Adding a gear check to the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

First:

1) I want to say that I haven’t liked gear checks in the past, due to how games had gear progression and extremely low drop rates on elite gear.

2) All gear/builds is viable in Guild Wars 2

3) I have no issues with Meta or non Meta players, as I play in both groups. Some of my friends simply have no wish or find it difficult to run meta builds. I feel everyone should be able to play the game how they want.

4) The only group I have issues with are those who do not read or feel LFG descriptions do not apply to them. I feel this group is the core of the problem and my suggestion is to deal with them specifically.

5) I have debated posting this, but due to the amount of Meta Vs Non-Meta threads I have seen lately I feel this will bring a breath of fresh air to the game and avoid further fights over something that really shouldn’t even been an issue.

The Idea:

1) Add a box to the Hero Equipment panel screen. When this box is checked Players can right click and see your gear/runes/traits/etc. There for no action is taken by players who do not want to have their gear inspected. This can be toggled on and off from this screen.

2) If a player doesn’t click this box they can not be inspected.

3) When a Looking For Group post is made box is added to require this gear check box to be clicked in order to see the LFG post. If the player has not opted in they can not see it.

As someone who plays both sides, and who has tested the LFG with many descriptions from Pink armor only to All Welcome to Zerker Only I know which groups take longer to fill and which fill quickly.

I feel this will be helpful to both sides of the Meta vs Non meta simply because it will cause a natural shift. People who only see Meta groups will realize there are many Non-Meta players and will have an easier time finding groups for them, or making their own.

I am however not a programmer and I do not know how difficult this would be to implement. I feel it is worth considering though.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

No, because it is a tool for elitism and I personally do not advocate it.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Talyn.3295

No, because it is a tool for elitism and I personally do not advocate it.

It’s Not a tool of Elitism, it is a tool to prevent trolling of groups. And is in no way required or a player to take part in. I have never understood this argument.

If a player is not joining a group, that they know they don’t meet the requirements for then they should have nothing to fear.

Pretty cut and dry.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Also no to this, cause it is if you want to believe it or not OP absolutely a definitive tool for elitism.
Such junk has nothing to search in this game.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I mostly see zerker only groups. Sure there are a few others, but I agree with yolo swaggins. There are more elitists than trolls.

If people really want to see your gear, you can link your stuff in the chat.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I hate to say it. But this WILL be abused by the playerbase to weed out anyone that have even the slightest issue with. Not having it checked will be seen as a sign of guilt and get you kicked from many groups. Having it checked means you had better be running the build they want you to run or you will be kicked from many groups.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I mostly see zerker only groups. Sure there are a few others, but I agree with yolo swaggins. There are more elitists than trolls.

If people really want to see your gear, you can link your stuff in the chat.

And then there’s people claiming “trollers” keep an extra set of gear to ping while wearing another.

No, this is a never-ending rabbit hole of paranoia which is solved through the “gear check” which I’ve really disliked since the days where it was possible to inspect another player. I’ve been excluded more times than included or been given helpful advice on adjusting my build through it, which is enough reason for me to say I have some objections to such a system.

Even more to if it boils down to a numerical “gear score” since I played a game where I witnessed scores go up but paradoxically the characters got weaker somehow.

If you’re really worried about group trolling? Group with people you trust or have been vouched for.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I 100% agree with Yolo Swaggins.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Gear score is, and will always be, an unnecessary evil. It gives tools to people that encourage them to act in a manner that isn’t friendly and helpful.

Not the first time this has been brought up, and it’s not the first time the forum community has shot it down.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I hate to say it. But this WILL be abused by the playerbase to weed out anyone that have even the slightest issue with. Not having it checked will be seen as a sign of guilt and get you kicked from many groups. Having it checked means you had better be running the build they want you to run or you will be kicked from many groups.

Reread the OP.

1) Add a box to the Hero Equipment panel screen. When this box is checked Players can right click and see your gear/runes/traits/etc. There for no action is taken by players who do not want to have their gear inspected. This can be toggled on and off from this screen.
3) When a Looking For Group post is made box is added to require this gear check box to be clicked in order to see the LFG post. If the player has not opted in they can not see it.

You won’t be able to even see (let alone join) groups that require the option “checked”. Only if you have the visible gear checked you will see groups that require it checked.

Not having it checked, means you don’t have the gear requested by that LFG post, otherwise I see no point in NOT having it checked so you can join the group. For example, they ask for zerker and you don’t have it.

