Add Ons would greatly improve the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

IMO after years playing,

Add Ons would greatly improve GW2.

Some people are against Add Ons, but they really don’t cause harm, the community does that on its own, with or without add Ons.

The reason I want add Ons, because it adds new features to the UI and adds a QOL element to certain actions in the game.

For example:

1) There is no Build Save feature for saving experimental builds and switching between them easier. Well an add on can do just that. This is a basic feature that even GW1 had.

2)I like sorting my bags so that I have space at the top rather than at the bottom of the bag. How about an add on that changes the sort button to do just this?

3) right now I use out of game timers for bosses. Well what if there was an add on that had the timers in the game so I don’t have to leave the screen to get the info and link the waypoints.

4) WvW is a stratagy, and sometimes tacticians need to take notes. Well what if there was an add on that allow players to draw notes on the map and draw messages to self on the map so they can reference for later period. Maybe you can draw out locations to place sieges, or locations of enemy sieges.

5) some classes don’t use weapon swap, so It would be QOL addition from an add on to make it so I can lock in different keybind options for different classes without the need to go into options.

6) my mouse pointer tends to get lost when playing in a lot of clutter (which I like clutter gameplay actually) but an add on that makes pointer bigger and different colors would be nice for that kind of gameplay.

I am sure there are many more ideas out there. But they could really improve the game.
What’s your thoughts on this?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Not terrible.
But some of the things can be done with overlays such as Overwolf. Boss timers, WvW stats, I think a note pad as well (not sure though)

As far as weapon swaps on classes that don’t have it. I think it would be far easier to just include a weapon swap for all professions instead of creating a macro to swap weapons.

Either way, if anything these would come out as features and implemented as part of the game, rather than an external add-on. With add-ons and overlays, you run the risk of using up far more CPU power than you would if they were features within the game itself.

However, with Overwolf, you can certainly develop things things yourself and incorporate them into Overwolf (with the exception of macros), which ultimately might be a better way to go.

Edit: Overwolf does have a notepad app.
http://www.overwolf.com/apps/utilities/Notepad

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

Mostly I would love a way to move around UI elements and perhaps reconfigure my ability bar layout and design. I don’t need a lot but other games have gotten me used to the idea of at least some customization options.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

the only thing they should add is a consumables bag, the rest can either be built in overwolf or don’t need to be added.why would an Ele need weapon swap, or an engi..

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I left off some other example.

7) we collect Tonics. Would be cool if we had a UI button outside of inventory that we could easily access and activate different toys and tonics right from that action bar, instead if digging through the inventory.

8) the world is full of lore. An add on that allows players to hover over points on the map and get a small pop up of lore about that location.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I left off some other example.

7) we collect Tonics. Would be cool if we had a UI button outside of inventory that we could easily access and activate different toys and tonics right from that action bar, instead if digging through the inventory.

8) the world is full of lore. An add on that allows players to hover over points on the map and get a small pop up of lore about that location.

8 would be cool!!
But it would certianly be alot of work, as each POI is based on something out of lore/history (which is why its a Point of Interest.) But I would be way ok with something like this.
Also please bring back the lore stuff on the loading screens. That was awesome! Kthnxbye!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I never understand why Anet doesn’t allow add ons , it greatly improve the game and add cost nothing for them. Imagine the possibility of features , Anet please support addons , if you don’t have time to make features, we will do it for you.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I wonder what the resource cost of adapting the game to allow addons vs just implementing small features like that would be.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.