Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: De Dam.2961

De Dam.2961

Adnul Irongut is UNBEATABLE unless you are very VERY lucky.
He can block your Bluff for 3 rounds with his signature which he can use unlimited while we can only use it ONCE in the entire battle AND he can block Bluff at random without signature. there are no patterns in his attacks whatsoever. It’s really awful.
FIX THIS NPC !!!!! He is waaaaaay too overpowered and it’s keeping me from continuing to the last challenge in the Bazaar which only lasts for another week or so.
I understand you want to give us a good challenge so not everyone gets the same title, but this is ridiculous.
You have to keep it doable, and this clearly isn’t unless you are extremely lucky which means it doesn’t require skills, I’ve had it with these luck-based achievements, and if I remember correct this game was all about using skills, not luck-based like WoW or similar.

Check out my Guild Wars 2 video’s, and more :)
http://www.youtube.com/dedam85

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

There is a pattern. When ever you start to get about 50% have a burp ready. Right after he burps the next round he’s either gonna drink or Heal. That’s when you burp. You’ll either rupt or miss your chance. Last time I went up against him he Mostly Healed right after he burps. Take the Science Skill or whatever the skill is that increase the amount of health regained from drinking water.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

it requires luck, but not to an extreme extend. And stop bringing up wow for everything you think that is wrong in game, it is a non-argument.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I found this guy a war of endurance. I bluffed when ever I could, tried to save any belches and drinks I could for when he used his skill and took Boast to minimise the damage I took when I was forced to drink.

In the end Id say it was luck that I won and I also cheated ( I used a regen booster from the acheivement chests Ive been getting) so that I had some regen during the match. Still took 45 mins or so for me to beat him.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree, you need a lot of luck to beat him. I beat him without any buffs or cheats at all but it took ages. I wouldn’t recommend it for those easily frustrated.

I’m not a big fan of the drinking game…even though I liked polymock in Guild Wars 1. Not sure why, because they’re sort of similar.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

If you have any spare from dailies, a regeneration booster works during this contest.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

De Dam.2961

it requires luck, but not to an extreme extend. And stop bringing up wow for everything you think that is wrong in game, it is a non-argument.

I said WoW or similar, so yea your argument is invalid, also : if I want to play games like WoW or similar I would play them instead of GuildWars, but I dont and this game was supposed to be nothing like it, yet I keep finding stuff that should be in those games instead of this one

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Esie.8230

Esie.8230

Check the video on dulfy.net, with that tactic I beat him on first try

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Thousands of people already defeated him so I hardly call him unbeateable. Learn his play and you will beat him instead of coming to forums and creating yet another useless “OMG ITS TOO HARD QQ” thread.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

One of the things that bugs me most about this isn’t even the mini game, but rather all the people on here who treat those of us having problems like dirt and say there is no problem with the mini-game because they got lucky.

Yeah I saw that guide at dulfy.net, yeah I’ve used it, and yeah I’ve even used a regeneration booster. And do you know what? After a freaking week I still couldn’t beat him and just gave up. There is a problem with the way this mini-game is balanced, and just because thousands of people got lucky doesn’t mean this is okay. Heck thousands of people win the lottery but that doesn’t mean that winning the lottery doesn’t require so much luck the vast majority of us will never do it.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I beat on my first try pre-nerf using woo,quite easy imo….

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Thousands of people already defeated him so I hardly call him unbeateable. Learn his play and you will beat him instead of coming to forums and creating yet another useless “OMG ITS TOO HARD QQ” thread.

I’ve beat him after 4 hours and only by luck (we lost at the same time). He does need to be toned down.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: RenaissancE.3501

RenaissancE.3501

If they make the game too easy people will complain, they make the game too hard people complain. The only thing that is hard is trying to kill shaman on a fractal 49, playing a drinking game how ever is not, if the game does not challenge you how are you suppose to get better.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If they make the game too easy people will complain, they make the game too hard people complain. The only thing that is hard is trying to kill shaman on a fractal 49, playing a drinking game how ever is not, if the game does not challenge you how are you suppose to get better.

The problem is it isn’t hard. It’s luck if you beat him or not. Go back and beat the Norn 3 times in a row and post video proof. Then we’ll put it down to it just being difficult.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: RenaissancE.3501

RenaissancE.3501

The problem is it isn’t hard. It’s luck if you beat him or not. Go back and beat the Norn 3 times in a row and post video proof. Then we’ll put it down to it just being difficult.

