Add Ons

Add Ons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Domino.9346

Domino.9346

I don’t visit the forums much and don’t really feel like searching through all the pages, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Will ArenaNet be allowing any sort of add ons in the future? I would love to see some sort of damage meter addition in the future.

I don’t want a discussion on whether Damage Meters help or hurt a game, I’m just interested in whether or not we could be seeing something like it in the future.

Add Ons

Posted by: Wolfgrey.2049

Wolfgrey.2049

I am gonna be kind and say simply this.

I don’t want that kind of trash in this game.

That is all.

Add Ons

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

ANet does not allow third party programs. However, if you have a suggestion for something, you can take it to the suggestion portion of the forums.

TBH, I don’t think you’ll be getting a damage meter as they can be as divisive in the game as they are helpful in certain situations.

I am gonna be kind and say simply this.

I don’t want that kind of trash in this game.

That is all.

That doesn’t contribute to the conversation and is not constructive in the least.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Add Ons

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

addons like damage metter would add a competitive factor to pve, gw2 is a game for casuals/carebears so no addons

Add Ons

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Will ArenaNet be allowing any sort of add ons in the future? I would love to see some sort of damage meter addition in the future.

Dear God, no.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Add Ons

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

addons like damage metter would add a competitive factor to pve, gw2 is a game for casuals/carebears so no addons

I mean, I assume this is sarcasm given the use of the word “carebears”

but dungeons are specifically designed to be anti-casual. So I dont see why addons would be out of place in them.

Add Ons

Posted by: HarbingerOfDawn.2653

HarbingerOfDawn.2653

I dont know damage meter and such, but I am hoping in the future anet releases some sort of dlc of some kind, that would be wonderful, kind of like Mists of Pandaria for WoW, along those lines of releasing a large dlc for the game

You’ll have a tale or two to tell
when you get back.

Add Ons

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

Will ArenaNet be allowing any sort of add ons in the future?

From Eric Flannum via IRC chat in December 2011:

“We won’t be allowing people to mod the game itself directly no. We feel that this encourages people to play the game in such a way that gives them an unfair advatage over those who don’t use mods. However we understand that many people enjoy modding games and are looking into ways for people to build things for the game in other ways. We’ll have more information on this sometime next year.”

So in three months time if there is no updated answer by then, you can always post the question again :P

TBH, I don’t think you’ll be getting a damage meter as they can be as divisive in the game as they are helpful in certain situations.

Yep, players start setting the requirements instead of ArenaNet.

Add Ons

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I would like a few specific mod, like UI, crafting, and bag/inventory mods. This game really doesn’t have a use for a damage meter.

Add Ons

Posted by: Domino.9346

Domino.9346

Thanks for the responses on ANet not allowing third party mods, for those of you with enough intelligence to respond to what I posted

Add Ons

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

ANet does not allow third party programs. However, if you have a suggestion for something, you can take it to the suggestion portion of the forums.

This is not entirely true. Anet DOES allow Third-Party Programs. As long as they don’t automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage, or effect other people’s game play.

Such as Texmod/Umod is allowed. There is even a Combat Mode that makes the combat like Tera’s combat (with the crosshair and everything).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10a0qk/official_response_clarifying_the_stance_on_mods/

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]