Additions to Material Storage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

This list looks incredible so far, it incorporates just about everything included in my in-depth post on the old thread with everything related to crafting. Tremendous work on putting this together, I can’t wait to see it when it’s completed. There are a few things remaining that I still feel like should be added into the Material Storage somewhere and I’ll try to provide a good enough reason as to why I think so.

• Siege Novice’s Guide, Siege Master’s Guide, Siege Grandmaster’s Guide.
    (Common Crafting Materials)
    These honestly aren’t too important on their own to add into the Material Storage, however they are still used in crafting different items than just Siege. The main reason I’m bringing these up again is because everything else sold by Miyani (excluding the Legendary Gifts) is showing up in your current list. This would clear up the only inconsistency with her wares, which might end up making some players confused or annoyed, especially if they mass combine Siege or spend their Spirit Shards in advance.
  • Golden Fractal Relic.
    (Rare Crafting Materials)
    They are used in a few merchants as currency, just like all of the Living Story 3 items already present in the Material Storage. Besides the sales you can use them for, they are also used in crafting the different types of Gold Fractal Weapons and they even are salvaged out of the weapons too. Once you have all of the weapons you’re interested in, there’s no use of them and will eventually become an issue like how Blade Shards are currently and we’ll be mimicking the same problems we’ve already had.
  • Amber Quantic Dipole, Azure Denaturizing Agent.
    (Rare Crafting Materials)
    These are basically just lesser quality variants of the Mists Essence items already present in the Material Storage. These both drop from Fractals and are used exclusively in the Mystic Forge for upgrading (just like the Mists Essences). Another consistency problem.
  • Integrated Fractal Matrix.
    (Ascended Materials)
    This one’s the weakest one I feel like belongs here. Its only use is being a currency so ideally this would have a space in the Wallet instead, however since it currently doesn’t and is given to players whether they need it or not, this basically turns them into their own type of Chak Egg item which were a large part of earlier complaints. The only reason I added this again was because there is nearly every step of refinement on your list and this item is loosely a refined Stabilizing Matrix.
  • Indigo Mushroom, Drop of Indigo Mushroom Milk.
    (Cooking Materials)
    These two items definitely have to be added in. They drop from all high level mushroom nodes in Tyria and are used in Cooking Recipes. They stack up faster than every other material on your list. These continue to drop even after their Legendary Collection has been completed, and considering one of those Collections is a Tier 1, this means anybody simply starting their journey towards The Bard will have these dropping for the rest of the game. Honestly these are the most frustrating items HoT added so far and absolutely deserve a place in the Material Storage more than most things.
  • Jorbreaker.
    (Festive Materials)
    Same reasoning as the last thread. You can still earn Piece of Zhaitaffy in-game (just like Candy Corn), and still access the vendor to compact them into Jorbreakers (just like Candy Corn Cob). Pieces of Zhaitaffy, Candy Corn, and Candy Corn Cobs all have a place in the Material Storage but the Jorbreaker is excluded for no reason at all, despite functioning the exact same. Basically just another inconsistency that should be cleared up for polish.
  • Rare Scribe Trophies.
    (Scribing Materials)
    I noticed the users posting before me mention them and they do sound pretty important to add to the Material Storage. These items do stack up over time and there’s nothing we can do besides keep them in our Banks, especially considering their sole purpose is being a Crafting Material. I personally see Lumber Cores, Feldspar Cores, and Pristine Feathers the most frequent and it’s very unfortunate that I have to manually bank them if I want to craft using them later.

Since you also mentioned you would be looking to make cuts to your list, I’ll provide my opinion on what items would make sense to leave out.

