Additions to Material Storage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

Ok folks, here is where we are at with this material storage side project that I originally outlined here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-s-Missing-from-Material-Storage/first

1. Determine need for side project
2. Work with programming to investigate the backend and define limitations
3. Ask for suggestions from playerbase <- LAST TIME WE TALKED
4. Collate suggestions from all sources
5. Refine data to determine popularity of suggestions
6. Refine list to remove suggestions that are impossibilities for whatever reason
7. Research every suggestion to fully understand their use cases
8. Meet with experts to better understand the needs of their area of the game (WvW, Fractals, Scribes, SAB)
9. Refine data list to remove suggestions that are unfavorable for whatever reason
10. Discuss and plan alternative solutions to suggestions that are unfavorable but could be addressed in another way
11. Assign Materials to specific material storage collections
12. Experience data loss, resetting progress back to step 7, thus undoing all the hard parts I just did
13. Experience crushing demoralization and wallow in sadness for days while numerous people try to help recover work. This is why you should never save your docs locally and nowhere else.
14. Acceptance of lost data and thorough avoidance of redoing work while advancing through stages of grief
15. Put on big girl pants and redo steps 7-11
16. Document proposed changes
17. Present final list to design team for last minute objections and additions
18. Present final list to playerbase for last minute discussion and final appeals <- WE ARE HERE
19. Adjust design as needed.
20. DO THE WORK <- the easy part
21. TEST THE WORK
22. SHIP IT

“Yeah yeah yeah, lady, but WHAT’S ON THE LIST!?”

Common Crafting Materials
Milling Basins

Core Refinements (new)
Jute Patch
Wool Patch
Cotton Patch
Linen Patch
Silk Patch
Gossamer Patch
Damask Patch
Jeweled Damask Patch
Green Wood Dowel
Soft Wood Dowel
Seasoned Wood Dowel
Hard Wood Dowel
Elder Wood Dowel
Ancient Wood Dowel
Spiritwood Dowel
Bronze Plated Dowel
Iron Plated Dowel
Steel Plated Dowel
Darksteel Plated Dowel
Mithril Plated Dowel
Orichalcum Plated Dowel
Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel
Jeweled Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel

Fine Crafting Materials
Blade Shards
Shimmering Crystals
Tenebrous Crystals

Rare Crafting Materials
Bloodstone Shard
Elonian Wine
Brick of Clay
Chak Eggs
Eldritch Scoll
Fractal Research Pages
Icy Runestone
Legendary Insights
Mystic Binding Agents
Mystic Crystals
Mystic Forge Stone
Philosopher Stones
Reclaimed Metal Plates
Unid Fossilized Insect

Ascended Materials
+1 Agony Infusion
Anthology of Heroes
Augur’s Stones
Lesser Vision Crystal
Vision Crystal
Mystic Runestone

Gemstones and Jewels
Amalgamated Gemstones
Copper Doubloon
Gold Doubloon
Platinum Doubloon
Silver Doubloon

Cooking Staples (new)
Baker’s Dry Ingredients
Baker’s Wet Ingredients
Cookie Dough
Dough
Simple Dressing
Candy Corn glaze
Cream Soup Base
Ice cream base
Poultry Stock
Meat Stock
Vegetable Stock
Staple Soup Vegetables
Tomato Sauce
Loaf of Bread
Salt and Pepper
Simple Stew Herbs
Stirfry Spice Mix
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Roux

