Adnul Irongut

Adnul Irongut

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lonely Hermit.1967

Lonely Hermit.1967

Are you serious? You make a minigame, that people play (mostly) only for achievement and you make in unbelievebly hard so people have to spend all their free time on this awesome mini game? And they even have to do it before next patch, because there is Bazaar of the Four Winds achievement which you can’t complete until you finish this mini game – gg.

Are you really planning on doing these things in every patch? Things that take regular players hours to achive? Thing like jummping puzzle without checkpoint or this awesome minigame?

Are you going to do something about this Adnul or is it really just about tons of luck to beat him? Did you even test it before you implanted it in to the patch?

Are you just going to make people mad or maybe could you do something enjoyable (like the sprint – which I personaly don’t like, but people like it)?

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

Yeah it took me 51 tries to beat that guy which adds to at least 2hrs that spam move becomes a wreck if he does it back to back And he was harder than the Frog lol

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I agree in some respects. There is a certain element of skill to Belchers Bluff, but there is also a lot of luck. People just want to experience it and get the achievement, for people that really want to play they will play it against their friends and other people, but the NPC’s are there to introduce you to the game and offer the achievement so it shouldn’t be so difficult.

The only tip I can offer – Fight Adnul after all the others and use the Woo achievement on him when he has about 50% health. It prevents him from drinking water and healing. Use Bluff sparingly and drink whenever you have the ability to do so. Watch his moves, if he has been drinking a couple of times use Woo to prevent him from healing and then use Belch on him, either he’ll bluff and you;ll catch him out or he’ll drink and his health will go down.

Admittedly I did this before the patch and used Mango Pie for healing so that did make it a little easier.

I don’t know what the Jumping Puzzle without checkpoints you’re referring to is though? This update didn’t bring in any new Jumping Puzzles.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

so people have to spend all their free time on this awesome mini game?

You hate it but its awesome? Lolque?

There’s so much ignorance in this thread I don’t know where to start. Just a couple random things:

1 – Adnul is the hardest, but doable. There is a strategy to it, learn it instead of randomly spamming kitten.
2 – You don’t need the drinking achievements to get the Bazaar Ambassador meta. You need 16 achievements. There are 25 achievements you can do. If you mean the Grandmaster of Om achievement, you don’t need it if you don’t like it.
3 – What you like is in no way related to what other people like.
4 – What is this I don’t even…

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

GW2 players:

Complain that the game is too easy.

Complain that the game is hard afterArena.net adds 1 piece of hard content.

Adnul Irongut

Lonely Hermit.1967

The “awesome” was sarcasm Proxy…

1 – Yes, doable, but takes a lot of time which I, and probably a lot of other people, don’t have, because we have to work
2 – Yeah, ofc I don’t need it, I don’t need it as well as I don’t need to play this game. What a perfect argument…
3 – dude seriously?

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was under the impression that the drinking game was a permanent addition to Guild Wars 2. It’s not going anywhere.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I was under the impression that the drinking game was a permanent addition to Guild Wars 2. It’s not going anywhere.

That is the game itself. The achievement is tied to this Living Story arc. So theoretically after this event these NPC’s will go away (or maybe they’ll stay you just wont be able to get the achievement anymore). But you will still be able to play against other players.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

And he was harder than the Frog lol

The Frog took like 20 seconds on the first try. That dumb Norn though, just raging a bit thinking about him. After about an hour I lucked out of his cheating, thankfully lol.

Playing Belcher’s Bluff with friends and random people is really fun though. Wish I had been on when the Permanent version was only 18s or w/e it was.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I am curious. What is your definition of optional?

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Are you serious? You make a minigame, that people play (mostly) only for achievement and you make in unbelievebly hard so people have to spend all their free time on this awesome mini game? And they even have to do it before next patch, because there is Bazaar of the Four Winds achievement which you can’t complete until you finish this mini game – gg.

Are you really planning on doing these things in every patch? Things that take regular players hours to achive? Thing like jummping puzzle without checkpoint or this awesome minigame?

Are you going to do something about this Adnul or is it really just about tons of luck to beat him? Did you even test it before you implanted it in to the patch?

Are you just going to make people mad or maybe could you do something enjoyable (like the sprint – which I personaly don’t like, but people like it)?

Too hard?

2 things: Practice or quit.