• Eldritch Scroll, Anthology of Heroes, & Bloodstone Shard.
    These all stand out for being items you would buy from Miyani within a minute before using them and have no possible way to earn passively or have a leftover amount (this also includes the Siege Guides mentioned above as an addition). I believe cutting these would be the least impactful compared to some of Miyani’s other stock.
  • Scribing Pulps, Nibs, Blotting Powders.
    These almost feel redundant to me considering all of the base materials used to craft these things are in the Material Storage, followed by the outcome of these items also being added to the Material Storage. I do like the thought of having almost every step of crafting material able to deposit, but if you really wanted to make cuts these would most likely be the ones with the least complaints or confusion and by far the largest amount of items removed. This would also open more space for the Rare Scribing Materials.

I feel like we should follow a consistency we can continue to build on in the future, filling in and cleaning the few small gaps in the Material Storage Update is the best way to start this, even if it does become a bit more work. I definitely understand this is no easy task and I can’t even express my gratitude towards your work ethic and amount of effort you’re putting into your pet project, since this is huge for dedicated players. It’s great to hear your progress so far and please keep up the great work! Seeing you ask for the Community’s second opinion is the way I wish every piece of this game’s development could be going. Thank you very much for reading!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Ah, and another inconvenience item that drops multiple times daily and is incredibly annoying to deal with, especially since like 95-99% of those who get it play on lvl 80 characters:

Writ of Experience

And along with it, Tomes of Knowledge.

Also, agreeing with Xalugami up there: Indigo Mushrooms as well as Bauxite Ore and other precursor collection node-drops should go into material storage. They do not sell with trash – I would’ve never started these collections had I known they would spam and clog my inventory on all characters

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: The Only EAK.9456

The Only EAK.9456

If you’re looking for something to cut, I’d say Mystic Forge Stones. If you use the Forge quite a bit, they end up being very useful items and having them hide away in Mat. Storage would be the only thing on the list that would make my life more difficult.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Lindsey, have you considered adding some more regular cooking materials? Things like Bottle of Rice Wine and Stein of Hearty Ale, that are used in recipes, but cannot be stored in the material storage.

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Also, agreeing with Xalugami up there: Indigo Mushrooms as well as Bauxite Ore and other precursor collection node-drops should go into material storage. They do not sell with trash – I would’ve never started these collections had I known they would spam and clog my inventory on all characters

I kept getting Bauxite Ore as well, however unlike Indigo Mushrooms, they stopped for me when that particular Collection was completed. On top of that, Bauxite Ore at least has a sell price so it has some form of value for extras outside of the Collection, meanwhile Indigo Mushrooms can only be crafted into consumable food buffs or deleted. I would much rather see Indigo Mushrooms disabled and removed from the drop table once their respective Collections are done instead of continue to exist as they do now, but having a slot in the Material Storage would certainly ease how often they show up. With the Indigo Mushroom Milk in the Material Storage this increases the default amount of gatherable Indigo Mushrooms you can fit from 250 to 6500 if my math is correct. I do not feel like items specifically used towards Collections have a place in the Material Storage unless they become a permanent drop for the account after completion. This is because there are players out there that do take pride in a fully maxed Material Storage (Xunlai Electrum Ingots make me cry), and having a limited window to gather a Material would actually be detrimental in this case, especially if they’ve already passed that point.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

This is because there are players out there that do take pride in a fully maxed Material Storage (Xunlai Electrum Ingots make me cry)

This is why I’d prefer to the backpack frame removed from the material storage…. I never understood why that one was added. How many accountbound backpacks would you want to craft anyway, except for leveling a crafting profession?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Terrific news. Thanks for the update.

For what it’s worth, the list looks great to me. I don’t support any of the tweaks offered above. Just because it stacks and accumulates, doesn’t mean it belongs in material storage — I think the items you’ve chosen keep that balance.

I appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated, too. Awesome work.

PS I lit a candle for your disappeared spreadsheet. I hope that helped

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

If anything, I am looking for cuts to this list, not adds.

Why should we suggest cuts??

Posted by: Morpho.1874

Morpho.1874

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion, it’s not about storage but about collection items…. I know it’s kind of not the topic here but it seems to me that it’s linked anyway.