Scribing Materials (new)
Crystalline Bottles
Lump of Glass
Linen Supply Sack
Green Wood Pulp
Soft Wood Pulp
Seasoned Wood Pulp
Hard Wood Pulp
Elder Wood Pulp
Ancient Wood Pulp
Copper Nib
Silver Nib
Gold Nib
Platinum Nib
Mithril Nib
Orichalcum Nib
Glittering Blotting Powder
Shimmering Blotting Powder
Radiant Blotting Powder
Luminous Blotting Powder
Incandescent Blotting Powder
Crystalline Blotting Powder
Coarse Paper
Rough Paper
Fine Paper
Smooth Paper
Quality Paper
Premium Paper
Extra Coarse Sandpaper
Coarse Sandpaper
Medium Sandpaper
Fine Sandpaper
Superfine Sandpaper
Ultrafine Sandpaper
Simple Scribing Kit
Basic Scribing Kit
Fine Scribing Kit
Journeyman’s Scribing Kit
Master Scribing Kit
Grandmaster Scribing Kit
Simple Finishing Kit
Basic Finishing Kit
Fine Finishing Kit
Journeyman’s Finishing Kit
Master’s Finishing Kit
Grandmaster Finishing Kit
Badges of Tribute
Coarse Book Cover
Rough Book Cover
Fine Book Cover
Smooth Book Cover
Quality Book Cover
Premium Book Cover
Mortar
Wood Glue

That’s 125 items and 3 new categories (I’ll also be changing some category names and item rarities to better fit). More than I should do from a pure numbers standpoint, so if you are going to try making a case for adding anything else to this fairly exhaustive list than you should know it will be an uphill climb. I’ll hear you out, but know I will be a hard sell. If anything, I am looking for cuts to this list, not adds. We’ve spent a ton of time thinking this through. I’ll post some notes on those choices in a reply post since the forums are telling me this is too long.

I’ll personally be paying attention to discussion here and on The Inevitable Reddit Thread™ for the next week. I’ll be finalizing the list in the following week and finding the time to DO THE WORK after that. When it comes to timeline, I normally say “no promises!” but in this case, I promise that I refuse to let this go a whole year since my original post without shipping.

Lead Designer – Living World

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

Here are some notes on how we chose what:
• No “components” has been my go to up til now but you will notice there are a bunch of things here that might be called “component”. The ways I softened but did not eliminate this rule is two fold: 1) allow a second tier of refinement like dowels and patches which are used cross discipline, 2) allow a number of scribing and cooking components that feel very core to the disciple and are used over and over throughout but did not have OTHER components in their ingredients which are also being added to storage (eg no herbed stocks because base stocks go in).
• No Inscriptions and Insignias. I just felt that there were too many and there were more important things that crafters were more likely to be holding on to for longer.
• No sigils and runes. I believe there are WAY better solutions to this problem.
• No legendary gifts. Too many. Too niche.
• No Piles of Silky Sand. Just consume them, geez.
• No SAB Baubles and Bubble Baubles. I spoke with the SAB designers and this is a technical limitation with how that stuff all works in SAB.
• No WvW Blueprints. I spoke with the WvW designers and they felt that this would create a bad user experience for players who legit use blueprints.
• No Black Lion stuff. There is a combination of technical issues and a lack of desire for those to work that way.
• No Boosters, Tonics, Foods (general food consumables not the core cooking ingredients), utility buff, and potions. Just no. Seriously. There are way too many and there is a whole host of reasons why you just get a no.
• No Instant Repair Canisters, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Merchant Express, Revive Orb. Please just use these.

EDIT: This was partially cut off.

• No Luck. Just no.
• No trophy items that make specific decorations etc for the guild hall. Too many. Too niche.
• No keys. There are better solutions for keys that we have not yet had time to pursue and I want to leave room for us to do those things instead.

EDIT2:

Reminder: Once an item has been added to Material Storage, it can never be removed or moved to a different category. However, I did get a small piece of tech to allow me to re-organize within each bucket and I’ll be doing some re-ordering work as part of this update.

Rejected:
• No Lumber Cores or Pruning Shears. We count these as trophies used for guild hall decorations which I already mentioned we opted to not include.
• No Golden Fractal Relic + Integrated Fractal Matrix. I discussed these with the Fractals team extensively throughout the process and they opted to investigate other solutions.
• No Writs and Tomes. I do not want to put in consumables of this nature.
• No Strategic Defense Map of the Mists. Used in very few things at a low cost.
• No Toys and Tonics. These are so outside of any of our qualifications for going into storage that I can’t believe I am having to explain why they aren’t going in.
• No Essence of Time. It is a trophy used in two things, one of them being a decoration.