In other words, the only people that will be harmed by this change are those who join LFG posts without having the requested gear, I can’t see how anyone else will be harmed by it.

Where is the harm in not allowing players that don’t fill the criteria of a given LFG post to join it?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Where is the harm in not allowing players that don’t fill the criteria of a given LFG post to join it?

There is no harm, in my opinion. But why do we need a new system added to this game just for this?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I still fail to see why you want it in the game. It creates more problems and makes the lfg toxic and btw groups are easy to find,dungeons aren’t that challenging and just look at your “2,” point you listed

maddoctor.2738

Gear score is, and will always be, an unnecessary evil. It gives tools to people that encourage them to act in a manner that isn’t friendly and helpful.

Not the first time this has been brought up, and it’s not the first time the forum community has shot it down.

I don’t think it is “shot down” with a simple “no” or by adding the word elitisism into a post.

Can you explain how the change mentioned in the OP will harm anyone other than those who join LFG groups without fitting the criteria requested by it?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

So would this disallow people joining a group cause someone wants a speedrun and the person wanting the specific run has the idea only zerkers can do speedruns?

Then If I’d join and see the group set off without might stacking, without food or dedicated dungeon weapons? Constantly begging for icebows?

Just for the record, When you run zerk but refuse/forget to use food/utility and do not have your dungeon weapons you lose A LOT of dps vs people with 1 defensive stat and who do use both. Leaving the persons who want to play but who still are ignorant toxifying the game with unneccessary means to accomplish NOTHING. If a gear check would be implemented but the people are ignorant about minimizing running time in dungeons it would end up useless and disturbing the LFG…

If anyone want to be Elitist, deal with noobs, wrong builds, wrong stats. Do you know why? Because elitists should be elite players. So an elitist can do all, and teach others so they’ll be able to comprehend and do the same next time.

Zerk ?k AP Speedrun is rubbish. Just deal with it.

I have much fun running my zealot ele, or guard through dungeons, or any other build I run for that matter, 11 of 14 of my characters run glass setups, but only half of those has zerk. They function above standards compared with most people I meet in dungeons which are generally “lvl 80 EXP” I’ll leave the amount of experience to the players and i do get annoyed by 1st timers, but I’ll explain, so next time they do not have to be taught everything and I CAN do a fast run..

Just to say I only have 2 characters with FULL dungeons weapons sets and full acces to foods and utilities. FULL acces, that means all sets neccesary for in my case all night dungeons and I mean the full 33.1% bonus for all those dungeons. Not a Night Sigil: Oh I’m done.

And still I run lvl80 EXP it is a challenge, it takes 3 minutes extra/ run so what… I help the community by trying,… And I accept everybodies freedom to run whatever they want, most people do not roll conditions anyways. so do not worry about it, last dual condi setup I have had in a dungeon was 8 months ago.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s a tool to exclude a player solely on gear and stats. At least not until the devs increase the number to kick to majority. Otherwise it’s too easy to be trolled the other way, with a novice building a party who invite a couple of elite players who then kick the novice and invite their friends leaving the novice out in the cold with a bad impression of the LFG tool and party tools.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

There is no harm, in my opinion. But why do we need a new system added to this game just for this?

Yes, because thats why a certain part of the community gets bashed, insulted and neglected. And im not talking about your beloved casuals …

@Zalman
Reread the OP and the answer above yours by maddoctor.

@PaxTheGreatOne
Good points. Apart from gear, traits and buffs there is nothing you can check on a player before the run. The “skillcheck” happens after you started but these are a good indicators that a person is aware of what he/she should use. Not so long ago i met a full assasins thief with accuracy and fire sigils. Is it viable? Of course is it. Is it optimal? Not, absolutely not. Did i ask for it in the LFG? NO. And thats the problem.
People cant or refuse to read the descriptions, creating unnecessary tension. This way they dont even see the groups they cant fit in let alone join. But you are right, this wont guarantee the quality in the groups but at least handles some toxicity which is a good thing.

@Behellagh
Thats what i call irony. But said player could make a description like “want experienced players for a first timer” or “want to get carried”, etc.

@Lifestealer
Exactly. Everybody told ANet how the “improved” party kick system WILL be abused, yet they dont cared and implemented it anyway. There you go. Not if the old system was better but at least it had much lesser grief potential.

Vayne.8563

I don’t think it is “shot down” with a simple “no” or by adding the word elitisism into a post.

