Advanced design technics

Advanced design technics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yseron.8613

Yseron.8613

Attachment1: Having to crowl under the inventory to find some food to refresh (nobody saw that you made it last 30 mins on purpose, so that we always waste 5 mins of it, nope nobody saw it) is a pain in the kitten . Fear not, introducing a never seen before feature, i give you this wonderfull brand new invention: THE SHORTCUT

Attachment 2: Introducing another equally never seen before feature only mastered after 50 years spent on top of the highest mountain in Tibet, here is the: AMAZING HIGHLIGHTING FRAME that allow to instantly find what you are looking for among a bunch of of other things

Happy wvwvw matchups mess ups. Who knows, maybe in a decade or two you will get it right

Attachments:

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

For the highlight on the squad: great idea.
For the food in inventory: That… is a quite decent idea o.O but please… make that 5 slots… not 1 xD

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

There is already a highlight around your own tile in the squad panel.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Similarly….. Last night I was playing in a large PvE event squad for something different. You can see the commander by a symbol when you are in their shard/sub squad (can’t remember which) but otherwise it’s very hard to find who te commander is in a 50 person squad when you are all on different shards and trying to join the same shard. This can be worked around by having the commander move to a new subs quad like 4 or something far down so they are easy to pick out. But would be nice to see that commander icon in the panel regardless of map share or subsquad.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

No…there isn’t. Is it a checkbox feature that I am overlooking? If so, why is it turned off by default? People in the same instance show up as green like we are, but in no way does the game differentiate the individual player from the squad.

What most of us seem to be doing is searching the 50 player blob for our class picture, and they finding ourselves by name.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

(edited by Ubi.4136)

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

OK, technically, there is a nearly invisible line above and below our toons (see the attached screenshot I just took), I had to zoom the picture to over 200% to even realize there was anything there.

Can we get this changed to actually show in game? 1920×1080 is pretty standard, and those lines are basically non-existent at that resolution.

Attachments:

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Advanced design technics

Zelanard.5806

OK, technically, there is a nearly invisible line above and below our toons (see the attached screenshot I just took), I had to zoom the picture to over 200% to even realize there was anything there.

Can we get this changed to actually show in game? 1920×1080 is pretty standard, and those lines are basically non-existent at that resolution.

Agreed. in large squad that frame is hardly visible. I would give a few other suggestions though:

• Instead of a highlight frame: Make your own square copper instead of green.
  • Highlight commanders with the tag colour.
  • Give the commander a golden frame that glow when hovering the mouse over the squad window.
  • Highlight Lieutenants with a Silver frame that glow when hovering the mouse over the squad window.
  • Give Lieutenants a Lieutenant tag.
  • Give the commander an option to mark subgroups with number tags that only those who are in the subgroup can see.

This would mean that

• If you’re the commander, you’ll have a copper square with a golden highlight glow.
  • If you’re lieutenant you’ll have a copper square with a silver highlight glow.
  • If you’re just a squad member, you’ll have a copper square with no high light glow.
  • If you’re just a squad member, the lieutenants and commander is easy to locate.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When squads where added, the first thing we did in the WvW forum (the only game mode where squads and their organisation really shine) was complain about the poor visibility of yourself in the squad and the equally poor visibility lf your party members compared to the rest of the squad.

We even got Anet dev responses on it and had illustrative screenshots on how it could be done.

So yeah… Saying there is an almost invisible highlight mean very little. Its still bad.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

No.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No.

Is this anything like your party being a lighter blue than the squad blue?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Advanced design technics

Zelanard.5806

No.

It’s a hardly visible white frame. It’s visible when you’re using the large squad window but in the small one, it’s hardly possible to see.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

No.

You still can’t really see your party amongst the rest of your squad on the mini map.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Advanced design technics

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

Agreed. in large squad that frame is hardly visible. I would give a few other suggestions though:

• Give the commander a golden frame that glow when hovering the mouse over the squad window.
  • Highlight Lieutenants with a Silver frame that glow when hovering the mouse over the squad window.
  • Give the commander an option to mark subgroups with number tags that only those who are in the subgroup can see.

This would mean that

• If you’re the commander, you’ll have a copper square with a golden highlight glow.
  • If you’re lieutenant you’ll have a copper square with a silver highlight glow.
  • If you’re just a squad member, you’ll have a copper square with no high light glow.
  • If you’re just a squad member, the lieutenants and commander is easy to locate.

^
|
This

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

It’s way to subtle to see at a glance.
Having to scan anyway renders it kinda moot.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Attachment1: Having to crowl under the inventory to find some food to refresh (nobody saw that you made it last 30 mins on purpose, so that we always waste 5 mins of it, nope nobody saw it) is a pain in the kitten . Fear not, introducing a never seen before feature, i give you this wonderfull brand new invention: THE SHORTCUT

How about sorting your inventory? I usually put my food to the bottom so i only need to scroll down and use it. Things that i need very often (weapons, feathers etc) are at the top and loot somewhere in the middle of both. 2nd and 3rd equip is right above the food. Its not that hard to sort things. Just avoid the compact option :S

Advanced design technics

Zelanard.5806

How about sorting your inventory? I usually put my food to the bottom so i only need to scroll down and use it. Things that i need very often (weapons, feathers etc) are at the top and loot somewhere in the middle of both. 2nd and 3rd equip is right above the food. Its not that hard to sort things. Just avoid the compact option :S

you don’t have to avoid the compact option. Just get invisible bags for permanent inventory items. :P

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

This would mean that

This suggestion is fantastic. I have never seen any indication where I am in a squad and have never been able to find a commander. This is a problem when joining a squad from lfg in a different instance in order to change and join the squad. frequently if I am trying to get into a map to join the meta I am just as likely to click on someone else doing the same thing and end up in a entirely different empty map and still not on the map with the commander. It would be great if these kinds of highlighters would be visible to squad members in different maps too.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

There is? I always have to mouseover people until I find myself.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

There is? I always have to mouseover people until I find myself.

There is one. It’s just about impossible to see but it’s there.
It’s like the new auras effect, they are impossible to see if there is something else going on your screen.

Advanced design technics

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

There is, the problem is that it’s hard to see in a 50 man squad.