Things to think about a bit more:
• Miyani Items. A lot of folks have rightly pointed out that all of Miyani’s items should go into storage. I haven’t made a final determination on this yet, but it’s likely that we will cut at least some of these from the list.
• Indigo Mushrooms + Mushroom Milk. I’m really on the fence about this one. I had wanted to allow them to keep dropping because they do make foods that can continue to be used, but I don’t particularly want to include them in storage because of how you start acquiring them. I’ll think about it more though.
• Badges of Tribute. We said no to these largely because of how you get them and use them. They are bought from a vendor and can be immediately consumed by crafting low-ish cost items with them. I will check in with the WvW team to see if they disagree with that sentiment.
• Mystic Runestone. If I am going to put in Icy Runestone, I should probably put in this one as well.
• Marks, Talismans, Seals, Medallions, and Crests. I have almost zero desire to put all 25 into storage, but I will rethink Crests specifically because of their inclusion in Amalgamated Gemstone crafting.
• Ascended crafting materials that make Grandmaster Marks. This is going to be a tough one. There are a lot of items here. I’ll consult with the PvP team and my fellow rewards folks.

(edited by LinseyMurdock.4165)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Love this list and would applaud if even half of these items made the final version.

As far as things to cut, I would question the need for space for stuff you buy from Miyani (eldritch scroll, philosopher stones, etc). Given that those items are only used in the mystic forge, having them purchasable right next to the forge makes them easy enough to get to as is.

Just my input though. Maybe someone had a good reason for including them.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Linsey, it is an awesome list you have there. It sucks that you had to repeat steps 7-11, but the player base will love you for it.

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

Love this list and would applaud if even half of these items made the final version.

As far as things to cut, I would question the need for space for stuff you buy from Miyani (eldritch scroll, philosopher stones, etc). Given that those items are only used in the mystic forge, having them purchasable right next to the forge makes them easy enough to get to as is.

Just my input though. Maybe someone had a good reason for including them.

They were very popular suggestions and the way I figure it is that you can often be left with extras or be holding on to them for a long time before use. Those are the lowest priority items and I would cut them first if I find myself in an absolute NEED to cut anything. Right now, I am OK with shipping this list as is.

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Sounds great! I think the list is fine as it is, but like someone said, I’d love to see even half of them making their way into the patch.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

This is great effort tyvm, the only thing i’d like to see added to the list in the scribing area, is the lumber cores, i got 5-6 different types permanently occupying my bank and i keep getting them. there are number of other items for scribing like flower seeds etc, but lumber cores are lot more common to get, i’d greatly appreciate it if u could add them as well and once again, tyvm for all your efforts. As others have said, sorry to hear u had to repeat all that work, that would have been very frustrating

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Please skip points 18 and 19 and just continue directly with 20 !

Nothing more to say.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You are awesome Linsey Murdock!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

• No Instant Repair Canisters, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Merchant Express, Revive Orb. Please just use these.

How about you add a check and if the account has , say a permanent Bank Access or other permanent, it quits dropping them and drops something useful or make them so you can sell them for something instead of just flushing them to make room.
Tomes of knowledge and Black lion Chests please

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m having heart palpitations, in a very good way. Come to me, my beloved bank space! I can stop selling off doubloons just to avoid the hassle of guild hopping to a personal guild bank and only sell them when I need the coin. I can work on Scribe again! It ground to a halt due to generating materials I had no room for. Extraneous Miyani mats will stop hogging room!

A lot of things on the list are things I don’t have, but enough of them are bank cloggers I’ll be happy to clear out to storage that my heart, it sings your praises to the skies.

Bravo!

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

There’s definitely not much need to storage some of the mystic forge items, especially the costlier ones, but I’m fine with that. With the possible excetion of mystic forge stone: oh god, yes, that one needs storage space.

• No sigils and runes. I believe there are WAY better solutions to this problem.

The community thinks too, but will that ever happen?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Fantastic! This is way, way more than I expected. I, as others, would be happy with whatever makes it into storage out of this list.

Thank you for all your hard work, and so sorry to hear about the loss of your data.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Here are some notes on how we chose what:
• No “components” has been my go to up til now but you will notice there are a bunch of things here that might be called “component”. The ways I softened but did not eliminate this rule is two fold: 1) allow a second tier of refinement like dowels and patches which are used cross discipline, 2) allow a number of scribing and cooking components that feel very core to the disciple and are used over and over throughout but did not have OTHER components in their ingredients which are also being added to storage (eg no herbed stocks because base stocks go in).
• No Inscriptions and Insignias. I just felt that there were too many and there were more important things that crafters were more likely to be holding on to for longer.
• No legendary gifts. Too many. Too niche.
• No Piles of Silky Sand. Just consume them, geez.
• No SAB Baubles and Bubble Baubles. I spoke with the SAB designers and this is a technical limitation with how that stuff all works in SAB.
• No WvW Blueprints. I spoke with the WvW designers and they felt that this would create a bad user experience for players who legit use blueprints.
• No Black Lion stuff. There is a combination of technical issues and a lack of desire for those to work that way.
• No Boosters, Tonics, Foods (general food consumables not the core cooking ingredients), utility buff, and potions. Just no. Seriously. There are way too many and there is a whole host of reasons why you just get a no.

ty very much thank you for all your hard work !!! even tho some things could not be add for their reasons . will say more bigger bags in say 40 or 50 slot size would be most welcomed

so that we got plenty of space for one item i noticed not talked about at all . that is all the keys that have to be carried with us as we go across all maps till some of us can find them chests that seem to not pop up that much for whatever reason be it .

but the work you are doing on this now is most helpful and will cut down on some important bag and bank spaces

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Very nice. Can’t wait to see it, likely free up a bank tab.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: AriaFiresong.7023

AriaFiresong.7023

Came to offer my heartfelt thanks for your dedication to this project, and thanks for all you do.

Posted by: Memoranda.9386

Memoranda.9386

You are a goddess and I love you.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Looks like an excellent list. Can’t wait to free up space in my inventory/bank.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

As a large hoarder I’d be grateful of anything you do.
I’ve learnt to live with a system of storage characters .
Others shouldn’t be having much issue I’d thought.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

This is great effort tyvm, the only thing i’d like to see added to the list in the scribing area, is the lumber cores, i got 5-6 different types permanently occupying my bank and i keep getting them. there are number of other items for scribing like flower seeds etc, but lumber cores are lot more common to get, i’d greatly appreciate it if u could add them as well and once again, tyvm for all your efforts. As others have said, sorry to hear u had to repeat all that work, that would have been very frustrating

I would like to second this. Lumber cores are strictly material components and they are stacking up. Pruning shears would be a nice inclusion, too. I would very much like to have these in material storage. I could give up nibs, though. I only make nibs as needed and don’t usually have odd spares as they are 1:1 usage. Pruning shears, OTH, you have to plan your map currency and purchase ahead of time and store in preparation for… hedge trimming.

That said, a thousand thank yous+ for the work you have done (and redone) on this!

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Thank you so much the list is great! It has all the things i would want on it!

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I would like to second this. Lumber cores are strictly material components and they are stacking up. Pruning shears would be a nice inclusion, too. I would very much like to have these in material storage. I could give up nibs, though. I only make nibs as needed and don’t usually have odd spares as they are 1:1 usage. Pruning shears, OTH, you have to plan your map currency and purchase ahead of time and store in preparation for… hedge trimming.

That said, a thousand thank yous+ for the work you have done (and redone) on this!

Afaik you can buy shears from the scribing npc

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

This is awesome! Thanks for your work on this, especially pushing through steps 12-15 (I dare say those explain the delay more than satisfactorily, and I’m sorry you had to go through them). There’s definitely a few things on the list that I don’t think need to be there, like patches, dowels, pulp, and nibs, but I certainly won’t be complaining about having extra slots to store stuff in when I accidentally make some extras.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This is fantastic.

Apart from copious amounts of “Why are you so awesome?” and “How can the devs of this game be so amazingly altruistic in the face of some of these wieners?!” or “BANK ALL OF THE THINGS, YES!!!” …

Thank you so much.
Or as the Kodan say: Gracious thanks.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I agree with most of what you have on the list. What i would cut from it though is the dowel’s. Since you can craft them in multiples of 1, you should not have any extra’s compares to the patches.

The real cuts i see though are in your Rare crafting materials. The high end mystic forge stuff should not be in there, but i believe leaving in the mystic crystals and philosopher stones. Icey runestones shouldnt be in there either nor should fractal research pages.

I do feel if your going to do agony +1, then you should also do +5 and +9 but no more. I wouldnt do the augur’s stone or mystic runestone either. But yes on both vision crystals.
Amalgameted gemstones yes, but don’t really need the doubloon’s but am fine if you do.

Cooking and scrbie look good with your list and will make them more enjoyable to actually do as a profession aswell

Posted by: Mini.1786

Mini.1786

You are a hero!!! You even included things I never imagined. Thank you so much! Next thing: make tonics wardrobe unlocks -

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

Would be quite annoying if the mystic forge items went into storage tbh. Here is a scenario, which probably most people do.
You get quite a lot of acs rings in fractals, so to salvage you usually infuse it. For that you need philosooher stones. I always keep a stack in my inv. So i could do it right away at the MF. Now if philo.stone went to mat storage I would either have to keep an extra 250 or visit bank every time. (Since deposit all would make them all dissapear). So having mat storage for MF items is rather an inconcenience for players than a help.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I know you can’t include everything and I didn’t expect you to. This list looks amazing and it will free up quite a bit of space and let me deposit some new things which is fantastic.

I am curious why many of the scribe materials that I have on my scribe weren’t included.

Lumber cores, Pruning Shears, Giant Mushroom Spore, Badges of Tribute and the like.

I generally don’t make the intermediary things like wood pulp/dowels until I’m actually crafting something but the other things I have hanging out in my inventory until I get everything else. I’d love to deposit all of these things too. They’re not consumables, they’re not components, they’re a base crafting material that comes from nodes, drops and chests. I would personally give up all the dowels and wood pulp to get these items added. I’d love to play my scribe again but I can’t easily do that until her inventory is free. (See relevant bit of her inventory attached)

Attachments:

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Would be quite annoying if the mystic forge items went into storage tbh. Here is a scenario, which probably most people do.
You get quite a lot of acs rings in fractals, so to salvage you usually infuse it. For that you need philosooher stones. I always keep a stack in my inv. So i could do it right away at the MF. Now if philo.stone went to mat storage I would either have to keep an extra 250 or visit bank every time. (Since deposit all would make them all dissapear). So having mat storage for MF items is rather an inconcenience for players than a help.

This is why invisible bags exist. I currently have a stockpile of philosopher stones/agonized essences/+1 infusions all next to each other that I use for attuning rings before I salvage them, and I’ll have to figure out what to do about them now, but I’ll happily take the ability to deposit them if I want. It’ll makkke it much more convenient when I have odd numbers after forging some things.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Thanks so much!! Also the data loss sounded harsh, how awful.

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Stupid question, but I’m guessing there’s also zero chance for these to be given their own section either in the inventory or in the hero panel? I know I sure as hell don’t want to actively use up an inventory slot on the myriad of BL stuff, but I’d be willing to use stuff like revive orbs and the like if it didn’t need to be in my inventory or a shared slot.

Posted by: Rathany.9476

Rathany.9476

For Reclaimed Metal Plates and Unid Fossilized Insect, there isn’t much reason to keep those once done with collections… unless they get new uses. I am fine with those being in the regular account vault. Ditto Chak Eggs, Philosopher’s Stones and Eldritch Scroll.

Maybe it’s because I am something of a vet player, but at this stage I’d rather see some materials slots reserved to better server new/upcoming content than older content. Cooking stuff is great, those S3 map currencies that I will be gathering and eating for ages because I have home nodes is great, scribes need some love, etc. But some stuff is a bit niche.

I really wish I’d contributed to the original list because I’d love my daily Wintersday present gathering from my tree to drop into storage, and those are crafting mats! But, oh well, I should have said at the time.

Out of curiosity, have you looked to see if any materials can be collapsed together to avoid item bloat? I am thinking specifically of the different levels of Mist Essence. Since they can be promoted and demoted anyway, why even have different levels instead of just needing different amounts? Feel free to ignore if that is a huge technical nightmare : )

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

Agree with Khani on
“Lumber cores, Pruning Shears, Giant Mushroom Spore, Badges of Tribute and the like. … They’re not consumables, they’re not components, they’re a base crafting material that comes from nodes, drops and chests. I would personally give up all the dowels and wood pulp to get these items added.”

Posted by: Smoaking.6125

Smoaking.6125

15. Put on big girl pants and redo steps 7-11

I question the need for pants for this step. Pants are never necessary.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

12. Experience data loss, resetting progress back to step 7, thus undoing all the hard parts I just did
13. Experience crushing demoralization and wallow in sadness for days while numerous people try to help recover work. This is why you should never save your docs locally and nowhere else.

Oof, had this happen to me once. Luckily it just was a loss of 4 hours of work. But this is why after every work day I save my data to two+ usb drives, my desktop, my laptop, and if it’s small to a floppy drive. I will almost always have at least 3 versions of everything important.

Bloodstone Shard
Elonian Wine
Brick of Clay
Eldritch Scoll
Mystic Binding Agents
Unid Fossilized Insect
Anthology of Heroes

So for these I don’t think they’re needed. WIth the exception of the Unidentified Fossilized Insect, all of these must be bought, and of those except for the Mystic Binding Agent they must be bought one at a time. Any reason to have more than you need is player error and I don’t think covering that is worth taking up space in the material storage.

This is especially so since these have so niche uses. Of these, I would only include Bottles of Elonian Wine, Anthology of Heroes, and Mystic Binding Agents because those three have enough uses to merit stockpiling them. Maybe Eldritch Scrolls but, honestly, I think most folks can and should just wait before buying one if they need any.

These things, like legendary gifts, feel too niche. Maybe if they got more uses in the future – and I do support using older, underused materials more often to up their value – but as is, no.

I’m not entirely sure the need for the chef or scribing stuff (particularly Scribing Kits, Finishing Kits, and Book Covers for scribing, since those have so few uses) as well, but I don’t use those enough so maybe they are an issue for those who do.

I would consider adding lumber cores and other RNG drop scribing materials like them, too. Don’t bother with the things that can be only obtained through vendors unless they have a wide variety of uses. That’s my opinion.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

You are awesome Linsey Murdock!

Yeah, she really is! I got a sneak peek at the list and I was blown away by its comprehensive nature. So happy that the devs are going to be able to make this happen!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Hierofantus.3250

Hierofantus.3250

Like what? It’s basically garbage at this point. To roll sellworthy sigil or rune u need to have some of it and visit the toilet to mix them. Not worth the time tbh. I’m fairly sure the majority of players vendor it or throw it away since it’s too big of a hassle to mix low lvl ones. A simple “deposit to storage” for them would be a good way to store a larger amount and get to mixing it. Let’s face it, low lvl sigils and rune are a means to artificially extend the time players need to get certain things done. Garbage mechanic.

As for the other things nice. Thanks for your hard work it’s not like I don’t see it or wont extend my gratitude for implementing many fun things in the game (I love the fractals current design although, I would love to see 4x daily recs + 4x dailies – reward for each tier).

Cheers!