Can you explain how the change mentioned in the OP will harm anyone other than those who join LFG groups without fitting the criteria requested by it?

People will insist, absolutely insist on people checking their boxes. If you don’t want to check your box, for whatever reason, you will be excluded from parties.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, good but old idea. Why shouldn’t it be in the game?

People will insist, absolutely insist on people checking their boxes. If you don’t want to check your box, for whatever reason, you will be excluded from parties.

Kicking someone from the party because he doesn’t meet a criteria is evil?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I would rather have a new gear-set over ascended. Why deosn’t GW2 start with gear-progression? I don’t think it can bring any harm.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I agree with your suggestion OP. It would be a great tool and a good addition to the game.

People like yolo, Oprheal and many others don’t realize that a tool such as this would allow non-elitists to no longer have to suffer the “elitist jerks” that spread so much abuse.

It would facilitate a non-interaction between groups that honestly don’t want and shouldn’t interact with each other.

It would be better for both the “zerker elitists” and the “playhowyouwant” people if they never met at all because of the filter.
The lack of a filter far too often leads to situations where the playhowyouwant person gets in the wrong party and has to be kicked – creating confusion and making him upset.

Better if he didn’t get in a group he wasn’t wanted in in the first place.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Vayne.8563

Nope, kicking someone from a party for not meeting the criteria isn’t evil. And if that’s absolutely the only time it can be used, that’s fine.

Better than that, would be to make a requirements checkbox and not let anyone join that group who doesn’t have that equipment.

Rift did it with their looking for group tool. If you didn’t have x amount of focus, you couldn’t even queue for specific dungeons.

Harper.4173

But today’s exclusion criteria is even worse. I’ve seen kicks just because they felt the person isn’t “playing right”.
At least non-zerker players would now have a less unpleasant experience with zerker parties on account of not joining them.

In a sense it’s for their own good – I can’t really see why those against this tool would advocate that exposing the “casual players” to the strict rigor of meta groups a good idea.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Tsw has a community which demands everyone pings their gear or they cannot join a raid. Theres no way round it, even being unable to inspect, players are still expected to ping what they wear or they are blocked from joining most endgame content.

No matter what controls you put in place, no matter what the original good intentions might be, even if you add something as seemingly reasonable and harmless as the OPs suggestion….it will eventually cause problems as players seek to abuse it.

You are right…todays exclusion criteria is bad at times. This wont improve it im afraid

Harper.4173

If anyone want to be Elitist, deal with noobs, wrong builds, wrong stats. Do you know why? Because elitists should be elite players. So an elitist can do all, and teach others so they’ll be able to comprehend and do the same next time.

Elite players – sure they can do all that.

But dealing with noobs, wrong builds and wrong stats is a choice that has nothing to do with how good you are and how well you can play the game and carry.

It’s not that they can’t carry and teach. It’s that they don’t want to. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Playing well doesn’t automatically make me a teacher, or a person who enjoys spending times explaining things to others.
Playing well and efficiently doesn’t make me the type of players who enjoys helping others.
Playing well is just playing well. Stop trying to force this kind of pressure on good players. Being good doesn’t mean you are obligated to help or teach others.

I could be (theoretically) so good that it would take me 1 button press to complete a dungeon and still wouldn’t carry bad/new players. Not because I couldn’t – but because I don’t want to. There’s nothing wrong with that.

This is a game where ( ironically) those who keep saying “play how you want” don’t understand that under that specific premise I can choose to play exactly how I want. And that means for myself.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

no thanks. nuts to your huehuehue 80 exp berserker speed run 5k ap + lfg

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I’ve never seen systems like this be necessary amongst those that intended to use them legitimately, or anything but damaging vectors for elitism and exclusionary practice amongst the majorities that did not.

If you want to know, ask for a gear ping. If you are so worried about it that you won’t trust a gear ping, you’re clearly not playing with friends or even people you feel reasonably secure in trusting and should probably not play with them if its such an issue for you.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

@Behellagh
Thats what i call irony. But said player could make a description like “want experienced players for a first timer” or “want to get carried”, etc.

The half a dozen times I’ve tried forming a party with LFG tool, stating that all were welcome and it will not be a speedrun ended the same way, with me being kicked before entering the dungeon by players who can’t bother forming their own speedrun parties but using the two vote kick system to commandeer someone else’s. But hey, that’s not griefing, at least nothing you can report.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

nGumball.1283

But dealing with noobs, wrong builds and wrong stats is a choice that has nothing to do with how good you are and how well you can play the game and carry.