Could you please make the collection items disapear or just not concrete items so when we do the collection we’re not flooded by them.

Posted by: Poki.8235

Poki.8235

• Lumber Cores? (Ascalonian Lumber Core, Palm Lumber Core, Alpine Lumber Core, Arid Lumber Core, Krytan Lumber Core, Coastal Lumber Core) – These are basic crafting materials for scribes that you get from harvesting nodes. Seems like something that should be in the storage to me.
  • Ore Cores like Feldspar Core? Same thing as Lumber Cores, but from ore nodes.
  • Badge of Tribute? Another Scribe crafting material. Running between the WvW Merchant and Scribing Stations is a bit annoying when you craft Blueprints.
  • All Guild Decoration Trophies like Sabetha Flamethrower Fragment Piece? This is more iffy and personal cause I can see the “Just use them” argument, but unfortunately sometimes you might want to keep them around, use them for a guild that doesn’t have a hall yet, or just not use them for guilds you’re in right now. There’s quite a bit of them and they’re taking up space.
Tyria… the dragons have always been here…

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

I know you can’t include everything and I didn’t expect you to. This list looks amazing and it will free up quite a bit of space and let me deposit some new things which is fantastic.

I am curious why many of the scribe materials that I have on my scribe weren’t included.

Lumber cores, Pruning Shears, Giant Mushroom Spore, Badges of Tribute and the like.

I generally don’t make the intermediary things like wood pulp/dowels until I’m actually crafting something but the other things I have hanging out in my inventory until I get everything else. I’d love to deposit all of these things too. They’re not consumables, they’re not components, they’re a base crafting material that comes from nodes, drops and chests. I would personally give up all the dowels and wood pulp to get these items added. I’d love to play my scribe again but I can’t easily do that until her inventory is free. (See relevant bit of her inventory attached)

This. There are still quite a few items that are base crafting materials, that we get unintentionally, and that are not on the list. Right now my wvw characters all have strategic defense maps of the mists for example.

I feel that those items are more important than some items that are in the list (or already in storage) that don’t really need it because you should only get/buy/craft them when you need them so they don’t require storage. Example : 1-use legendary stuff that was recently added to the ascended panel.

Posted by: Tiburon.8634

Tiburon.8634

I’d second the suggestion to add lumber cores.

And if you’re looking for things to cut, we could do without things like the anthology of heroes, milling basins and other things purchased from vendors. The only reason they would have to stay on the list is if they’re going to be added as loot drops in the game too.

For example, you could leave the vision crystals off the list because they are pretty expensive and most people probably won’t make too many that they don’t need, but you can get them from achievements and from the bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal gobblers, which means people can get extras regardless of whether they will use them or not, or even if they have the necessary crafting level to use them. And because they’re quite expensive they’re too valuable to simply throw away.

From the scribing section, if you’re going to drop anything it should be the scribing kits. Again, most people aren’t going to make extras just for the heck of it. And if dropping those means a higher chance that we can get lumber cores added in, that’s a great trade. Besides, what makes crafting the kits annoying is having to go craft the pen and paper materials again and again, and those are great additions to the list.

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

+1 for Xalugami.2096
The cooking stuff (Indigo Mushroom & Drop of Indigo Mushroom Milk) should be added

Posted by: Kolzi.5928

Kolzi.5928

icy runestones and mystic runestones being in seperate areas seems weird to me.

List looks great, overkill if anything. The Miyani-bought materials seem an odd choice. I do keep a stockpile of philosophers stones so I can easily infuse rings on the fly and might consider keeping mystic crystals, but eldritch scrolls seem like something you just buy and use when you need it.

I’m really glad you decided to add certain cooking refinements – bakers wet and dry ingredients in particular. Also, MILLING BASINS YES!

