Add real condition resistance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Armor which comes from equipment and the stat toughness are for physical hits

Make this new armor condition and comes from vitality plus defense from trinkets and backpack (adding defense to them)

So we will have real base defense vs conditions

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Do you know what the resistance boon does in Guildwars2?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Prime Shock.9386

Prime Shock.9386

Your request seems a little confusing, are you saying that since we have the toughness stat to reduce incoming physical damage, we should have the vitality stat to reduce incoming condition damage?

If this is the case then I would argue that the vitality stat already does that. It increases our overall health pool, thus requiring that the conditions do more damage to kill us.

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

There already is something like this in food. Several foods reduce the duration of conditions applied to you. Shorter duration = less condition damage. Also, at least 2 Superior Rune sets do this (Hoelbrak and Melandru iirc).

It would be nice if there was an armor stat that did the same thing, and perhaps it will be added. If it’s not a new stat, I’d say that Healing would be the best stat to assign the roll of Condi mitigation. Toughness and Vitality are already desirable enough without additional benefit, as are pretty much all other stats. I hope that Condi mitigation is NOT assigned an entirely new stat if it is added at all.

Posted by: ardhikaizecson.3697

ardhikaizecson.3697

Not every class has access to resistance boon, only warrior, revenant, and mesmer via rng, i would say make this boon more accessible on all class via modifying some skill, like guardian shout that gives resistance alongside regeneration without using a specific rune for it.