Adding "PvP Character" option

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

Firstly, since the Suggestion Forum is gone, I’m not entirely sure where this kind of thread should be. If I’ve posted in the wrong are, so sorry! If this could be moved where it is appropriate that’d be great

Very small quip, but do we remember the old “PvP” character option? You would make a toon and it would get sent straight to the PvP hub. I want something similar for GW2, because let’s face it, when you’re this far into the game, you get pretty bored of your toon in PvP. It’s nice to reroll professions in PvP(I have a char slot dedicated to PvP toons only) that could be a “what-if this character was another race?” etc. Some times you just want silly names that it’s hard to RP with in PvE etc.

So my suggestion is just a simple small tick box at the char creation screen that says PvP character. All it would do would just send the toon straight to Heart of the Mists, skipping the tutorial. If the character tries to go to LA, it just sends them back to the tutorial again.

That or just make Heart of the Mists available in the tutorial, but I can see why they didn’t allow that just incase new players get lost clicking it.

How do people feel about this?

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Firstly, since the Suggestion Forum is gone, I’m not entirely sure where this kind of thread should be. If I’ve posted in the wrong are, so sorry! If this could be moved where it is appropriate that’d be great

Very small quip, but do we remember the old “PvP” character option? You would make a toon and it would get sent straight to the PvP hub. I want something similar for GW2, because let’s face it, when you’re this far into the game, you get pretty bored of your toon in PvP. It’s nice to reroll professions in PvP(I have a char slot dedicated to PvP toons only) that could be a “what-if this character was another race?” etc. Some times you just want silly names that it’s hard to RP with in PvE etc.

So my suggestion is just a simple small tick box at the char creation screen that says PvP character. All it would do would just send the toon straight to Heart of the Mists, skipping the tutorial. If the character tries to go to LA, it just sends them back to the tutorial again.

That or just make Heart of the Mists available in the tutorial, but I can see why they didn’t allow that just incase new players get lost clicking it.

How do people feel about this?

Its not like the tutorial takes long to do. I disagree on a programmers standpoint about adding a useless checkbox for PvP only. I agree however on allowing entrance to the Mist from tutorial and returning to tutorial if they leave.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

The tutorial takes no time at all to do and that is the only PvE you ever have to do if thats what you want.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

It gets tiresome eventually, no matter how short. I’d be happy for HotM just being available at the start.

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

This kind of change would be a welcome convenience for some. And it fits very well with the original expressed goal of making PvP accessible, fair balanced, and immediate fun for players who may have no interest at all in the PvE side of GW2.

However, that does not seem to be their goal any longer. With the announcement that future skills will be added in such a way that they have a large Skill Point cost to use even in PvP they have already begun moving away from making it accessible to people who do not want to grind before they start playing. It would seem inconsistent to add this (very good) feature now when they are taking things in a different direction.

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

They should just enable the PvP teleport from the tutorial, and send you back to tutorial when you leave mists (or attempt to pass through LA portal).

Or: Give option to skip tutorial if your account has already completed the tutorial for that race.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]