Anyway thank you very much Linsey <3

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

OMG that is going to clear up so much bank space!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I have like stuff from half your list sitting in my bank tabs, waiting to be used. And my scribe character has a bag full of stuff that will be getting their lil box now too.
No matter what some might say, yes to your whole list. its awesome!
I can’t wait for it to get finalized and implemented.
You are a gift to GW2 players everywhere that are compulsive hoarders.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Fantastic job!

The only thing not on the list I can think of is the Strategic Defense Map of the Mists.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Can we vote on favorite dev and make all the others feel bad (cuz Linsey wins)?

Posted by: thod.5471

thod.5471

Ty for this awesome list, I would see Augur Stone (because if we need it, we have to quit crafting panel and go to see miyani, boring) and Vision crystal (minor and classical) too.

Consider removing Unidentified Fossilized Insect and have someone make it so its vendor equivalent (3x Sandy Bag of Gear) drops instead once the Ambrite weapons collection is completed. Would probably make Dry Top-dedicated guilds even happier.
Move Glint’s Bastion collection achievement item “Crystalized Scarab” to Buried Locked Chests or a different vendor.

Oooh, that reminds me something ^^ :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6a5bkg/qol_change_ambrite_fossilized_insect_reward_in/

Posted by: windwarrior.2690

windwarrior.2690

I would like to make the case for Grandmaster Marks

As they currently are, they are an intermediate crafting item needed when using alternative currencies to buy ascended equipment. As long as they stay that way, I had the feeling that they were similar like panels/linings/shafts/… and therefore were not to be included. However, the last patch introduced them as a reward in PvP, and it is probably inevitable that that will not be the only direct source of marks.

A category that I like to get added is Legendary Weapon Shards, I have the feeling that the ascended material group is getting out of control and since they are so niche for me, I rather have them in a seperate group so I can ignore them.

Posted by: shejesa.3712

shejesa.3712

I think, since we have +1 Agony on the list, we should have all from +2 to +15 as well. Just few FotM runs grant you a full stack

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hello !

Thanks a lot for that update and sorry for your loss.

As some did, I’d like to point the new ascended materials made for WvW ascended gear, that should go in the ascended collection as well.

Posted by: balwin.1435

balwin.1435

I really like this list and I will be very happy when this is implemented, because most of this stuff is cluttering my inventory in one form or the other.
There are a few things I wouldn’t mind if they wouldn’t get a material slot, but I will not complain about it, because the more material slots I have the better.
One thing I would like to see as an addition are the lumber core, which have been mentioned by several people already.
But nonetheless great work and I’m looking forward to see this in the game.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Ah, and another inconvenience item that drops multiple times daily and is incredibly annoying to deal with, especially since like 95-99% of those who get it play on lvl 80 characters:

Writ of Experience

And along with it, Tomes of Knowledge.

Writs of experience have been annoying ever since they came out. they should simply be replaced by potions that you can consume anytime, with the option to still convert 20 of them into tomes.

For Tomes, I feel that there are much better solutions for it. Starting with a “Consume All” option and ending with more incentives for players to actually spend their spirit shards often.

Spirit Shards can be a good source of gold, but crafting stacks of items in the mystic Forge is so slow, so painful, so boring compared to normal crafting stations that only rich players bother doing it by crafting rare, expensive items instead.

A feature patch focused on streamlining and improving the mystic toilet would go a long way to make spirit shards more appealing, and thus tomes.

Interesting note: I have absolutely no idea how many spirit shards I have. I haven’t cared about them for years. And I don’t think most people do, neither. It’s that currency where you are consistently obtaining it through the game but rarely have a use for it.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I agree with:

- Removing the MF vendor items
- Adding the base grandmaster mark materials such as vabbian silk, carbonized ingot, etc as they are very similar to their deldrimor steel ingot, etc counterparts.

Everything else is fine as is. I disagree with the many tomes of knowledge requests – stick it in your bank, consume them on 80s, or use them on lowbies. A lot of us will already be gaining additional bank space from this update.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I am curious why many of the scribe materials that I have on my scribe weren’t included.

