Adding IGN to items that can be placed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

A really flawed part of the system that leads to trolls abusing the fact no one can tell who is placing these items. It has become annoying having community organised events like triple trouble be trolled by individuals that place troll items in the wurm or around the event area all because they can stay anonymous. All they are doing is hindering individuals who want to succeed at events.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

And if there was a name tag, then what? I agree, some are obvious attempts at griefing, but others can be accidents. I doubt a report would give enough information to differentiate between the two. For all you know, that trading post express was to get consumables, or the merchant to clear bags. Maybe they wanted to see what the boss would look like in bobble-head form and didn’t think about placement, etc.

Yes, those people are annoying, but a name linked to these items and effects wouldn’t really solve anything.

BlkPrince.2854

One time is fine no one would really care if it was accidental but if you place it 10 times over the event area thats the time its intentional and when we report for trolling we can at least prove it with the screen shot. I did not mention bubble heads being the issue its food that is primarily my issue here commanders use their own gold to get the proper food for individuals and a troll comes and places it over the event to overwrite it. Thats like spitting on the commanders face. Its annoying and people should be identified for trolling in that manner

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m sorry, but I don’t see the point. If people aren’t looking at what they’re about to pick up, why would they take the time to notice (or care) what player name is on the item?

BlkPrince.2854

if u are standing in the wurm during a burn phase u usually spam f to try pick up icebows and hammers to increase ur dps if the person places the food in that stack u would land up eating the food and overwriting the proper food. And the community organizing the event would notice the name of the person and report him.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yes, those people are annoying, but a name linked to these items and effects wouldn’t really solve anything.

Would give people a target to sling verbal abuse at… which isn’t a desirable thing I guess.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Instead of asking for names on things that are essentially mass produced, why not ask for a zone of exclusion type mechanism instead so that 2 items can’t be dropped on top of each other?

At any rate, maybe if you assign a key for “next ally” it will highlight each in sequence. It’s what I use when 2 banners are on top of each other to get the one I want.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Or they could just ban the greifers just like the ban people in wvw for dropping bad seige.
Put people name on this stuff, makes it easy to screenshot, and anet can just do the bans. After a couple of 3 days time outs I’m sure this activity would stop.