Add empty mastery track to increase MR

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Add empty mastery tracks that use for example, 1 mastery point and 1 million experience to increase mastery rank and give purpose to extra points. Obviously this would require the current max rank so players don’t waste points.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

And … why exactly do we need to raise our rank? It’s just a number that records masteries earned, with no effect on anything.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Add empty mastery tracks that use for example, 1 mastery point and 1 million experience to increase mastery rank and give purpose to extra points. Obviously this would require the current max rank so players don’t waste points.

And when they add more masteries?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How would empty mastery rank points benefit someone at all?

Why not just wait to see if these points are useable later on future added mastery lines instead of asking to waste them on pointless, empty ranks?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why not just wait to see if these points are useable later on future added mastery lines instead of asking to waste them on pointless, empty ranks?

I like the idea, my 31 HoT points and 17 tyria points finally could be used to show that I did more than the average person

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Please do not do this. Instead please delete all kitten marks from showing in any area other than where they were earned.

or allow a switch so we can turn the marks off.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

This serves no purpose.

This inconveniences them if it messes thing up when they add more masteries.

We finally got spririt shards back! So you don’t see huge amount of XP do absolutely nothing. Why would you want this in a game that’s not about this kind of thing?

Malediktus.9250

This serves no purpose.

This inconveniences them if it messes thing up when they add more masteries.

We finally got spririt shards back! So you don’t see huge amount of XP do absolutely nothing. Why would you want this in a game that’s not about this kind of thing?

I dont care about spirit shards, most veterans literally have thousands of them which they cannot spend without clicking around in the mystic forge thousands upon thousands of times.
So spirit shards are even less useful to us than a higher number to brag with.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I like the idea, my 31 HoT points and 17 tyria points finally could be used to show that I did more than the average person

While that is a definite consideration I would prefer the devs make actual mastery tracks that gives fresh, new content to do instead of spending valuable dev hours making empty tracks for no new content.

However I appreciate your complaint that you’ve done work that you can’t use to show you do more than the average person. Since its very unlikely you’ll get your wish for empty mastery tracks I suggest (if you don’t already do this) that you email each person you speak to, both in game and in real life, your public API key with instructions how to use it. I also suggest you occasionally post this information in map chat. That way they’ll be able to accurately see how much you’ve accomplished with your time and be suitably impressed, while not burdening the devs with requests for contentless content.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Malediktus.9250

Anet spends a lot of dev time on things I consider useless, so they might as well spend dev time on this.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

And … why exactly do we need to raise our rank? It’s just a number that records masteries earned, with no effect on anything.

Maybe its FUN to make a number bigger in an online game?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Anet spends a lot of dev time on things I consider useless, so they might as well spend dev time on this.

Yeahhhhh noooo. I’d bet some devs think similar about some posts/posters around here.