My friend this topic says “UNBEATABLE” which it is not it took me an hour and i beat him, end of story. If you beat him first attempt in five minutes then this thread will read “WHERE IS THE CHALLENGE”. But the moment people have to spend time doing something for more than a few minutes, then you see a thread about it faster than the speed of light.

And there is no need to you to respond with a frivolous remark, just read and move .

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Just took me a few tries to beat, 0 cheats. Used boast, counted how many times he drank so you can predict belches and heals. Easy content for me at least, no troll.

There should be at least some challenging content to satisfy all types of players.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Arkham Creed.7358

Just took me a few tries to beat, 0 cheats. Used boast, counted how many times he drank so you can predict belches and heals. Easy content for me at least, no troll.

There should be at least some challenging content to satisfy all types of players.

There is a difference between “challenging” and “entirely dependent on luck.” Go try him again, I bet you’ll have different results.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Gwen.7619

Gwen.7619

My friend this topic says “UNBEATABLE” which it is not it took me an hour and i beat him, end of story. If you beat him first attempt in five minutes then this thread will read “WHERE IS THE CHALLENGE”. But the moment people have to spend time doing something for more than a few minutes, then you see a thread about it faster than the speed of light.

And there is no need to you to respond with a frivolous remark, just read and move .

Great advice! It will help me beat the challenge! Thank you for taking the time to help others like me!! forum police are so helpful Its unreal

Sorry for my English as I’m Dyslexic

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I beat him before his nerf. I will say the repeated use of the unique skill is a bit annoying though. We only get to use it once. =(

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

I beat him before the nerf, and never even knew that you could use food to defeat him. There’s a pattern in the way the game is played, if you go about not watching and learning, you’ll suffer. It’s a turned-based strategy game.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

There is a difference between “challenging” and “entirely dependent on luck.” Go try him again, I bet you’ll have different results.

I’ve beaten him once BEFORE it was patched and another after, 2-3 tries at most, not luck dependent IMO. Just pay more attention and be observant.

I think some achievements should actually have some difficulty in them, luck or not.

Got my hard earned Omnomivore title and satisfaction from successfully beating it with skill and cunning. People shouldn’t expect facerolling and being entitled to everything by mindlessly pressing some buttons.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Malicidus.9451

Malicidus.9451

Here is the issue I have:

Description of drink – removes 10% of health
Description of water – heals 20% health

As it stands, they are doing the opposite of each other. Drink takes 20% of your health and water gives 10%. It’s like Anet has got the % switches or the descriptions switched with the patch to nerf, or it was like this since the beginning.

(edited by Malicidus.9451)

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Arkham Creed.7358

I beat him before the nerf, and never even knew that you could use food to defeat him. There’s a pattern in the way the game is played, if you go about not watching and learning, you’ll suffer. It’s a turned-based strategy game.

As a fan of turn based strategy games I can confidently say……no it’s not.

A strategy game, by its nature, is about strategy. And strategy, timing, and skill are the keys to beating them. On the other hand this norn cannot be beaten by any combination of timing, strategy, and skill. I know; I’ve tried every strategy and there is no pattern. Seriously what kind of pattern is using his buff every…single…time?

And that isn’t an exaggeration either; I’ve honestly played a round against him where he used his buff every time it ran out. Adnul is a luck based game. Pure and simple. Just because you got lucky and beat him doesn’t mean he isn’t broken and it doesn’t mean there is some magical strategy to beating him. Even Dulfy just got lucky. I’ve used her strategy well over a hundred times and lost every single match.

Adnul is everything wrong with RNG in humanoid form.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Arkham Creed.7358

I think some achievements should actually have some difficulty in them, luck or not.

Got my hard earned Omnomivore title and satisfaction from successfully beating it with skill and cunning. People shouldn’t expect facerolling and being entitled to everything by mindlessly pressing some buttons.

You’re just deflecting the issue. No one has ever said they want him to be easy. Just because we call for balance and actual skill to be involved doesn’t mean we are crying about difficulty. Adnul is broken. Period. If there was some actual challenge here then we would be fine with it, but there isn’t. It is completely luck based. It is RNG. This isn’t challenging and it isn’t difficult; it is RNG gated.