Lumber cores, Pruning Shears, Giant Mushroom Spore, Badges of Tribute and the like.

I generally don’t make the intermediary things like wood pulp/dowels until I’m actually crafting something but the other things I have hanging out in my inventory until I get everything else. I’d love to deposit all of these things too. They’re not consumables, they’re not components, they’re a base crafting material that comes from nodes, drops and chests. I would personally give up all the dowels and wood pulp to get these items added. I’d love to play my scribe again but I can’t easily do that until her inventory is free. (See relevant bit of her inventory attached)

Seconded. Those are basic components for scribing, and cannot be crafted from stashable subcomponents, so they fulfill your requirements. Moreover, most of these are drops, so there’s a big probability they will just keep gathering in your inventory space before you will have a need for them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

The list looks fine to me as is. I’d rather not cut down on anything. Thanks for the great work!

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Writs of experience have been annoying ever since they came out. they should simply be replaced by potions that you can consume anytime, with the option to still convert 20 of them into tomes.

Exactly what are you suggesting to change in their functionality? Because I can’t see any effective change, just a rename to potion.

I agree on your point that Writs and Tomes have no place in the material collection, and a “use all” feature on tomes would be awesome!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Many kudos for the potential additions list. I can imagine the work that went into compiling it (especially with the data loss and repeated steps, been here done that).

I’d love to see everything on it make it into material storage, but I understand the desire to potentially cut some of the items if at all possible. There’s a lot there.

From my perspective, I definitely want to see things like blade shards, mystic forge stones, ice runestones, and the HoT collectibles (chak eggs, plates, etc) make it in. Primarily because these kinds of things are collected over time, for me, and I’m not always at or near a bank to drop them out of my inventory so I can move on with my game play. I could probably go through the entire list and compile my ‘highly recommended’ added items, but it might be a bit redundant.

As for things we could cut – the cooking, scribing, core refinement components could all be cut. I’m sure absolutely no one will be pleased with this suggestion, which I do understand. However, we have managed thus far. I’ve leveled cooking, I know what it’s like to have all the cooking sub components sitting around waiting for the next step because you don’t have quite everything you need to move on. I can imagine scribe is much the same way, with intermediate steps. However, generally speaking, when we’re working with these items we’re at a work station with access to our bank vaults to ‘easily’ clean these out of our inventory, so we can carry on with our game play. (Assuming you have room in your bank, I know not all people do)

I suppose that’s one way to look at this list of items. The ease of getting them out of one’s inventory during a play session.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Exactly what are you suggesting to change in their functionality? Because I can’t see any effective change, just a rename to potion

Currently, writs of experience can’t be used on lv80 characters.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d second the suggestion to add lumber cores.

And if you’re looking for things to cut, we could do without things like the anthology of heroes, milling basins and other things purchased from vendors. The only reason they would have to stay on the list is if they’re going to be added as loot drops in the game too.

For example, you could leave the vision crystals off the list because they are pretty expensive and most people probably won’t make too many that they don’t need, but you can get them from achievements and from the bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal gobblers, which means people can get extras regardless of whether they will use them or not, or even if they have the necessary crafting level to use them. And because they’re quite expensive they’re too valuable to simply throw away.

From the scribing section, if you’re going to drop anything it should be the scribing kits. Again, most people aren’t going to make extras just for the heck of it. And if dropping those means a higher chance that we can get lumber cores added in, that’s a great trade. Besides, what makes crafting the kits annoying is having to go craft the pen and paper materials again and again, and those are great additions to the list.

I want to keep the milling basins & crystalline jars on the list. Those to me are like Thermocatalytic Reagents or Spools of thread. Need them in high amounts and would just rather buy a bunch and store them.

To get my base (droppable from node/event/mob) scribe mats added I’d say remove the dowels, wood pulp and scribe kits. The only reason I have extra dowels or scribe kits in my inventory is due to my own math error on how many I needed to make. Those are craft-able in quantities of 1 so you can just make those on-demand as you need them.

Posted by: TempestMoon.5403

TempestMoon.5403

Great additions. I personally would like to add writs and tomes of experience but can do without.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Is there no consideration for a toybox as well with tonics, riders, etc? :< Having one similar to minis would be really great.

Toys in general is already a pretty big part of the game involved in many rewards and the gemstore and just like minis, it isn’t feasible to make good use of them when there are hundreds.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Love the brutal honesty of steps 12-15…

It’s good to see some of the ‘staples’ going in. One of the things that’s been holding me back from even really getting started on scribing is ending up with a pile of things that I really don’t want to just get rid of, but where it might be a long time before I actually use them. Leveling up cooking left me with enough of those to begin with. Making some of the cooking staples easier to store is going to make things quite a bit easier on its own, and the scribing staples being in will mean I can actually get started without my inventory getting stuffed. Looking forward to it!

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: UnbalancedJ.5386

UnbalancedJ.5386

• No Instant Repair Canisters, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Merchant Express, Revive Orb. Please just use these.

Revive Orb

We don’t double-click Revive Orbs in our inventory anymore. We click the UI option to “Consume a Revive Orb” alongside the usual “Return to Waypoint” option.

Many many thanks for all your work on this project! (And yes, I have max shared inventory slots and am still desperate for more.)

Posted by: Britannicus.4782

Britannicus.4782

As other users have mentioned here and on reddit, there is a strong case for adding the components of grandmaster marks to the list. I believe these were added after the exhaustive survey was done, so it makes sense that they aren’t on the list. That said, these are important crafting materials relevant to very many players since they are used in pvp, pve, and wvw!

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Good news.

But I cannot find some items such as “Essence of Time” on your list

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

A lot of weird things would be nice to have storage for.
Keys of Greater Nightmares
Bandit Skeleton KeysPact Crowbars
Exalted Keys
Zephyrite Lockpick
Machetes
Completed Aetherkey
Silverwastes Shovels

Chak Eggs
Reclaimed Metal Plates

Tenebrous Crystals
Philosopher’s Stones
Lesser Vision Crystals
Golden Fractal Relics
Vision Crystals
Siege Novice’s Guides
Amalgamated Gemstones

Gifts of Battle
Tomes of Knowledge
Writs of Experience
Badge of Tribute

Blueprints: Ram, Ac, cata and so on

Scribe items:
Ascalonian Lumber Cores
Krytan Lumber Cores
Alpine Lumber Cores
Pristine Feathers
Feldspar Cores
Tubs of Wood Glue

Having bank storage for scribe items like; Finishing Kit, Orichalcum Craftsman’s Hammer, Arid Lumber Core, Jug of Water, Bag of Mortar, Sandpapers, Elder Wood Pen, Master’s Ink Set, Bag of Incandescent Blotting Powder and so on.

Maybe even tonics

I know we can buy storage for bigger stacks. I wish stuff like: Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore and Empyreal Fragments would get alot more, as its mats we get a lot of

(edited by Nannabie.6943)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the update, Lindsey! Sorry to hear about the technical issues that resulted in the lost work, but at least we’re back on track. (And yes, this is why I have gotten into the habit of saving at least two copies of my work! There is always one local copy on my work PC, a backup copy saved to the company network (this stuff is always the latest “official” version, while the one on my PC tends to have the latest “in progress” changes, and one last copy on a removable drive that I save to at the end of every work day both as a backup and in case I need to do any work on it at home.)

Anyway, this will definitely save me a LOT of bank space, even though I think that some of the options (like the dowels and patches) are probably unnecessary since they are usually only crafted or bought when needed. It’s not like you receive them as loot from general adventuring.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d like to see added:
Lumber and Ore cores
Badges of Tribute

Things I wouldn’t mind seeing removed:
Bloodstone Shards, Anthology of Heroes, and Runestones.

