Additional Right Click on Player Options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

You should add the following options when Right Clicking on another player

“Challenge to a Duel”
Temporarily switch to PvP mode and have players fight until one is in the downed state.

“Inspect Player”
Show a read only version of the player’s Equipment Screen including gear, selected glider, and even build configuration.

If anyone else has great ideas for what else players should be able to do to other players with right click, please add them here.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

“Challenge to a Duel”
Temporarily switch to PvP mode and have players fight until one is in the downed state.

“Inspect Player”
Show a read only version of the player’s Equipment Screen including gear, selected glider, and even build configuration.

If anyone else has great ideas for what else players should be able to do to other players with right click, please add them here.

Alot of people wanted inspect option from anet as well as dps meters but guess what anet will never put those in the game so learn to live withouth them it isnt wow.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

No thanks on the inspect or challenge to duel ideas.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Both of these have been suggested before, multiple times, and both have always been quite unpopular with large segments of the playerbase. I don’t expect this time to be any different.

Personally I wouldn’t mind them as long as players have the option to disable it. I do not want to be spammed with duel requests (which I would never accept so having the option is a complete waste of time for people around me anyway) and I don’t particularly want every random passerby seeing all the details of a build I spent ages putting together.

If you really want to know you can always ask.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No.

No.

No.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

First off, this sounds suspiciously much alike to WoW.
Personally I don’t really have a problem with the dual part, but pvp and pve are very different in function. And you can just go into pvp or a guild arena if wanted.

The inspect player thing though, I personally like not to have. It can encourage a lot of problems with players demanding you to have specific gear and so on (many have explained this much better then I can on other threads).
Furthermore what if I don’t want you to know what gear I have? I might be fine with telling others if they ask, but I would not like for others to be able to just ‘inspect’ me without me knowing it (know it’s stupid, but that’s how I feel).
As a note, there is a site called gw2efficiency.com which allows you to share your information with others.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Very, very “No” on both of those, thank you.

What I would like to see is a description field that the player can fill out, that others can read by right clicking on the character.

If you’re a RPer, you can fill it with a brief backstory or RP notes. If you want people to know what kind of gear or build you have, you can list it there for them to read. And if you want to duel people, you can start/join a guild made for that (with a guild hall arena), and put in your description that you’ll gladly accept all challenges by going to the arena in your guildhall and fighting.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Danikat.8537

What I would like to see is a description field that the player can fill out, that others can read by right clicking on the character.

If you’re a RPer, you can fill it with a brief backstory or RP notes. If you want people to know what kind of gear or build you have, you can list it there for them to read. And if you want to duel people, you can start/join a guild made for that (with a guild hall arena), and put in your description that you’ll gladly accept all challenges by going to the arena in your guildhall and fighting.

This one I would love to have.

It’s one thing I miss from Ultima Online. I really enjoyed reading the backstories people made up for their characters and I know a lot of people add to the background you get in GW2 (or completely disregard it and make up their own).

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

No to inspect, we have more than enough elitism already. I don’t mind duels IF we get a “disable duel requests” option at the settings.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No to both and its against the rules to dubble post, I see the same thread in player helping player section

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

I’d love to have something to jump around since I’ll be jumping around Lion’s Arch anyway. My only addition is to have a toggle setting, so that people who don’t want to accidentally press it during a world boss will have the option to turn it off. Also if the option to “Inspect player” is to see rarity of gear and stats it won’t be happening. That isn’t what this game wants and it isn’t what I want as a person who came to this game for that reason.

If all an “Inspect player” option does is show what skins someone is using, then I’m 100% for it. With maybe their build configuration on the grounds that you can know that just by knowing their class options and what’s happening with them from a fight. So I think it would just be an amazing quality of life change, since you could help guildies and new players out with their builds easily if they ask without having to switch characters and completely stop playing.

Posted by: Zeus.6805

Zeus.6805

I remember custom arenas can be used to “duel” someone.

Inspect? No no no… If you would to check someones gear or skin or whatever passes through your mind, feel free to ask them! Community is still polite, I guess.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

why would I want u to see my gears? makes no sense.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“Challenge to a Duel”

“Inspect Player”

How would these things improve the game?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Duel: Don’t care, I’d block it immediately.
Inspect: For stats? Oh H no! For info on skins? Yes, please gods yes! The number of times I’ve noticed someone and wondered what they wore!

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

Just lol. First of all: They should? Sure…

Like most people enjoy the divided sections of PvE and PvP.
I don’t want to run around always declining kiTTen players’ duel offers. This would lead to an annoying thing that would need to be removed. So, better to forget about that kiTTen.

