Add owner character name to soulbound items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Could you please add the name of the character that owns a soulbound item to the item description? Like it was in the original game where soulbound stuff was identified with “Customized for John Doe”.

Currently if I leave a soulbound item into the bank and try to retrieve it later with another character it only says “Soulbound to another character” but it doesn’t say which one so in order to retrieve the item I have to relog my alts and try it. Imagine how fun that must be when you have eight characters.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Got a few more than 8, so I know your pain. >_>"

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

15 characters here. :/

A simple “Soulbound to xxxxxxxxxx” would be a good QoL improvement.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

This would be fantastic for us altaholics. Great idea

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Just make everything account bound. Problem solved!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Lol, I’m onboard with this suggestion. I was cleaning out my bank recently and ran across half a dozen things that were ‘Soulbound to another character.’ With 13 characters on that account, it took me a few minutes to swap through and determine what belonged to who and scrap it from there. (It wasn’t armor, so it wasn’t tier specific, so I couldn’t narrow it down that way).

In GW1 it would tell you who it belonged to, please add that here!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Soulbound is a flat out BAD mechanic in any game. When you include Accountbound in the same game, Soulbound really sticks out as being BAD.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I can understand the need for soulbound in most games. There wouldn’t be much of a gear market otherwise. People would go to the trading post to buy gear instead of crafting it, use it, then sell it back or hand it down to characters for later. (Which you can do with whites and blues, but who uses those? :P)
Basically, you’d be renting gear and very little of it would leave the economy.

Similarly annoying as it is, karma-purchase items not being tradeable or salvagable is meant to keep people from turning karma into gold. So, the crafting mats are account bound, and armors are soulbound.

Not entirely “realistic” in an economic perspective, but.. it’s a game. Expect illogic now and again. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

This’d be nice. I think I have stuff in my bank soulbound to characters I’ve deleted. :P

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Add name of the character to the siege in wvw so we know who are the siege trolls so we can stop it.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet