Additions to Material Storage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Fixing broken forum bug.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Key ring or equivalent is coming soon. Pieces are like sand, just use them and make the keys. Opening Aether chests isn’t worth it nowadays anyway

WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOOA there. A key ring is NOT “coming soon”, please manage your expectations. I have indicated that I would prefer to address keys through a key ring, however, I have NOT found anyone to do that work and it can’t be me personally. Considering that, a key ring is currently in indefinite limbo until I can find someone willing to take it on as a side project.

welp time to cancel my subscription. hey psst I’m a software engineer let Tom Stankus or Kevin Simons know I’m available for a remote position :^)

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

(edited by Cronos.6532)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Key ring or equivalent is coming soon. Pieces are like sand, just use them and make the keys. Opening Aether chests isn’t worth it nowadays anyway

WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOOA there. A key ring is NOT “coming soon”, please manage your expectations. I have indicated that I would prefer to address keys through a key ring, however, I have NOT found anyone to do that work and it can’t be me personally. Considering that, a key ring is currently in indefinite limbo until I can find someone willing to take it on as a side project.

welp time to cancel my subscription. hey psst I’m a software engineer let Tom Stankus or Kevin Simons know I’m available for a remote position :^)

Hope you spend those zero dollars on something useful bud

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Ascended crafting materials that make Grandmaster Marks. This is going to be a tough one. There are a lot of items here. I’ll consult with the PvP team and my fellow rewards folks.

At least include marks because you can get them as rewards from PvP leagues, and having them litter your bank/inventory would be super annoying. It would be different if they were strictly crafted to be immediately used, but that’s not the case.

I’d argue the opposite here.

The marks are used only for armour/weapons, and are more currency than material. I’d say they’re like blades or panels in crafting – made from the relevant materials to be used to obtain an armour piece. however, unlike blades or panels, they’re used to buy rather than craft, and they can be dropped by PvP chests.

however, they’re not crafting materials – you don’t craft with them.

The materials however, are different. Things like the empowered mithril ingot are a bit borderline, and I wouldn’t lose sleep if they’re not added.

The mini T7 mats should be though. Blended Leather Sheets, Squares of Vabbian Silk, Carbonized Metal Ingots, and Composite Wood Boards are all used in crafting, and are generic enough that I could easily see them being reused in the future. I’d definitely suggest putting those in, if nothing else. (plus, due to the time-gating on them and the number of marks needed, they’re almost never gonna be made as they’re needed.

(edited by Gray.9041)

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

I understand why tonics wouldn’t work to store in the crafting tab, but would something like the wardrobe page for minis be a possibility somewhere down the track for tonics?

It seems a lot of the same advantages to committing your minis to their wardrobe tab, eg, not having to keep them in inventory, accessing them from all characters, could also apply to tonics.

Edit:

Tonics definitely don’t belong in material storage, but I’m sure more than a few people would be ecstatic if toys and tonics had their own accessibility tab.

Toys and EL tonics should really be managed the same way as minis where you can either keep the item and use it, or consume it and permanently unlock it. It doesn’t make sense to expect people to keep so much inventory for cosmetics.

What this person said basically

(edited by Autumnmane.3574)

Posted by: Nightgunner.2896

Nightgunner.2896

We used to have (and I still have several) miniatures in Material Storage. Thus, if those slots can never be (truly) removed, how about one for Queen Jennah and maybe Risen Priest of Balthazar (I don’t think many use the recipe for Obsidian Shards with the value of Mystic Coins)?

How about asking whomever would be in charge of item IDs to stack (or move to storage) the L20 (at least) scrolls?

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

To both your questions: that’s not how this works on the back end. I can’t use old mini storage or move a couple of minis out of it. There isn’t anyone “in charge of item IDs” and there is no ability to make two different item IDs stack.

Assuming the type of an item can be changed, it should be possible to make one of the two level 20 scroll types into a “service” item that grants one of the other level 20 scroll item and destroys itself on login, or a consumable that grants one of the other level 20 scroll item.

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

- Fine Crafting Materials
good

- Core Refinements (new)
I had never many spares of this not even during leveling years ago. I think the main reason people have this are miscalculations or missclicks. Those are usually sold on TP.. The TP market of this Items will die if people store and forget.

- Fine Crafting Materials
good

- Rare Crafting Materials
Pretty good, e.g. if you buy too much at Miyani.
But as Icy Runestone only have one Vendor as supply and are used very limited you won’t usually have any spares. Same goes for Bloodstone Shards

- Ascended Materials
Pretty Good, but +1 Infusions will be full very fast

- Gemstones and Jewels
good

- Cooking Staples (new)
Same as Core Refinements

- Scribing Materials
Same as Core Refinements + Scribe is still very niche

So overall – 3 whole categories will be empty for a long time if not forever, rest is good

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

We have already headed down the road of including them, we aren’t going to stop now.

Yes these are niche items, used for one thing. The reason why I still think they are valid to go into storage, is because they are part of long tail rewards where you might have a stack of them sitting around for a long time before using them. There are a few other things like this that we have chosen to include.

Things to think about a bit more:
• Miyani Items. A lot of folks have rightly pointed out that all of Miyani’s items should go into storage. I haven’t made a final determination on this yet, but it’s likely that we will cut at least some of these from the list.
-snip-
• Badges of Tribute. We said no to these largely because of how you get them and use them. They are bought from a vendor and can be immediately consumed by crafting low-ish cost items with them. I will check in with the WvW team to see if they disagree with that sentiment.
• Mystic Runestone. If I am going to put in Icy Runestone, I should probably put in this one as well.

I really don’t think you should include all of Miyani’s items. Eldritch Scrolls and especially Bloodstone Shards are so little use and with the sole source being Miyani that the only reason you’d have them cluttering your inventory is if you miscalculated how many you’d need when making multiple exotics/legendaries at once (and how often do you do that?) or because you chose to let it clutter your inventory.

The same, in fact, goes towards the new legendary items that have been getting put into the storage (and “we’ve begun doing such so we’re not going to stop now” is a horribly terrible excuse to keep doing something – if you start doing heroine, are you going to keep doing heroine solely because you started? In the end, it’s harmful and unnecessary). It might be for a long term goal like you said, but you actively chose when to get them. They’re not drops. So the only time they’re cluttering the inventory is when you chose to let them clutter your inventory.

Same also goes for Badges of Tribute and Mystic Runestones.

And regarding Mystic Runestones – unlike Icy Runestones, Mystic Runestones have one purpose: generation 2 legendary weapons. Icy Runestones are used for four ascended backpieces, the Offerings of Koda, a guild upgrade, and a scribing recipe – things in which you may need to or want to save up on. Though truth be told… why did we even need Mystic Runestones? They’re fully identical except easier acquisition due to vendor(s) placement.

• Marks, Talismans, Seals, Medallions, and Crests. I have almost zero desire to put all 25 into storage, but I will rethink Crests specifically because of their inclusion in Amalgamated Gemstone crafting.

If you’re going to include all gemstones and all doubloons, you might as well include all marks, talismans, seals, etc.

The only difference between the three is that you can only upgrade gemstones. The solution to this is obvious – give marks, talismans, etc. upgrading recipes in jewelery (as, IMO, they should have gotten from the beginning).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

this is not a material to store, but can you make dungeon weapon box stackable just like armor box?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And regarding Mystic Runestones – unlike Icy Runestones, Mystic Runestones have one purpose: generation 2 legendary weapons. Icy Runestones are used for four ascended backpieces, the Offerings of Koda, a guild upgrade, and a scribing recipe – things in which you may need to or want to save up on. Though truth be told… why did we even need Mystic Runestones? They’re fully identical except easier acquisition due to vendor(s) placement.

That’s actually a good point – why are Mystic Runestones a thing? Wouldn’t just be easier to reuse Icy ones?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

No key rings? Awwww so many keys… so many chars…. so hard to manage. I know there are shared Invent. slot but you need so many just for keys. Maybe make like a skeleton/Master key? Possible? pretty please with strawberry on top. ;D

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

If no Luck, please provide a secondary use. Thanks

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

That’s actually a good point – why are Mystic Runestones a thing? Wouldn’t just be easier to reuse Icy ones?

Without Scholar of Secrets, you wouldn’t be able to buy Mystic Runestones, therefore you wouldn’t be able to finish the Gen 2 legendaries.

The original 4 Gen 2 legendaries (HOPE, Nevermore, Chuka and Champawat, and Astralaria) do not use Mystic Runestones because you need Scholar of Secrets to buy the Tier 4 recipes for them.