Things I don’t want to see added that have been requested:
Keys and Shovels. No, I don’t want them to vanish into my bank as I’m depositing the stuff I salvage from Silverwastes chest trains, Sandstorm farms, Cargo Runs, Auric Basement, or the chak tunnels.

• No Instant Repair Canisters, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Merchant Express, Revive Orb. Please just use these.

Revive Orb

We don’t double-click Revive Orbs in our inventory anymore. We click the UI option to “Consume a Revive Orb” alongside the usual “Return to Waypoint” option.

Many many thanks for all your work on this project! (And yes, I have max shared inventory slots and am still desperate for more.)

You can’t use a revive orb from the bank.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

A lot of weird things would be nice to have storage for.
Keys of Greater Nightmares
Bandit Skeleton KeysPact Crowbars
Exalted Keys
Zephyrite Lockpick
Machetes
Completed Aetherkey
Silverwastes Shovels

Chak Eggs
Reclaimed Metal Plates

Tenebrous Crystals
Philosopher’s Stones
Lesser Vision Crystals
Golden Fractal Relics
Vision Crystals
Siege Novice’s Guides
Amalgamated Gemstones

Gifts of Battle
Tomes of Knowledge
Writs of Experience
Badge of Tribute

Blueprints: Ram, Ac, cata and so on

Scribe items:
Ascalonian Lumber Cores
Krytan Lumber Cores
Alpine Lumber Cores
Pristine Feathers
Feldspar Cores
Tubs of Wood Glue

Having bank storage for scribe items like; Finishing Kit, Orichalcum Craftsman’s Hammer, Arid Lumber Core, Jug of Water, Bag of Mortar, Sandpapers, Elder Wood Pen, Master’s Ink Set, Bag of Incandescent Blotting Powder and so on.

Maybe even tonics

I know we can buy storage for bigger stacks. I wish stuff like: Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore and Empyreal Fragments would get alot more, as its mats we get a lot of

Did you even read the front post?

Keys are being planned for something else to resolve the issue.

Blueprints are not happening because legit players that use them won’t be happy about cleaning their bags when blueprints get shoved in material storage and no way to retrieve them.

These items are already going to be added that you listed:

Chak Eggs
Reclaimed Metal Plates
Tenebrous Crystals
Philosopher’s Stones
Lesser Vision Crystals
Vision Crystals
Amalgamated Gemstones

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Nice work Linsey & team!

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m very happy with the list as is. I suspect there may be more items, but just doing the list as it would be excellent, and anything after that would be cleanup.

One caution, though: The mystic forge doesn’t currently access bank storage, so many of the mystic-only items could be counter-productive. On the other hand, showing banked items in the left pane at the forge could make it enormous. So, I’m not sure what the solution is. But, it’s something to think about for the future.

For now, though, excellent work!

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Rare Crafting Materials
Bloodstone Shard
Elonian Wine
Brick of Clay
- I agree with above arguments on why these items can be removed from your list without having a significant impact on players

Chad Eggs
Eldritch Scroll
Mystic Forge Stone
- I disagree with others above and do think these ought to stay on

Unid Fossilized Insect
- I cannot comment on these because I never get them, ever. However I think the question introduced earlier is a better one to ask than should they stay or go: what use should this item have once the collection is complete for those who have a better drop rate than I do?

Ascended Materials
+1 Agony Infusion
Anthology of Heroes
Augur’s Stones
Lesser Vision Crystal
Vision Crystal
Mystic Runestone
- Please keep all these on the list!

Gemstones and Jewels
Amalgamated Gemstones
Copper Doubloon
Gold Doubloon
Platinum Doubloon
Silver Doubloon
- I second the request to add crests here since they are functionally the same as some of the gems.

Scribing Materials (new)
- THANK YOU! I just finished Scribe 400 and am really looking forward to this!
that said, I do agree with the many requests above that the lumber & ore cores belong on the scribing list.