It’s not that they can’t carry and teach. It’s that they don’t want to. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Playing well doesn’t automatically make me a teacher, or a person who enjoys spending times explaining things to others.
Playing well and efficiently doesn’t make me the type of players who enjoys helping others.
Playing well is just playing well. Stop trying to force this kind of pressure on good players. Being good doesn’t mean you are obligated to help or teach others.

I could be (theoretically) so good that it would take me 1 button press to complete a dungeon and still wouldn’t carry bad/new players. Not because I couldn’t – but because I don’t want to. There’s nothing wrong with that.

This is a game where ( ironically) those who keep saying “play how you want” don’t understand that under that specific premise I can choose to play exactly how I want. And that means for myself.

You are assuming that people who use the zerker meta do know how to play the game properly while all others are noobs who don’t understand the mechanics of the game.

You remind me of those who complain and threaten Anet that if they leave, the game won’t have any vets left. Without vets = dead game… or so they said.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes, because thats why a certain part of the community gets bashed, insulted and neglected. And im not talking about your beloved casuals …

Oh, please, don’t deflect the question by not answering it and choosing to open an attack. That is not what I asked, and not what I said.

I said I see no harm in such a thing added, when it comes right down and I cut through the personal objections I have due to past experience. Sure, it might be used poorly on casuals. Or on the “elite”/“hardcore” players equally, if you want to be honest about it. One even posted here about it, and I’m sure there are probably others who would speak up.

. . . but again, that’s not at all what I asked. I asked why do we really need to get them working on another new system to add to the game. We’ve seen what happens when they do, and it takes a while before it actually works to what everyone is comfortable with (or at least can work around).

Nobody has owned up to answering the question “why do we need them working on this ahead of other things”. There are easily a dozen things which need work more than the ability to check someone’s gear, so why should this take priority? Why should it even be considered at all, instead of some of the other things?

It’s a distraction from greater problems going on right now. That is the harm in topics like these, or asking for mounts or dueling. There are bigger things to work out before we get to those.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s quite annoying to do fractal with people that dont’ have agony resistance.

regular dungeon isn’t so bad. It’s not like most people isn’t wear good dps gear already anyway.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

@PaxTheGreatOne
Good points. Apart from gear, traits and buffs there is nothing you can check on a player before the run. The “skillcheck” happens after you started but these are a good indicators that a person is aware of what he/she should use. Not so long ago i met a full assasins thief with accuracy and fire sigils. Is it viable? Of course is it. Is it optimal? Not, absolutely not. Did i ask for it in the LFG? NO. And thats the problem.
People cant or refuse to read the descriptions, creating unnecessary tension. This way they dont even see the groups they cant fit in let alone join. But you are right, this wont guarantee the quality in the groups but at least handles some toxicity which is a good thing.

But the thief runs a relatively good setup, he has acces to glass gear, he chose to maximize crits above maximizing power, Power which will be stacked (might) and he will run a 100% crit build when under fury. Proccing his fire every time it gets from cooldown, You cannot say he didn’t think it through, It isn’rt perfect, but neither am I. Wouldn’t be the first time I fatfinger my healing skill ordo something stupid in a run…

But the fact he runs fire shows he isn’t running dungeons weapons in the first place, but was he running food? Was he running dungeon food? Or maintainance oils or sharpening stones? Though I cannot verify it, but sometimes there are telltale signs (bloodlust counters?) people are not maximizing efficiency. As long as they stay alive and pump dps it isn’t that bad.

Then again: Were you running dungeon food, food, dungeon weapons, the optimized build or a variant? I believe you are running zerk, but were you running scholar as it is still more powerfull then strength, if you and your party can negate damage?

If one of those last questions is a no , you shouldn’t worry about a gear check. If they are all yes, I’d suggest you’d find a dedicated speedrun guild so you can TS and finetune sets so you know what can and will happen. No ele for might, just purging flames, FGJ and banner swap, 1 Pug carrier, a thief and guards. The works. And done.

I still am against a gear check, as it will allow people to frustrate the community. Gear Check in the description will just make me take another dungeon run anyways.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

just say what you really want… an auto kick from group tool if you dont wear zerker and have it straight forward…

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

regular dungeon isn’t so bad. It’s not like most people isn’t wear good dps gear already anyway.

You cannot ping agony If I’m right, all infusions show up as blanks… but people joining a lvl 21-30 without agony resist would be subject to removal in my run.
I do not mind if someon has 0 or 5 AR in a lvl 10-19 run… but then it’s done.

nGumball.1283

Conclusion: the tool is totally useless and it will create a huge rage into the community for the sake of making 10 elitists in the game happy.

Posted by: Jazz.1870

Jazz.1870

I love joining “Zerker only” groups on my non meta, non zerker Guardian, and then look at them gawk at how I can stand in all those AOEs and rez their downed butts.
So satisfying

EU The Right Trolls [JiVE]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’ve never seen systems like this be necessary amongst those that intended to use them legitimately, or anything but damaging vectors for elitism and exclusionary practice amongst the majorities that did not.

If you want to know, ask for a gear ping. If you are so worried about it that you won’t trust a gear ping, you’re clearly not playing with friends or even people you feel reasonably secure in trusting and should probably not play with them if its such an issue for you.

This sums up my personal feelings as well. So we can agree on something . . .

I don’t think the griefing or bad players getting into groups to screw them around is going to be so easily stopped, and a lot of it is being done outside of a gear check system anyway. Party hijacking, people who ping and swap out to junk gear, people who join and do nothing constructive and waste the others’ time? That’s going to continue anyway, at least until they get banned and buy another account to try again in a few weeks.

naiasonod.9265

And this, right here, is the single point of relevance I might find worthy of having a serious discussion about.

Fractal entry at the ranks that start throwing agony in should at least slap the player with a warning pre-entry about it being highly advised to have agony resistance.

I wouldn’t see it as unreasonable for certain tiers to be established in fractals requiring a certain amount of agony resistance to be able to enter them at all, but then I don’t do fractals that often either.

None the less, this is a valid point – agony resistance is absolutely vital past certain fractal ranks, and should by some means be at least be loudly and blatantly trumpeted in a player’s face when they get to those ranks.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You cannot ping agony If I’m right, all infusions show up as blanks…

I think they do also. I haven’t actually gotten any infusions to work with yet . . . (can’t do Fractals above level 10).

Vayne.8563

See fractal LFGs should be gated by how much agony resistance you do have. It should be automatic, not something players check.

You see there’s a big difference, to me, between the game requiring something and players requiring it.

Talyn.3295

For myself I have four close friends who I run with, however sometimes one or the other can’t make it on. We still have 3 or 4 players and our guild is mostly WvW which means we have to pug the 5th due to shrinking friends list due to lack of content updates. Now we do control the kick power, and we can, even if we prefer not to.

I wish people would step outside their comfort zones. I see complaints that there are alot of Zerker only whatever AP points etc.

If this system was implemented these groups would be hidden. The meta builds are pretty cut and dry. Sites like http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki and others list them and explain them, for those who wish to learn.

If people are afraid of getting kicked from Play How You Want groups because of a gear check Its not the Meta Players “elitist” who are the problem.

Another example of trolling, If I make a “Arah path 4, no Walling Lupi group” And we get up to Lupi and I see the Guard is traited to throw a wall in Lupi’s face it is my right as the group maker to kick before the damage is done.

People on these forms claim to join the wrong groups, I have read people who state they don’t read, or don’t care. Even those who join knowing they don’t meet these requirements.

I don’t like being the bad guy. I simply want the tools to control my game and play the way I want, just like anyone else.

Trolling comes in many types, and happens to both Meta and Non meta players.

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I love joining “Zerker only” groups on my non meta, non zerker Guardian, and then look at them gawk at how I can stand in all those AOEs and rez their downed butts.
So satisfying

Congratulation, you are the reason why some people want this tool.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

If 1 thing is applauded in Gw2: It’s the fact it’s a cooperative game.
In a Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Game setting.

Saying I just care about myself is a choice. I’m trying hard to respect it, but I feel I help people because I need other players to do content with. The fact people say I only want to do content with this group of eletists scares a lot off people off, and hurts the game, or at least the biggest group of players.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

So I am not an uberplayer, with some coordination and critical thinking issues, and I like to have a mix of valkyrie and knights with all zerk weapons and trinkets so that I have a little more survivability in my build.

This would automatically exclude me because I choose to run a build that helps deal with my personal, unfixable, flaws.

So basically the OP and others like him would exclude me from the game.

Cheers.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

So satisfying

Congratulation, you are the reason why some people want this tool.