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Please reconsider Tomes of Knowledge, or better yet have someone add more uses for them. Maybe add a converter for things like tomes, obsidian shards, ascended items like auric dust, airship oil etc.

Also would it be possible to have a way to consolidate black lion salvage kits into a single item? I am very grateful to get them, but they take up so much space, and I don’t get exotics very often.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Could always make Tomes of Knowledge be included in a new recipe that would let you craft level 20, 30, and 40 scrolls with the respectable amount of tomes.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Without Scholar of Secrets, you wouldn’t be able to buy Mystic Runestones, therefore you wouldn’t be able to finish the Gen 2 legendaries.

The original 4 Gen 2 legendaries (HOPE, Nevermore, Chuka and Champawat, and Astralaria) do not use Mystic Runestones because you need Scholar of Secrets to buy the Tier 4 recipes for them.

Not to pull this off-topic, but don’t you need that mastery to buy the recipes for the newer Gen2 legendaries anyways? Pretty sure the Scholar of Secrets mastery unlocks the four achievements and unlocks the recipes from Hobbs.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

Rejected:
• No Lumber Cores or Pruning Shears. We count these as trophies used for guild hall decorations which I already mentioned we opted to not include.
• No Strategic Defense Map of the Mists. Used in very few things at a low cost.

Well, that’s a bit disappointing. Those and other items like the Pristine Feathers are only used for crafting and have a required crafting profession and level. I’ll probably never really understand why these items won’t be classified as crafting mats.

I’m still very grateful and excited about this and happy for whatever does make it into the list.

Rejected:
• Miyani Items. A lot of folks have rightly pointed out that all of Miyani’s items should go into storage. I haven’t made a final determination on this yet, but it’s likely that we will cut at least some of these from the list.

I still say that anything you can buy one at a time does not need to be included. People can buy them and use them as needed. The only reason to store them is if you miscalculate and buy too many. I’d rather see items that can legitimately need storage be included over items that don’t. For the items you can buy one at a time how about having the ability to sell them back to Miyani?

Rejected:
• Marks, Talismans, Seals, Medallions, and Crests. I have almost zero desire to put all 25 into storage, but I will rethink Crests specifically because of their inclusion in Amalgamated Gemstone crafting.

I totally agree that there’s no reason to have all 25. I would love to see just the Crests included.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Please Add things like Salt and Pepper to material storage!

Here are some notes on how we chose what:
• No “components” has been my go to up til now but you will notice there are a bunch of things here that might be called “component”. The ways I softened but did not eliminate this rule is two fold: 1) allow a second tier of refinement like dowels and patches which are used cross discipline, 2) allow a number of scribing and cooking components that feel very core to the disciple and are used over and over throughout but did not have OTHER components in their ingredients which are also being added to storage (eg no herbed stocks because base stocks go in).
• No Inscriptions and Insignias. I just felt that there were too many and there were more important things that crafters were more likely to be holding on to for longer.
• No sigils and runes. I believe there are WAY better solutions to this problem.
• No legendary gifts. Too many. Too niche.
• No Piles of Silky Sand. Just consume them, geez.
• No SAB Baubles and Bubble Baubles. I spoke with the SAB designers and this is a technical limitation with how that stuff all works in SAB.
• No WvW Blueprints. I spoke with the WvW designers and they felt that this would create a bad user experience for players who legit use blueprints.
• No Black Lion stuff. There is a combination of technical issues and a lack of desire for those to work that way.
• No Boosters, Tonics, Foods (general food consumables not the core cooking ingredients), utility buff, and potions. Just no. Seriously. There are way too many and there is a whole host of reasons why you just get a no.
• No Instant Repair Canisters, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Merchant Express, Revive Orb. Please just use these.

EDIT: This was partially cut off.

• No Luck. Just no.
• No trophy items that make specific decorations etc for the guild hall. Too many. Too niche.
• No keys. There are better solutions for keys that we have not yet had time to pursue and I want to leave room for us to do those things instead.

EDIT2:

Reminder: Once an item has been added to Material Storage, it can never be removed or moved to a different category. However, I did get a small piece of tech to allow me to re-organize within each bucket and I’ll be doing some re-ordering work as part of this update.

Rejected:
• No Lumber Cores or Pruning Shears. We count these as trophies used for guild hall decorations which I already mentioned we opted to not include.
• No Golden Fractal Relic + Integrated Fractal Matrix. I discussed these with the Fractals team extensively throughout the process and they opted to investigate other solutions.
• No Writs and Tomes. I do not want to put in consumables of this nature.
• No Strategic Defense Map of the Mists. Used in very few things at a low cost.
• No Toys and Tonics. These are so outside of any of our qualifications for going into storage that I can’t believe I am having to explain why they aren’t going in.
• No Essence of Time. It is a trophy used in two things, one of them being a decoration.

• Indigo Mushrooms + Mushroom Milk. I’m really on the fence about this one. I had wanted to allow them to keep dropping because they do make foods that can continue to be used, but I don’t particularly want to include them in storage because of how you start acquiring them. I’ll think about it more though.
• Badges of Tribute. We said no to these largely because of how you get them and use them. They are bought from a vendor and can be immediately consumed by crafting low-ish cost items with them. I will check in with the WvW team to see if they disagree with that sentiment.
• Mystic Runestone. If I am going to put in Icy Runestone, I should probably put in this one as well.
• Ascended crafting materials that make Grandmaster Marks. This is going to be a tough one. There are a lot of items here. I’ll consult with the PvP team and my fellow rewards folks.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I was just thinking, to create an all new utility tab in the bank:
-all runes and sigils
-move the equipable gems from the old tab to this new tab
-keys and unlockables
Anything else in doubt

Vegeta.2563

I’m curious if this is going to be ready for Episode 6 on July 25th..

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

Seems highly unlikely. And even if Linsey has had a chance to complete the work, it surely deserves a patch all to itself!

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Vegeta.2563

Seems highly unlikely. And even if Linsey has had a chance to complete the work, it surely deserves a patch all to itself!

I know right.. I’m just excited for the changes.. esp being able to deposit amalgamated gemstones lol

Posted by: sigshane.4571

sigshane.4571

I haven’t seen Blade Shard in any of the lists – is this considered too niche an item?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I haven’t seen Blade Shard in any of the lists – is this considered too niche an item?

From the first post in the thread:

Fine Crafting Materials
Blade Shards
Shimmering Crystals
Tenebrous Crystals”

Posted by: sigshane.4571

sigshane.4571

From the first post in the thread:

Fine Crafting Materials
Blade Shards
Shimmering Crystals
Tenebrous Crystals”

Ahh. Thanks.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s not in the patch notes but many of these things will now go into storage! THANK YOU!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It’s not in the patch notes but many of these things will now go into storage! THANK YOU!

By the Alchemy! Thank you!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What?! REALLY?!

~cheers~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Give this woman a raise and a promotion! Seriously, thanks for doing this!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

How about a storage slot for the crystals used for guild armaments?
Shimmering and tenebrous crystals

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

How about a storage slot for the crystals used for guild armaments?
Shimmering and tenebrous crystals

They’re in now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have sooo many empty Bank Storage slots now; thank you, Lindsey, so very much.

You da best!!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Not in game yet but a HUGE THANK YOU in advance. And yes give Linsey some credits in the patch notes please!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Thank you linsey, good work (MO you should give her a bonus).

Also, this is very ungrateful to the dev, that it’s not in patch notes, so Gaile, plz fix!

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Thank you Lindsey!!!! Great Job! <3

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

thank you linsey))))))))

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Snuck it in there :P

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Rejected:

As the guild scribe I question this….I can’t give them to the guild to hold onto and some recipes require 5, 10 sometimes even 50 of an item in order to craft one decoration. It’s no more niche than blade shards which have even less use after you’ve crafted the backpieces. I can always craft more trees/shrubs/etc and have them be useful but I still can’t really play my scribe because her inventory is full of these “trophies”. Which is a shame because I love my scribe character and would love to play her without having to stop every 5 minutes to clear her bags because they’re full.

I do thank you for the things we can deposit now. I’m not ungrateful for the additions at all but why let badges of tribute be depositable but not my lumber cores, grass seeds, pruning shears, etc?

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

So many empty slots in my bank now, I feel poor. Please undo.

Just kidding, love the changes and the new sorting and alignment.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Thanks again for this, Linsey and Team!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Best part of Episode 6! Thanks, Linsey!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

This is already fantastic! Now I have to go through alts and deposit some of the newly depositable stuff I have in their bags :P

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Thank you for the great work on this!

Little sad about tomes not being included…maybe we could get more items to purchase with spirit shards

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Thank you so much for the expanded storage!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]