“I’ll hear you out, but know I will be a hard sell. If anything, I am looking for cuts to this list, not adds.”

Even if we do not get any of the proposed additions/subtractions that have been presented in this thread what you are doing here is a HUGE quality of life improvement! Thank you!

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Gotta say, this is about as big as an expansion for me. I seriously doubted the possibility of moving some of those items and expected a much smaller list. It looks like you had already cleared the issue of the effect on potential gem shop sales of storage items before even opening the topic. Very wise. THANK YOU!

Can we assume that number 10 on your list might generate additional storage changes?
Clearly, some of us always want more…..

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

“Yeah yeah yeah, lady, but WHAT’S ON THE LIST!?”

The list is a lot longer than I thought it would be.
I could live with less items on the list, but I will be happy with all 125.
The one addition I would like to see are the lvl 65 Crests to go into the “Doubloon category”), which are pretty much the same thing than Orbs, without the ability to promotion via crafting.
Keep the Unid Fossils (which are kind of up for debate here on the forum thread)
I’d rather see the rare random scribing items (Arid Lumber Core etc.) than the Nibs, Pulp and Book Covers, if you have to chose. (Having the Kits there is great, because they can be created in bulk and left for the final construction of the decoration)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If anything, I am looking for cuts to this list, not adds.

Why should we suggest cuts??

She’s asking for feedback. She’s already collected a ton of preferences from us, so she’s confident that there’s nothing missing from the list. Now, she wants to know if there is anything on it that we think is better off not being moved to material storage.

You like the current list? Great, +1 the OP. You want something adding? Suggest it (but don’t expect it to make the list).

And more importantly, if you think something on the list doesn’t belong, let Linsey know.

tl;dr you need not suggest anything.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I wake up, come to the forums (after making coffee of course) and the first thing I see is this post.

Alchemy Linsey, I love you!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Amazing list and a lot of work, I’m ecstatic. Had a quick look while on holiday and find the QoL update of the year!

As for feedback:

• Lumber cores need to make the list, they’re a base ingredient you get from gathering, not bought, etc.
  • Luck. Since we can promote it through crafting, it needs to be in there. It’s a waste of space until processed and a pain to deal with.
  • Items purchased with spirit shards can go, they’re purchased when needed. Anyone hoarding those is literally making problems for themselves. Dowels and patches too, but to a lesser extent (or you could just remove patches from the game all together…)
  • Baubles and bauble bubbles aren’t materials, so I’m fine with them not making the cut – they belong in the wallet since they’re a currency. If baubles can’t go there for technical reasons, bauble bubbles still can as they’re not used in SAB itself, just at Moto’s vendor tabs.
  • Boosters, tonics, BLC stuff, etc aren’t materials either – so they don’t belong in the material storage. These things needs to be added to a new UI panel, in the hero panel or something. As they are, they just sit in most players’ banks or are used quickly just to save space. The hero panel’s tabs can easily be condensed to make room if need be.
  • Remove piles of silky sand from the game. Adjust drop rates of items dropped from sand accordingly and change the recipe for the focus. It’s a waste of space scattered around characters.
  • Keyring, gemstore scroll book and LWS3 portal scroll book. While not part of the material storage, keys act as currencies and the scrolls are supposed to be convenience items! Obviously this should be another project, not thrown on to your workload now.
  • Slightly off topic, but the material storage needs a tidy up. LWS3 map currencies either need their own tab or to be made currencies which can be traded in for unbound magic at vendors. Other items are also in categories which do not match their actual rarity.

And I think that’s all, good work!

(edited by Chameleon Dude.1564)

Posted by: arpodz.5196

arpodz.5196

This is wonderful. For the minor sigils please remove them from the game or make them not drop from salvage or classify them as junk so when you select sell junk they go away.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I just wanted to add another “You’re awesome, Linsey” post. You’re awesome, Linsey. Thank you for your hard work on this, and thank you to everyone else who has worked on it and will continue to work on it.