Advice on World Completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gyl.1238

Gyl.1238

I am close to getting 100% World Completion but am struggling with some of the WvWvW points of interest, vistas, skill points because these always seem to be in control of other factions. My guild is a small one (but lovely) and I guess I could try and find another to work with and persuade them to help but that is also not a guaranteed approach. Not sure what to do – but can anyone offer any hope? – or do I just have to wait…and wait… and wait….until I am lucky that my missing points come under our control?

Posted by: Arquin.1349

Arquin.1349

I agree. This is an annoyance, not in anyway helped by the fact that your server color of the week is determined by your ranking. If the colors were random most people would have a way better chance of getting them in a reasonable timeframe.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm in this case.. i’d say maybe log in each time you play just to check, and i’m sure you do this already. or log on during peak hours, try to find a zerg and bring people to help cap those points. not sure which server you’re on and what your WvW situation is, but you will get them. just hang in there!!

or other times, you can wait for the match reset (coming up soon?) and rush to those points before anyone else gets there?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Aye, it’s getting pretty annoying Far Shiverpeaks hasn’t owned the northern base in Eternal Battlegrounds for as long as I’ve been trying to grab it, so more than 7 weeks by now.

Makes me wonder if i should have to transfer server just to complete it :P

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Get it down to as few points as possible, which I’m sure you already have, check the map to see if one server owns all your remaining points. When one faction controls all your remaining points then transfer to that server and grab them.
Unfortunately you are now stuck there for a week. This is how just about everyone got it previously. When I did it though I could transfer immediately so hop around servers to complete the WvW points, WvW was the easiest part for me.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Besides the large buildings, do you have to get inside? Maybe it’s enough to strip naked* and run into the door then die and teleport out.

*for the sake of avoiding repair costs, not psychological warfare or anything.

Posted by: Hyena.7963

Hyena.7963

If you’re not having a good week, try to get a friend or two and go slinking around the battlefield when it’s super-late. Things inside garrisons are going to be the hardest, but if it’s a small group of five people and one of you brought along some Ram blueprints you should be able to bust in and grab the vistas with no problem.

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Besides the large buildings, do you have to get inside? Maybe it’s enough to strip naked* and run into the door then die and teleport out.

Even the smaller towers, you have to get inside the walls to get the PoI.

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

There is a chance, albeit a small one, that the other 2 servers may grant you a few hours of free exploring. Of course, some of that involves taking keeps and castles which may be out of the question.

Perhaps you could try to work something out with your WvW opponents that could grant you a small window for this. It would have to be well-coordinated, and the other servers would have to be really nice…just depends on the server I guess. :/

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: xeroslash.1032

xeroslash.1032

It mostly comes down to being at the right place at the right time, especially if you’re alone and relying solely on the zerg and whatnot. Speaking from having 100% completion by relying mostly on just the zerg and not transferring servers, I suggest finishing your own Borderlands and your server’s corners of the Eternal Battlegrounds first, as those should be the most accessible (“home turf” if you will). This is so that even if your server doesn’t do well enough, you have at least your home areas explored and come next rotation, your home turf will automatically become one of the other Borderlands/corner of EB.

Next, if your server controls Stonemist, definitely grab that! I would concentrate on prioritizing Eternal Battlegrounds over enemy Borderlands until rotation. That way, you’ll eventually get everything regardless – if your server does well overall, getting Stonemist and everything else will be easy, and if your server does badly, it’ll eventually be dropped into brackets low enough so that you’ll face weaker servers, which will lead to your server getting everything else.