Second idea: actually the same.

All what you want, OP, you find in those other mmos you probably enjoy.

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

“Challenge to a Duel” is a nice concept. But make it only happen in a City environment.

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

I don’t mind the Duel idea, but the inspect gear idea? No thank you.

“If anyone else has other great ideas”? These ideas have been suggested countless times, and although some are in favor of duels, NOBODY wants the gear inspect. If that’s your cup of tea, this isn’t the MMO for you. At all.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

/bow in wvw to your foe and it should be a duel in wvw manner.

I don’t mind duel in wvw, and no to pve duel.

Inspect a player, definitely no and don’t wish to happen.

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

They should already be in the game, especially inspection.

Inspection would help many raid leaders, and the community as a whole, they could form pugs easier and give hints to people if they see something wrong with their builds for the comp they’re building.

Asking 9 people to link their gear/builds in /tell sounds better to some people I guess, they don’t form raids I bet.

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Inspection would help many raid leaders, and the community as a whole, they could form pugs easier and give hints to people if they see something wrong with their builds for the comp they’re building.

Asking 9 people to link their gear/builds in /tell sounds better to some people I guess, they don’t form raids I bet.

You do realize the amount of elitism this would cause, right? It’s completely against the game’s philosophy.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Tiilimon.6094

Have you noticed what content is being pushed out? It already requires your group to either gear/build a working raid or wipe repeatedly.

If you’re scared of such elitism, don’t join people who wish to optimize, it’s that simple.

Having “Let other players/friends/guildies inspect my equipment” toggles would also be fancy and protect your secret stats and builds from leaking out to the public.. xD

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

“Challenge to a Duel”

“Inspect Player”

No.

Go play WoW if you want that nonsense.

Tiilimon.6094

I would really like to understand this hostility against dueling and inspections, what are people afraid of?

Chances are you won’t be going anywhere with a person who inspects gear if you’re not linking it to them in chat already, linking builds is harder tho, because you cannot copy text directly from the chat window.

Other option would be to link our whole character to the chat, so people clicking on the link could inspect us, thus avoiding all the intrusive gear peeping people seem to be so afraid of.

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

I would really like to understand this hostility against dueling and inspections, what are people afraid of?

Casual players that run bad builds that want to try and do hard content with a specific build and getting told they can’t despite that they are perfectly able to create their own party but that is something that they never do.

People who don’t care what they run vs people who actually want to try there hardest to get the most out of their class never mix.

For whatever reason trying to be the most “optimal” is being “elitist”. There’s nothing inherently wrong with trying to be the best, but when the people that don’t care about playing anything decent are told that there build is bad they’ve got to call it a bad word because reasons.

Or they want to run something like a Nomads Ele with Signet of earth and expect to be a DPS role (Yes, I’ve had them in pugs). Cause god forbid people want to play optimally and don’t want to waste time!

CMM.6712

No.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Why does the ‘are you chicken?’ question come up with every one of these aggressive pro-PvP, pro-raid, elitist suggestions? Why is a preference for a casual game construed as fear?

Seriously, this is a very dead horse. Stop beating on it.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

^This right here!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I want to see what transmogs people have. Thats about it.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• If you want to duel, the game already has 3 venues for it: pvp arenas, wvw OS instance, and guild hall arenas.
  • If you want to inspect gear, the game already offers an API and there are several sites that allow you to do it. All the other player needs to do is give you a link.

I’m not sympathetic to the argument that “it gives us something to do while waiting for…” — I handle that by not waiting and doing something else.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Morte de Angelis.7986

Why does the ‘are you chicken?’ question come up with every one of these aggressive pro-PvP, pro-raid, elitist suggestions? Why is a preference for a casual game construed as fear?

Seriously, this is a very dead horse. Stop beating on it.

Where the post aggressive? – Its a question
Pro – PvP / Pro – Raid What do you say that as is its a bad thing?
elitist suggestion – Again I ask, what it inherently wrong with waiting to be the most optimal you can be? Just because people are kittens about doesn’t mean its bad.
preference for a casual game construed as fear – Why is preference for making sure you aren’t dragging someone who plays crap and makes my game worse a bad thing?

In my eyes your post is the aggressive one as you are attacking his question for no reason. I am too curious what people are afraid of that people will find with checking your gear and build. Does that make me aggressive because I asked a question?

(edited by Morte de Angelis.7986)

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

elitist suggestion – Again I ask, what it inherently wrong with waiting to be the most optimal you can be?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be the most optimal you can be. The key word here is YOU, demanding or discriminating against others because you don’t think they are as “optimal” as they can be is the issue with inspecting.

Just because people are kittens about doesn’t mean its bad.
preference for a casual game construed as fear – Why is preference for making sure you aren’t dragging someone who plays crap and makes my game worse a bad thing?

It doesn’t mean it’s good either. What does it bring to the game; the good and the bad. How would its use affect players? The last line in your statement here is the EXACT reason people are so against it, it’s the terrible attitude it would bring to the table.

In my eyes your post is the aggressive one as you are attacking his question for no reason. I am too curious what people are afraid of that people will find with checking your gear and build. Does that make me aggressive because I asked a question?

It’s not the question that’s aggressive it’s the way it’s posed and the wording used to support it. Lines like “If anyone else has great ideas for what else players should be able to do to other players”. Make it feel like he is pushing his agenda off as a “great” idea to everyone, the truth is, it may seem like a great idea to him; others may disagree.

I’m curious why other then excluding people based on gear and trait choices do you want an inspect function? I’m aware there are some potential positive uses, like looking for new build/gear ideas(not everyone googles a build), but that I fear that type of use would be in the minority.

As far as dueling goes, I’m 100% for for it; if it comes with an option to auto decline.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

points to the very lonely unused guild arena

some people are really secretive their builds so that is a no as well …

As for me I don’t need any more useless options in that menu cluttering things up. The only option I need is Send Mail.

If all an “Inspect player” option does is show what skins someone is using, then I’m 100% for it.

You could just ask them …

Also if you really care just spend some time with the wardrobe. Not that difficult to become familiar with how each of the pieces look.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

As for me I don’t need any more useless options in that menu cluttering things up. The only option I need is Send Mail.

If all an “Inspect player” option does is show what skins someone is using, then I’m 100% for it.

Also if you really care just spend some time with the wardrobe. Not that difficult to become familiar with how each of the pieces look.

Actually, there are all sorts of tricks people can do with dyes and gear equipment to make something look radically different from a wardrobe preview, to say nothing of non-matching race/gender characters. On the other hand, it would result in fewer people asking me “What shield is that?” when they see me in the PvP Arena (Answer is “Shield of the Wing”. And it looks really nice on my Golden Winged charr (The whole ensemble is as based around the golden wing theme as I could get. Golden Wing Rifle, Phoenix Reborn+Shield of the Wing, and Sunrise.)

Danikat.8537

In my case the opposition to dueling comes from memories of playing GW1 and having to see “Any1 1v1?” posted in guild chat every few seconds for hours on end. It was bad enough in that format, having it as a pop-up or mail or whatever format a duel request mechanic would take would be even more annoying.

I have absolutely no interest in 1v1 fights in a game balanced around a minimum of 5v5, I’d much rather get on with what I’m trying to do and let people who want assurances that their build is the absolute awesomest there has ever been throw themselves into PvP and blame their losses on their team mates.

But on top of that I suspect it would actually require a significant chunk of developers time to implement – it’s not as simple as typing out a couple of lines of code (not that anyone builds MMOs by typing the code by hand anyway) and suddenly any two people are enemies in PvE – but only to each other. And even once they’ve got the basic mechanics working they’ve got to build the UI for it, get the artwork done for the UI, test it etc. etc.

Since I have absolutely no interest in such a feature beyond wanting assurances that if it was ever added I could turn it off and carry on as if it didn’t exist I’d much, much rather see that time and effort go on something I actually do want in the game.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I completely disagree with the OP’s 2 suggestions.

1. I would hate for GW2 to become the same kind of toxic environment as another MMO which has dueling in the regular PvE environment.

2. Inspecting only leads to discrimination.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Actually, there are all sorts of tricks people can do with dyes and gear equipment to make something look radically different from a wardrobe preview, to say nothing of non-matching race/gender characters. On the other hand, it would result in fewer people asking me “What shield is that?” when they see me in the PvP Arena (Answer is “Shield of the Wing”. And it looks really nice on my Golden Winged charr (The whole ensemble is as based around the golden wing theme as I could get. Golden Wing Rifle, Phoenix Reborn+Shield of the Wing, and Sunrise.)

Doesn’t really make it that much harder to recognize unless it is on a an asura where it is difficult to make out the details. Middle of combat is also not a great time to be staring at people gear with or without an inspect option …

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Now, as an RPer, this I would like to have.

I’ll have to say no to both of OP’s suggestions though.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Bad ideas because of the number of people who think they’re an expert in every aspect of the game and think they know exactly how everything must be done.

The amount of people who thought they knew the exact party composition that was “needed” for the raids as soon as one group downed a boss was sad.

Morte de Angelis.7986

elitist suggestion – Again I ask, what it inherently wrong with waiting to be the most optimal you can be?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be the most optimal you can be. The key word here is YOU, demanding or discriminating against others because you don’t think they are as “optimal” as they can be is the issue with inspecting.

Just because people are kittens about doesn’t mean its bad.

It doesn’t mean it’s good either. What does it bring to the game; the good and the bad. How would its use affect players? The last line in your statement here is the EXACT reason people are so against it, it’s the terrible attitude it would bring to the table.

It’s not the question that’s aggressive it’s the way it’s posed and the wording used to support it. Lines like “If anyone else has great ideas for what else players should be able to do to other players”. Make it feel like he is pushing his agenda off as a “great” idea to everyone, the truth is, it may seem like a great idea to him; others may disagree.

I’m curious why other then excluding people based on gear and trait choices do you want an inspect function? I’m aware there are some potential positive uses, like looking for new build/gear ideas(not everyone googles a build), but that I fear that type of use would be in the minority.

As far as dueling goes, I’m 100% for for it; if it comes with an option to auto decline.

You can always make your own group for things if you don’t want to min-max to play with like minded players. The same way “elitists” ask for the same like minded people. You don’t want to play with people who want to play optimally. Then don’t join their groups – Non-issue

Sorry if I don’t want to drag around someone else’s sorry kitten because they play content way above their skill level

“excluding people based on gear and trait choices” -
You want to play with a Nomands Ele. Be my guest. But when I ask for Zerker Ele don’t come crying. Pinging is unreliable as you can cheat chat codes. Anything that can me linked, can be coded and faked.
You NEED an API key to get the MOST reliable way of checking and good luck with people giving you their API key.

Though I ask, why join groups where people are rigid about what THEY want in THEIR group when the easiest option is to just not join? Or god forbid make your own?

kittens will kittens. Whether or not they know what you are using.
You basically don’t want it because people are kittens. Then I question why you play an online game with people. Because if there’s one thing that I’ve learnt. People are kittens.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think there is room for an inspect option.

If people who have weak gear could inspect others to see where they “should” be isn’t that just as useful for all play as opposed to being harmful towards them by elitist raiders?

If I saw some poor lvl 80 ranger using a lvl 76 green cleric longbow I would go to the trading post and buy them an exotic longbow and mail it to them. I wouldn’t just stand there and say no you cant come do Ascalon Catacombs with me or follow me around flipping camps and sentries in wvw.

Have a little more faith in your fellow players or become trapped just like those elitist raiders.

Miku.6297

@Morte de Angelis.7986
— Good point about making your own groups, but you can currently do that without an inspect option.
When you say things like
“Sorry if I don’t want to drag around someone else’s sorry kitten because they play content way above their skill level”
Do you think this attitude is positive and encouraging or rude and discouraging? Example: We are looking for players of high skill levels and builds to complete content quickly with optimal time/results. -> Same overall meaning totally different presentation. The attitude in your wording is the EXACT reasons many people do not want an inspect function. You can want to play optimally with the best gear and skill AND not be a jerk about it to others.

Also do you honestly think someone who googles a build, gets that gear and those traits is instantly “skilled”? You talk about player skill level but all an inspect would allow you to see is their gear/traits not their skill.

" Or god forbid make your own?"
You could do the same thing…

I don’t want it because the main use of this tool would be to exclude people or force a brain dead google a build and gear mindset.

I play an online game because I like playing a game with other players, working together in both PVE and PVP. I play online online games because I like working with other people of all different mind sets, some times I play for fun just hanging out and doing what ever, other times I go for speed and performance.

I’m still wondering what uses besides excluding someone or ridiculing them because they choose different gear/traits then you “think” they should would be enabled by this?

@Justine.6351

I agree there are alot of really cool people here playing. I have faith in some players, but when people are posting lines like
“Sorry if I don’t want to drag around someone else’s sorry kitten because they play content way above their skill level”
It’s very clear what they would utilize an inspect tool for.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Ok for those of you who want inspect for skins, just freakin ask. I dont think arena net wants to introduce something in the game to reduce socializing, jeez.

Morte de Angelis.7986

- snip -

Who said that I wanted it?

" Do you think this attitude is positive and encouraging or rude and discouraging? "
– Its rude. But you try smacking your head against a brick wall because people can’t dodge, don’t use the right builds, don’t use the right utilities and then cry wine and scream when they get kicked because they are crap.
I’ve lost my patience with people who blindly say no to crap “because elitism” because people will cry about anything that makes it harder for people to leech of other people.

“Example: We are looking for players of high skill levels and builds to complete content quickly with optimal time/results”
- Been there, done that got the T-shirt as well as the mugs. Guess what. People DON’T READ LFGs. Be it casual people joining more hardcore groups, or hardcore people joining and bossing around casual groups. At least if I can inspect I don’t have to die 10 times just to figure out some nut job brought a kittenty spec to the party when I can’t be bothered dealing with crappy builds.

" You can want to play optimally with the best gear and skill AND not be a jerk about it to others."
- Yet you tag “elitism” as a bag thing as soon as a suggestion about players have more power about who they want in THEIR groups. Take a rule out of your own rule book. You can play as you want, and NOT be a jerk about it.

“Also do you honestly think someone who googles a build, gets that gear and those traits is instantly “skilled”? "
- No, but if they are playing a crappy build then generally they are a crap player. Just a correlation I’ve noticed.

"" Or god forbid make your own?"
You could do the same thing…"
- I do, and guess what. People still join with crap builds. Notice the “You can play Nomads Ele” example. I’ve had that. I put in LFG, I wanted a zerker Ele and the guy walked in with Nomads gear. expecting to do a DPS role. People don’t read LFGs.

“I don’t want it because the main use of this tool would be to exclude people or force a brain dead google a build and gear mindset.”
- Then don’t join those groups. Said it before.

“I play an online game because I like playing a game with other players, working together in both PVE and PVP. I play online online games because I like working with other people of all different mind sets, some times I play for fun just hanging out and doing what ever, other times I go for speed and performance.”
- And I don’t play an online game to carry people because they decided that their build is somehow better then a build that has been tried and tested and then do worse then playing the “meta” build and have to up MY game to play HARDER because OTHER people can’t pull their weight. If I wanted to 4-man 5-man content. I can do that without another person deciding that for me.

“I’m still wondering what uses besides excluding someone or ridiculing them because they choose different gear/traits then you “think” they should would be enabled by this?”
- because people can’t read. And what “They” should be using when I ask for DPS, is a DPS build. Not a self-sustain tanky build.

Just saying now. If people actually read LFGs and didn’t join group they didn’t belong in this would be a non-issue but you can’t trust people when they can hide behind a computer screen.

(edited by Morte de Angelis.7986)

Justine.6351

@Justine.6351

I agree there are alot of really cool people here playing. I have faith in some players, but when people are posting lines like

inspect tool or not, those people will always have their ways of weeding out the not optimized players. IMO an inspect tool would do more good than harm or at the very least be something most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

@Justine.6351

inspect tool or not, those people will always have their ways of weeding out the not optimized players. IMO an inspect tool would do more good than harm or at the very least be something most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.

Why do you think most would enjoy it?

CMM.6712

@Justine.6351

Now don’t go speaking for everyone, ok

Danikat.8537

Just looking at this one topic I think it would be a huge jump in logic to say most GW2 players would enjoy having an inspect option.

Search for any of the (dozens of) previous topics and I think you’ll get an even clearer sense of the opposition to the idea.

Miku.6297

@Morte de Angelis.7986

So what you’re saying is that it will be used to exclude/ridicule people, but over all you would like it so you can inspect gear.

Every time you say “dont join those groups” or anything like that it makes me stop and think… If you want to play optimized and kick out anyone who doesnt think/gear/play like you want heed your own advice Form your own groups.

Then I can see what you are saying, I just respectfully disagree, I would not want a tool that enables that sort of attitude more than it’s allready here.

IMO an inspect tool would do more good than harm or at the very least be something most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.

Based on what? This thread is 95% posted AGAINST it? Why would most people enjoy something that most people are against?

(edited by Miku.6297)

Justine.6351

@Morte de Angelis.7986

So what you’re saying is that it will be used to exclude/ridicule people, but over all you would like it so you can inspect gear.

Every time you say “dont join those groups” or anything like that it makes me stop and think… If you want to play optimized and kick out anyone who doesnt think/gear/play like you want heed your own advice Form your own groups.

Then I can see what you are saying, I just respectfully disagree, I would not want a tool that enables that sort of attitude more than it’s allready here.

IMO an inspect tool would do more good than harm or at the very least be something most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.

Based on what? This thread is 95% posted AGAINST it? Why would most people enjoy something that most people are against?

you wouldn’t EVER look at someone’s gearing actively or passively? Ya no one ever looks at cleavage, its just too inappropriate.