If other people can do it, it can be done. And don’t give me that “people are different” logic because it’ll only pull you down and show what real attitude you have as a gamer.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Adnul Irongut

Lonely Hermit.1967

Its not about “I can’t do it”, its about “It takes too much time to beat one npc”, but nvm, you probably won’t get the point anyway…

And my attitude as a gamer is to enjoy the game, not to spend 8 hours on one drinking npc and wait for luck

And with your attitude “Practice or quit” there will be only less players and it will be more solo game as MMO, but who cares anyway, right?

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

And they even have to do it before next patch, because there is Bazaar of the Four Winds achievement which you can’t complete until you finish this mini game – gg.

I finished the Bazaar meta and got my crystal thing for my home instance without beating Irongut.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Adnul Irongut

Lonely Hermit.1967

You don’t really get the point guys

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Its not about “I can’t do it”, its about “It takes too much time to beat one npc”, but nvm, you probably won’t get the point anyway…

And my attitude as a gamer is to enjoy the game, not to spend 8 hours on one drinking npc and wait for luck

And with your attitude “Practice or quit” there will be only less players and it will be more solo game as MMO, but who cares anyway, right?

Oh I get it… But then again, it’s you. What about others?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Desu Genesis.5940

Desu Genesis.5940

Guise last I heard you can use that one Healing booster still on him

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Kronosfear.7548

Kronosfear.7548

What you need, and I think this would work for everyone else, is an after event where in this norn gets angry for losing.

NOW you’d have a chance to pummel his face after all that effort you pulled off just to beat him. Vent it aaaaall out.

Anger management, people. That’s what this thread is about.

“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”
- Sir Edward Gibbon

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Zig Barsinister.4925

Zig Barsinister.4925

I don’t mind it being hard, but why can he do his signature move multiple times and I can only do mine once. That is annoying. Maybe I am doing something wrong. all the others were really easy though and kind of pointless. So I guess at least it kind of makes sense to have one that makes you think about the game mechanics a bit more.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Lionera.7908

Lionera.7908

I think its his signature move design, as bluff is a key component to victories in this game. Its like taking away the ability to dribble in basketball, its just bad skill design that causes us to lose.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: jfeez.8209

jfeez.8209

I got sick of him as well, but you can use a box o’ fun to heal yourself (make sure its set for the transformation stuff)

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Too hard?

If other people can do it, it can be done.

Can be done, but not really through skill and practice. There were 3 ways to beat him. Mangos were disabled, the other cheat is based on hard to acquire object, and the third one is mostly luck.
Practice can only get you to get him a close victory instead of an easy one. Anything more is based on random-based changes to his general drinking pattern.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Its a mix of skill and luck. Playing well, if the stars dont align around you, you can easily get very close to victory. I cant count how many times I lost by just 1 move.

It probably requires a dose of luck to win though true.

that being said its very satisfying when you finally manage to beat him

took me hours but all in all I hope we get more such challenges.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Truth be told I didn’t take as long as some to beat him. HOWEVER, I am sick and tired of this RNG element that ANET insists on. Yes it involves some skill, but its mostly luck.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Too hard?

If other people can do it, it can be done. And don’t give me that “people are different” logic because it’ll only pull you down and show what real attitude you have as a gamer.

You know what happens when people get to the “fail or quit” part? They usually quit and don’t come back.

But hey, playing games by yourself is fun though right?

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Well the mingame is not that hard. This specific opponent is. It seemed it was cheating. Spamming healings, spamming his move, spamming the check.

I did beat him, but was pure luck as many who beat him… more than 30 tries (didn’t count them). The more i tried to find a strategy the faster i lost. Then when i was literally spamming buttons i won…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Kruttmusa.8364

Kruttmusa.8364

The thing is…

Attachments:

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Took me about 10 tries to beat him and that was the day the event started BEFORE they toned him down and without resorting to any foods or regens whatsoever. However the wife just about beat me after I made the mistake and said that he was not that difficult……. It took her quite a bit longer but she still did it on the first day, with some guidance.

Theftwind (HoD)

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

The reason why people get so kitten ed off with this activity is that Adnul kittenstain is able to bypass the rules of Belchers bluff and just do whatever the kitten he wants. Which is a flaw on the design part if you ask me. Don’t expect people to enjoy (harder) content if the outcome is completely in the NPC’s hands (endless signature moves, Adnul’s water heals him for 2 drinks whereas the player’s water only heals for 0.5 drinks, etcetera).
We’re playing a game with rules versus an NPC that does not obey these, that is wrong.
Props to the voice over though, it is so good he kitten es me off to the mists and beyond.

Another big problem with Adnul is that he is REQUIRED to challenge the toad and therefore has to be done before the bazaar leaves. If Adnul had no time restricted achievements attached to him I would’ve left him to rot weeks ago. (I got him in the end, but I assume this is very frustrating for people that don’t have as much time on their hands and actually want to play the game, rather than a mini game.)

really Anet…. your curse filter replaces words with ‘kitten’…. I don’t know what else I should’ve expected tbh ….

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: RumStein.6859

RumStein.6859

I don’t get all the complaining about Adnul. I got it first try, even though it was a long fight…

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I don’t get all the complaining about Adnul. I got it first try, even though it was a long fight…

Well clearly since you beat him on the first try then everything is fine. Everyone else is just having L2P issues.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Yeah I really wish Anet would stop insisting on these time-synch achievements. I have limited time to dedicate to GW2 and games in general, things like Adnul, pinata bashing, effigy burning, etc. are seriously depleting my interest in the game.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the 2500 points in the survival arena totally broke it for me. the top player usually has 90 or 100 points… and if you always win and collect points with the optimistic 100 points as average it’s 25 games per at least 7 minutes of time each…

i never scored more than 40 points^^

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’m sitting out the current content. I watched the dev livestream and it was pretty obvious that it was just an extended platformer. I really don’t enjoy them, so I don’t do them.

The sad part is that I miss this chapter of the story, and, of course, the reward that they have added for this content. I’ve long advocated for an evolving living world as opposed to one that comes and goes in monthly installments. And, I’m all for mini-games, but ideally they should not be used as the vehicle to tell the story.

At any rate, my reading of Colin’s blog post would indicate that he is in agreement here and that there will be more focus on evolving a living world with more permanent content and play that impacts the process of evolution. I’m looking forward to seeing how this will play out in the future.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the content is evolving, the result of this living story will be a new person on the council seat. the idea is wonderful if you think about what we went through so far, although, why should i vote for someone that makes me survive in extreme danger of being killed multiple times in an harsh place, or the other that want me to magic battle other players…

if they want the seat, shouldn’t be them to prove something to me instead of the other way round?
why to show my support i have to die by the hands of people showing the same support?
i kill the pirates for them while they go where? to do what? and this for a wp discount or key discount? for the fractal new dungeon?
edit: how can i trust both if these are the premises?

minigames are nice, but they are not telling me any story so far but grind for achievements

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I just don’t like the time limited achievements and activities, they really penalize more casual players. I struggle at the moment just to do my dailies and the living story, and have almost no time for anything else. Its’s getting to the point where either I give up on staying on top of living story, or I give up on doing the other things I enjoy (PvP, dungeons, etc.). Don’t get me wrong, I love all the new content and how much effort Anet is putting in, I just wish I had more time to complete it.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

The key with him is to bluff whenever his buff is down. Even if your belch or water is available, bluff unless you’re at near no health. Be defensive, use the charr or sylvari skill to protect yourself. Yes, it may take you a few tries – took me like 10 but it is doable. He’s a norn, you should have to work a bit to outdrink him.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

If anyone is still having problems with this guy, the regeneration food no longer works, but rejuvenation boosters still do the job.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I do wonder if anyone realises Woo exists…

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Kuiper.8537

Kuiper.8537

use a rejuvenation token and woo and you should be able to complete it easily

Mr Quibit

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Don’t waste a rejuvenation token, just use a box o’ fun in petrify mode right next to you when you play.

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: Asgaard.4235

Asgaard.4235

Never giving any thought on complete these achievement, but have recently started doing them…
Beating Adnul Irongut I have just as much chance at winning the lottery, 2/3 he calls your bluff and 2/3 he Belch your heal, this is pathetic that he calls your moves 2/3 times, might as well take a 4-sided dice and toss it to see which key i should press

ANet you have stripped this achievement of ever being fun, to players getting extremely frustrated…

Adnul Irongut

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

The necro is strong in this one.