I’ll be honest I’d have to agree on Molch. Jazz you are not respecting others. I really think it would be nice you’ll get 3 Dire condi necro’s and a Nomads Guard in your next dungeon run. Just to show you.

Playing together also means reading the LFG post and respecting others, but I still do not care for a gear check. As the people tend to go over the edge.

Talyn.3295

So I am not an uberplayer, with some coordination and critical thinking issues, and I like to have a mix of valkyrie and knights with all zerk weapons and trinkets so that I have a little more survivability in my build.

This would automatically exclude me because I choose to run a build that helps deal with my personal, unfixable, flaws.

Cheers.

No, we would not exclude you from the game. There are many groups, other then the Meta groups. We simply ask that you grant us the same understanding. No one says you can’t find a group. We only ask that if you join ours you meet our requirements. There are plenty of other groups out there, or you could make your own.

Is it so hard for you to understand that we want to play our game a certain way? Just like you want to play your game a certain way?

Cheers

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Cheers.

Thats just excuses, most dungeon encounter doesn’t require supernatural reflexes or whatever it is you think you lack. All it takes is practice and being open minded for ideas and suggestions that have been provided by players from the beginning.

Also, in pugs, there are little coordination to be had even in zerk groups, all you need to do is provide the dps and survive, thats it. Straight forward stuff.

I mean if i could play with 400 ping constant (australia) while drunk and still do dungeons fine in zerk, so can you.

naiasonod.9265

Cheers.

No, we would not exclude you from the game. There are many groups, other then the Meta groups. We simply ask that you grant us the same understanding. No one says you can’t find a group. We only ask that if you join ours you meet our requirements. There are plenty of other groups out there, or you could make your own.

Is it so hard for you to understand that we want to play our game a certain way? Just like you want to play your game a certain way?

Cheers

No, you want tools to be exclusively designed that cater to making it easier to play the game a certain way. I’m not going to tell you that that interest is wrong – it isn’t – but look at what you’re asking for.

Now look at what that’s effectively been in other MMO’s.

You cannot possibly imagine that it would somehow magically turn out differently here, can you?

You do not, one hopes, envision some exception-to-the-standard scenario in which a tool like that would not be abused by far more than would ever use it for legitimate purposes.

Or is it perhaps that you know quite well what it is elsewhere and what it would consequently be here (because the variable of the game isn’t going to have a significant impact on the driving element of human nature causing such tools to be an issue at all) and simply determine it to be worth welcoming an enormously divisive tool in through the front door so a microscopic fraction of the playerbase could use it legitimately?

Please do clarify. I’m puzzled.

maddoctor.2738

Nope, kicking someone from a party for not meeting the criteria isn’t evil. And if that’s absolutely the only time it can be used, that’s fine.

Better than that, would be to make a requirements checkbox and not let anyone join that group who doesn’t have that equipment.

Rift did it with their looking for group tool. If you didn’t have x amount of focus, you couldn’t even queue for specific dungeons.

I don’t even….

That’s exactly what the OP asked for. Only those who agree to be inspected can see and join groups that have requirements. Those who don’t check the box can join the non requirement groups as they do now.

maddoctor.2738

Reposting to fix forum bug:

I don’t even….

That’s exactly what the OP asked for. Only those who agree to be inspected can see and join groups that have requirements. Those who don’t check the box can join the non requirement groups as they do now.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Instead of communicating people want a tool… Why?

scenario 1:
They have 3 warriors, they want to check for double phalanx warriors a.k.a. pug carriers, 1 person just posts phalanx, this been taken care of, also banners, just ping them.
A ele joins, A thief joins and they go.

scenario 2:
They have 3 warriors, they want to check for double phalanx warriors a.k.a. pug carriers, 1 person grabs the tool and checks and presses kick from party, 2nd accepts… then banners, well this could be pinged but let’s do the same, repost for 2 more warriors
Then wile the the LFG continues:
If a guard runs 2(4)/5/?/?/? it is in. if it starts with 0/0 it is not?
If an ele has 6 power it’s good else…kick!
If a thief… What no daggers: Kick!
If a ranger…. Wait? Ranger: kick!
If a mesmer… Mesmer? Kick!
If a engi… engi? Kick!
All people need poweer as first stat, precision as second, and ferocity as third, Else Kick
All people will need strength, else kick
All people will need correct sigils and crap, else kick
After a while someone kicked as a warrior rejoins the party: Hey guys, I just finished my full run, enjoy kicking people now!

What do YOU prefer?