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

All the scribing stuff needs to go into storage. I have so many acct bound scribing items that filled up my warriors inventory max lvling her scribe out it isn’t even funny. I’d rather not delete the stuff because it was spendy to make.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Please don’t listen to this guy. The portable Forge is an easily affordable item and we have shared inventory slots already. Having to go to Miyani for these minor items has always been a major annoyance for me, and hoarding all of them in the bank, even maxed out, is not enjoyable.

Also, agreed with Lumber cores, Pruning Shears, Giant Mushroom Spore, Badges of Tribute and the like.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Gendo.2370

Gendo.2370

Thanks for your work! May I also suggest the Ascended crafting materials you need for the Grandmaster Marks? Those are:

Carbonized Mithrillium Ingot
Square of Vabbian Silk
Blended Leather Sheet
Empowered Mithril Ingot
Empowered Cured Thick Leather Square
Bolt of Empowered Silk
Composite Wood Board
Weaponized Elder Wood Plank
Weaponized Cured Thick Leather Square
Weaponized Mithril Ingot

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Thank you so much for all your hard work and all those you collaborated with on this. I know my scribe character will appreciate all the new inventory space he’s about to get. I really wasn’t expecting to see the mystic forge stuff get added, that’s a wonderful surprise there. Honestly wasn’t expecting this list to be so comprehensive, just puts a smile on my face when I look at it.

I see people questioning about the dowels being in there, but as a scribe I completely understand it. A fair amount of maths goes into making stuff in any sort of number and sometimes you miscalculate and then you have left over pieces but you don’t want to get ride of since you know you’ll make more of that item a bit later. And now it’s just stuck in your inventory till that time.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Above and beyond what I expected.

Thanks for clearing our inventory and just as importantly, keeping us informed.

Great work!

Posted by: Maryth.9372

Maryth.9372

Your list is fine. I reviewed my bank and my mule toons, I do have some things I would like to raise as an appeal. Please…..please…….make a slot for:

1. Tomes of Knowledge. I don’t want to consume them all because I want to save them until I know I need spirit shards, but can retain them to insta level a new toon if I want to.

2. Rare Crests (Rabid, Shaman, Soldiers, etc.) These work the same way as orbs for making amalgamated gemstones and should store where orbs store currently

3. I am drowning in Luck. I am maxed out so consuming it is a waste. I save it for the new year thing for guild hall deco so I need a mega place to hold it. Or you need to come up with a trader where I can turn it into something useful. If no mega slot, I’d take a slot and then also a thingy to consume it (like Mawdrey)

4. I may have missed it on your list. Unidentified Dye and Boxes of Fun need a slot. These are truly crafting items and They are very slow to get while you are saving them up for high level crafting.

With these additions, I think we’d have everything we need. Thanks so much, this update to storage is so very much needed!

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Ok thanks for head-up, but when? When is it coming?

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Lindsey, appreciate the QoL improvements. However, I wish there wasn’t so many items in the first place. Maybe if we had a crafting system that can take more than 4 slots of item combinations we wouldn’t have so many intermediate items to collect.

Look at the mordrem and evergreen slivers. There’s no need for so many tiers of the same item, especially when the middle tiers dont do anything.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Consider removing Unidentified Fossilized Insect and have someone make it so its vendor equivalent (3x Sandy Bag of Gear) drops instead once the Ambrite weapons collection is completed. Would probably make Dry Top-dedicated guilds even happier.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

(edited by Cronos.6532)

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

We don’t even need the cloth spools… Just remove the item and add a crafting cost.

Posted by: Gandlos.5470

Gandlos.5470

Hey Linsey. Great work. I really appreciate it. From the work you have done up until now did anything change in terms of removing items from the current storage or is that still not possible for technical reasons?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

That list looks great.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Amalgameted gemstones yes, but don’t really need the doubloon’s but am fine if you do.

Why the gemstones, but not the doubloons? Especially the doubloons should have an inventory slot as they are drops from the game.