfully I prefer open world over 5mans.

Add Ons like DBM?

emikochan.8504

This kind if clashes with what ANet was trying to do with the NPE, I guess I’ll just have to keep winging it; thankfully I prefer open world over 5mans.

The harder content that you need to time things for is not for new players, and not a part of the NPE.

Just watch the mobs carefully, do some spvp too, that will help.

Add Ons like DBM?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

See an enemy pulling back with a club or hammer? Block/dodge/interrupt. See a mob aiming a ranged weapon down it’s sights, or an energy weapon charging, or a projectile flying toward you? Block/dodge/interrupt. See the floor light up with a red/orange glow? Block/dodge.

I never played WoW, so I’m a little unclear what you’re asking for, but I kinda like that I learn to avoid most enemy attacks through experience, by watching them and learning from them or similar enemies. You get the hang of it eventually.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Add Ons like DBM?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That sounds like the game will start playing itself? What need is there for the player?

Add Ons like DBM?

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Generally over time you get the experience to know when to avoid what, and when to dodge etc. Problem is, all to often there are so many particle effects, lighting, and player models in the way that it becomes almost/if not completely impossible to see anything.

In dungeons its generally a little easier as bosses are large, have obvious tells with long activations, and their heavy attacks can be easily avoided. And its always the same scripted actions, its not like fighting human players where its unpredicatable.

But I would also like some way to make it easier to see through the graphical effects, as I stated in some cases its just impossible to see anything.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<