Add more daily choices plz

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I enjoy doing dailies, gives me something to do while waiting for new content, but there’s not enough for PVE at least. I do most of my dailies in half hour sometimes a bit longer, but really way too fast.

I propose u add at least twice as many choices like we used to have and ppl can chose if they want to do them or not. I for one would welcome more variety.

Edit: Why not add some crafting dailies? u get to make some things for various crafting masters and they gift u with some recipes or crafting mats? Make use of our crafting masteries? As long as they’re not exotics lol.

I know we get some in monthlies and even dailies sometimes, but i’m talking about (simple) quests not just craft so many items and that’s it. You could even have it so we craft items for our order. Like craft 4 pair of leather boots (master lvl) for Order of whispers, or same thing for Vigil etc and they give u t5 mats or recipes or a combo of both? I’d love something like this.

(edited by Tiger Ashante.1792)

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Wow, really? No one wants more dailies/choices? I would have thought with all the people complaining they had “nothing to do”. would like something like this.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There are technically more “dailies” already. Go do all the world bosses. Each of them have a character specific chest and one account chest which can only be gotten once per day.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wasn’t there a thread awhile back, before the merger of the WvW/PvP dailies with the PvE dailies, bascially saying that there were too many dailies, and because there were so many, over so many different game modes, that they had a hard time trying to do them, and felt compelled to do a certain mode that they didn’t necessarily enjoy, just to "stay relevent" on the AP leaderboards, or something?

In any event, unless you are chasing APs, the daily achievements don’t really mean much, and are generally gotten with normal play, without going out of your way too much, if it all. Adding more dailies, I think would only server to help those who are chasing them reach the daily limit cap just that much quicker, and cause others to feel that there are too many, and can’t get their daily 5 to get the laural through normal gameplay.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I remember a number of threads by people who are leaderboard competitors that asked for less dailies or a cap put on AP you can get from dailies and monthlies so they wouldn’t have to put in so much time each day doing them all.

Then ANet capped the AP you can get from doing dailies and monthlies and reduced the number of items for each daily.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Dailies are not meant to be a list of extra chores for players to do. Crafting items just the for sake of it is a chore for AP, sorry. The new dailies are better at rewarding players for getting on with playing the game, whether it is open world, dungeons, events, WvW, whatever.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

+1 I really miss being able to choose which PvE dailies I would like to do and still have the option, if I feel like it, to do all of the available dailies just for AP.

But we can’t have it because the completionist players complained that they “had” to do all the dailies every day. More dailies just confuse them.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I miss the frequency of some of them. Costume Brawl is one of my favorite activities and when it came up on dailies I always had people to play with, but now that it is so very rare I don’t get to play as much. On the other hand, things like “recycler” and “gatherer” are on the list everyday.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i quit on achievement points after 10k.. i remember i burned through a few hundred because i wanted the magic find/laurels.. something like that i forget already z_z

dailies i burn through pretty quickly on the world boss train, i make sure to do them out of not wanting to lose a laurel.. learned my lesson and park an alt near a skillpoint for crystals too now.. yep, there’s nothing like time gated junk to encourage your players to log in for 10 minutes each day but no more than that out of disgust..

i digress on those matters but agree with more daily content actually being a good idea.. in light of the npe, time gating or gold gated collections trying to inject players into older content.. i just got ‘fed up’ and suggested a new quest format – - here – -
and the beauty of it is it doesn’t involve new content, just introduces players to older things in game that they never bothered to do Because arenanet Never bothered to Show them.. it would only take a system slightly more complicated than the current dailies.. and since there is a reward goal and the option to do more than 1 each day it eliminates gating and could appeal to alt-o-holics who’ve done nearly every thing in game..

the worse part is i expect it to get little attention if any.. the only point of this forum is threads with a huge “maybe” sign of ‘dev issues’ that go on for pages and ultimately impact the game on a nominal level..

/rant
i broke it up into paragraphs

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish