Add more armor skins to the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Homicidal Toaster.5836

Homicidal Toaster.5836

I’ve been playing since release, and I’ve go to say: I am not fond of most of the armor skins in this game. Most of the cool-looking armor is Heavy armor. I personally dislike the heavy armor classes because they aren’t as engaging to play. So I’m left with medium and light armor. Unfortunately, the medium armor almost all looks the same (leather trench coat with a bandit mask/pirate hat) until you get to the dungeon armors (which look different but in no way as bad kitten as the heavy armor). The light armor looks even worse than the medium armor (just my opinion, obviously). I wondering if the Guild Wars 2 team could pump out some cooler looking skins. I know they released the flame skirt thing for the light armored classes, but that’s just the Human T3 armor with some added colors. I find that lame. I’m not knockin’ the graphics of the game; I find the artwork and graphics to be above that of any open-world MMORPG out there. But I just feel the aesthetics of the armor to be lacking.

Some examples of what I’d like to see:
Light Armor –
A legit wizard robe with wizard hat
Battle Mage armor that looks like it’s half heavy & half light armor
Demonic Cultist robes with a hood that black out the entire face
Dragon shaman robes or something of the sort (flame legion doesn’t quite exude the magical nature of light armor classes that I’d like to see)
Make the Acolyte of Grenth robes available plox (and the rest of the gods for that matter)
Maybe a Grim Reaper-looking robe to give the necros some love?

Medium –
Bring back some of the armor from the GW1 Assassin class (and ranger)
Void armor sporting a blurred trail effect for when the character moves (please?)
Lab Coat for the engineers
Straight up ninja garb
Maybe something with a cloak of some sort? Rangers should have cloaks

Also, while I’m at it: Bring back the guild capes!
:3

If a mentally handicapped kid is late to class, is it socially acceptable to call him tardy?

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Agree, there’s a few nice weapon skins in Gw2, yet on the whole I’ve been very disappointed with armor/weapon skins after playing Aion for a year between Gw1 & Gw2. Gw1. Even Tormented weapons were much better than the new version imo. Shame that the skins in Gw1 HOM were not transferable to Gw2.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

or just remove the armor weight limitation, tons of new mix and match options available, and besides, many heavy armor I would consider medium or almost light, likewise with medium armor, so thematic consistency is a weak argument here..

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Nexxius.6017

Nexxius.6017

Some nice hooded priestly robes would be nice… Oh and some nice big cloth shoulders.
I would totally be up or the grim reaper for necroes and a lab coat for engies

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

I have been saying this from the start. In one of the posts Anet said that they were surprised by how many skins there are in the game. Well I have yet to see this list but at the moment I am surprised to see so few! This games progression focuses on aesthetics rather than stats. That being so, it is disappointing that you can level to 80 and barely see more than a few variations of gear. And non of them are really all that imaginative.

The game NEEDS MORE ARMOR SKINS! when you pick up an item you should really want to see what it looks like, get excited, not feel like its just a clone of what you already have with a different name that’s probably not even worth looking at before being vendored. That’s my standing and I +1 your post.

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Some nice hooded priestly robes would be nice… Oh and some nice big cloth shoulders.

Arah light armor is pretty great.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Heavy armor is also lacking, so they could really do with touching up on all of the weight classes.

Homicidal Toaster.5836

Arah light armor is pretty great.

Arah armor looks like what the grim reaper would wear if a pack of homosexual stylists made him fabulous.

If a mentally handicapped kid is late to class, is it socially acceptable to call him tardy?

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

or just remove the armor weight limitation

People were up in arms about this suggestion a while back – seems they’d get confused at a, previously light armour wearing, mesmer wearing heavy armour.
Personally, i don’t see what all the fuss is about.
If you honestly can’t tell what class a player is, from the skills they use, and are solely relying on looks alone…well, there are no words really.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I don’t even mind if they are put in the gem store because I’ll most likely have to pay gold to get the new skins either way.

I’m all for more armor and weapon skins though. I feel like I’ve had the same sets for months…oh wait, I have.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I’ve been playing since release, and I’ve go to say: I am not fond of most of the armor skins in this game. Most of the cool-looking armor is Heavy armor. I personally dislike the heavy armor classes because they aren’t as engaging to play. So I’m left with medium and light armor. Unfortunately, the medium armor almost all looks the same (leather trench coat with a bandit mask/pirate hat) until you get to the dungeon armors (which look different but in no way as bad kitten as the heavy armor). The light armor looks even worse than the medium armor (just my opinion, obviously). I wondering if the Guild Wars 2 team could pump out some cooler looking skins. I know they released the flame skirt thing for the light armored classes, but that’s just the Human T3 armor with some added colors. I find that lame. I’m not knockin’ the graphics of the game; I find the artwork and graphics to be above that of any open-world MMORPG out there. But I just feel the aesthetics of the armor to be lacking.

Some examples of what I’d like to see:
Light Armor –
A legit wizard robe with wizard hat
Battle Mage armor that looks like it’s half heavy & half light armor
Demonic Cultist robes with a hood that black out the entire face
Dragon shaman robes or something of the sort (flame legion doesn’t quite exude the magical nature of light armor classes that I’d like to see)
Make the Acolyte of Grenth robes available plox (and the rest of the gods for that matter)
Maybe a Grim Reaper-looking robe to give the necros some love?

Medium –
Bring back some of the armor from the GW1 Assassin class (and ranger)
Void armor sporting a blurred trail effect for when the character moves (please?)
Lab Coat for the engineers
Straight up ninja garb
Maybe something with a cloak of some sort? Rangers should have cloaks

Also, while I’m at it: Bring back the guild capes!
:3

There are 44 armor skins for each profession already. How many more do you want?

Homicidal Toaster.5836

44 armor skins? Cool. I don’t care for quantity. I want quality. Yay! 30 different trench coats for medium armor!

…I don’t want to wear a trench coat.
t-_-t

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I think at 475 crafting professions should start making skins. Then we’ll have something to do besides exotics on our way to ascended AND we’ll get to choose how our ascendeds look.

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Sounds like good ideas mostly. Except…

Attachments:

Homicidal Toaster.5836

People were up in arms about this suggestion a while back – seems they’d get confused at a, previously light armour wearing, mesmer wearing heavy armour.
If you honestly can’t tell what class a player is, from the skills they use, and are solely relying on looks alone…well, there are no words really.

Not to mention their class is displayed next to their health bar

Posted by: Kazuto.2798

Kazuto.2798

Kiwi
Sempiternal Order [SO]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Ellie.5203

Ellie.5203

I would just be happy if they added Scarlets Hairstyle for Sylvari to the Hair Kits

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

As long as the new armors are introduced into the game and not the gem store I’ll be happy. I don’t want more RNG box ticket scraps and gem store only buys. I’d like to see new content involve new permanent drops. And even old content.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

That’s a pretty lame reason to not add it. I’m against it personally because for the past 19 months, armor and aesthetics were an easy 70% of character creation – since there’s no build variation (and if there is, it’s meaningless racial skills that don’t fit well with builds), armors played a large part in deciding on a race/gender to go with the class. If that suddenly didn’t matter, it wouldn’t be fun. people worked hard to make characters that they no longer enjoy as much.

ANet shouldn’t, and wouldn’t, do something so mind-numbing 19 months into the game’s life.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

how are they going to make money if they just make new armor skins that are earned in game instead of you having to spend money to get them

You go- guys sound so entitled, if you want free armor every new update go back to WoW.

Posted by: Scottd.5764

Scottd.5764

I agree this game definitely needs more armor and weapons skins. I hope we get em

Homicidal Toaster.5836

As long as the new armors are introduced into the game and not the gem store I’ll be happy. I don’t want more RNG box ticket scraps and gem store only buys. I’d like to see new content involve new permanent drops. And even old content.

I feel the same way. I mean, I don’t expect mobs to drop epic-looking gear, just much different looking. My character looked exactly the same from lvl 30 to 80. That is not cool.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

You go- guys sound so entitled, if you want free armor every new update go back to WoW.

And a lot of people are (Note: Replace WoW with any other MMO on the market).

I also like your use of the buzzword “entitled”. Asking for new content one and a half years after release that players don’t have to throw their wallet at to access sounds like a pretty reasonable request to me.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

44 armor skins? Cool. I don’t care for quantity. I want quality. Yay! 30 different trench coats for medium armor!

…I don’t want to wear a trench coat.
t-_-t

Ive had my fill of floppy hats and trench coats as well.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Floppy wizard hats, please.

Also, I think crossbow skins for the rifle would be pretty cool. Crossbows seem more suited for knight characters than rifles, in my opinion, and I would very much like to blast enemies with a mean crossbow!

(Just realized this is an armor skin thread. Do we have a thread for crossbow ideas?)

Posted by: pulseunit.8296

pulseunit.8296

Yes more skins. More skins that don’t make you look like an Electronic Laser Bat.

You already have superior looking gear to all other MMOs; it’s just a shame they stop coming the second you ding 80 to be replaced immediately by the demented fever-dreams of children just coming down from a Sunny Delight-fueled 48 hour Dragonball Z marathon.