It is artificially challenging at best; using unfair and broken mechanics to keep people trying and failing again and again, and then trick them into thinking the accomplished something when the RNG finally lets them win. It is the same kind of BS mental manipulation that has made a generation of MMO players think that skinner box reward systems are fun, and kept them paying sub fees to a game that has long since lost its charm and appeal.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Adnul definitely has advantages over human players, but he’s very beatable. As someone posted, you can count his drinks to get a feel for when he’ll next use belch – iirc, he tends to use it either right when its available or the turn after. If you’re in critique you can try and time your forced drink to block it. The same goes for his water, although I think he prioritizes belching over water. If you start actively counting, you’ll be able to get at least 50% accuracy on predicting his belches and water, which is really important since you need to punish every water.

And if you haven’t it yet, take Boast. You’re almost guaranteed to take 3 drinks over the course of the match: might as well make them hurt less.

EDIT: If at the start of a match he’s blocking bluff without critique up, just forfeit and start over. It’s a really annoying bug, but your next match should start with you able to bluff.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

De Dam.2961

Obviously you only read the title instead of reading my original post with it, your arguments are invalid, try reading the entire thing next time BEFORE you comment

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: vanRaamsdonk.8042

vanRaamsdonk.8042

Well this guy was no fun at all. I Agree with this topic, i like a challenge but only when the challenge is fair. This one is build on change not on skill.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

I beat him on my fifth try.

At the start: Belch, he will blow his belch at the same time.

Then just bluff until he starts spamming his signature skill.

From there manage your health accordingly.

Signature skill: Take less damage from next three drinks.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve tried all the advice I could find against this guy, and it’s NEVER worked for me. As some of the others have said, it’s luck. If luck was on your side and you beat him, congratulations. I have not, and I’ve reached the point where I will no longer try.

It became frustrating for me, and eventually I wisely stepped away from the challenge and will not touch it again unless they honestly fix this (and maybe not even then). Furthermore, I won’t play it against any human opponents now, I’m so sick of it.

I had another player flag me down in Lion’s Arch and ask me if I would play a game against him. Before I could tell him ‘no’, he had the table out and ready to go. I assume that cost him a charge on his kit, and I felt bad about that, but I still refused and walked off on him. If he was that desperate to find people to play against, then I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that’s refusing to touch Belcher’s Bluff any more.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Kruttmusa.8364

Kruttmusa.8364

From Guild Wars 2 website:
“In Guild Wars 2, your actions really matter and your choices have an impact on the world around you. Instead of static, boring quests in an unchanging world…”

Adnul Irongut is boring.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Donswiftarm.8402

Donswiftarm.8402

well its the last day i still have not got past Adnul Irongut so it looks like i cant do the last guy thanks for getting me to waist time on this RNG bullkitten

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

well its the last day i still have not got past Adnul Irongut so it looks like i cant do the last guy thanks for getting me to waist time on this RNG bullkitten

you have until 6th august to do it.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

< Mango food and regeneration boost. Sorry, but I didn’t have the patience to do with without them. I likely would have become deranged and lost my mind otherwise.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

The norn and the human can only be beaten if they choose to let you have a chance. Depending on how often they use their signature move, it can be mathematically impossible to win.

However, with Irongut, if you have learned his pattern, he becomes mathematically possible to beat every 6-8 games. You only know in the last half if he will allow you to even have a chance.

My explanation of playing against Irongut: you play a game of skill and 50% of the way through, a die is rolled. If the result is anything other than a 6, you lost the game and don’t know until the end.

It took me a little over an hour to beat him. I was making almost no mistakes in the last 30 minutes.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I just did this guy a few days ago on my husband’s account. He’s not unbeatable, but he is very, very hard. When I did it on my mesmer, it took me about an hour (even using dulfy’s vid) to get the right rotation and beat him. On my husband’s ele it took slightly longer. Sadly, I’d like to do this on my ele, but I really don’t want to deal with him for another hour. sigh

Disclaimer: No buffs or exploits of any kind were used in my wins. Just sheer hard headed, stubborn determination to not let a stupid NPC whoop me

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Adnul Irongut UNBEATABLE

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Beat him on the third try the other night. I of course heard he was hard so I went to Dulfy and watched the guide which tells you to keep your health up early in the fight and use the calway buff (I totally butchered that name) when he uses Crituque. He never onced spammed his signature move. Just like Dulfy said you get on turn inbetween.

Nice game devs. It was challenging and a fun twist. Im glad we have people like Dulfy to do the hard work first so us poor saps who have limited play time can come along and get the achievements too. All thats needed is a little reading comprehension and a moderate dose of patience. Something American society is loosing day by day

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche