Aetherized Exotics Price Change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

So it was 60s and now after the patch it’s 3s. Soulbound on acquire and not salvageable. I just came back from a very long break and it’s stupid decisions like this that make me not give a single penny to the gem store and also stop playing, just saying.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I doubt it was their ‘decision’ to mistakenly list them for 60s at the vendor. Just an unfortunate happenstance. =)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Dang, I still have mine in my inv.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Let’s be fair, though. That was a pretty good reward for the end chest, considering it was NOT random to get it.

Add in the fact that there are three other chests in the puzzle, and maybe that was a bit much?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Let’s be fair, though. That was a pretty good reward for the end chest, considering it was NOT random to get it.

Add in the fact that there are three other chests in the puzzle, and maybe that was a bit much?

You’re right, that was a good reward for a jumping puzzle that has falls that result in death 90% of the time. It was good because the jump pads were a nightmare for people with any amount of lag. It was at the very least, 60 silver you would inevitably spend 100% of mapping around to do various content in the next half hour.

Oh and those other chests, the ones that give you blues and greens that are almost worth the bag space they take up. You could sell them on the trading post too, for 1 copper higher than the merch price, and lose out 15% of what little value they did have.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Fernling.1729

Not really, I could run a couple meta events and make more than 60 silver. The fact that it isn’t a unique skin and isn’t worth anything to a vendor, makes the reward pointless. Maybe, it would be better to remove the material rewards from things like this. People that find it fun or want a few achievement points could still do it.
I guess we would have people complaining about no rewards though.
I’m sorry Anet, you just can’t please everyone.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

people do the jumping puzzles for loot?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they fixed a bug.

why are some people angry over a bug fix?

Fernling.1729

Rng sucks in this game, people are desperate lol.

Fernling.1729

they fixed a bug.

There is a difference between a bug and a mistake in programming, although in this case it doesn’t make a difference. I’m thinking it wasn’t a bug, but Anet realizing that it was just too much for something that could be done repeatedly by one person. That’s okay though, imo it makes sense.

They did say “bug”, which is still unlikely for something like this. I guess its better than them saying “we made a mistake”.
We’ve seen many things like this in the past too, many resulting in permanent bans. Hopefully nobody was banned by what would surely have been labeled an exploit.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

well Arena Net is certainly not strangers to price goofs

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Jajajaja. +1

I lol’d.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

There is a difference between a bug and a mistake in programming, although in this case it doesn’t make a difference. I’m thinking it wasn’t a bug, but Anet realizing that it was just too much for something that could be done repeatedly by one person. That’s okay though, imo it makes sense.

i think it is a honest mistake.

well, honest mistake causes bugs right?

just take a look at the current vendor selling prices for exotic armor pieces.

yes, i still remember during launch week, hoelbrak tier 2 level 60 rare weapons can be bought for 21 karma per weapon.

they banned a lot of people back then.

Fernling.1729

i think it is a honest mistake.

just take a look at the current vendor selling prices for exotic armor pieces.

yes, i still remember during launch week, hoelbrak tier 2 level 60 rare weapons can be bought for 21 karma per weapon.

they banned a lot of people back then.

I agree 100% it was an honest mistake. They have nothing to gain from it. Really, it will hurt them if anything.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I think to most people the stats are less than optimal for their builds, why can’t it be at least salvaged is my question >.>

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

I think to most people the stats are less than optimal for their builds, why can’t it be at least salvaged is my question >.>

How dare you ask such a question.

Stick to RNG and boxes please.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

another good excuse for me to no return to that place, and whit this is another contest anet wasted hes time since i wont “enjoy” anymore, btw i spend 16s repairing after all the failure fall. Selling profits: maybe 5s

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The average Guild Wars 2 account comes with 5 character slots. Back in the early days of 20s = 100 gems people bought all the bank tabs and character slots they needed, if they were smart. ;P

Currently I have 11 characters and 12 character slots. That’s 6g60s per reset if I keep all of my accounts on the platform with the chest and go to WvW to sell the shoulder pieces and just play sPvP, not leaving the platform. With 5 accounts that’ll be 3 gold.

No RNG was involved in getting those exotic shoulder pieces and they come with a superior rune of balthazar in them which is 14s in the TP right now, they also drop for any level character. If they were salvageable, that’s a potential 5 ectos and balthazar rune for free multiple times per account… for using a mesmer portal.

Yes, a mesmer portal.

Not only will the price for the rune decrease by alot, but it will hit ecto prices as well because all it takes to get up there is a simple mesmer portal instead of killing a world boss, which is just as easy, but still it’s a freaking mesmer portal trip for an exotic.

I can’t believe you people are complaining about this lol. Blame mesmer portals for this, not ArenaNet reducing the overly-generous price of 60s from an exotic shoulder piece for merchant vendors who should be broke as hell.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Seems people is playing this game for loot, every new patch every new update people are complaining it’s not worth doing becouse they get nothing for doing it.

The other JP’s gives you random loot but rarely anything usefull or expensive, so why did you do the JP from the beginning? For Achievement, for fun or for the loot?

I do JP’s for fun and for achievement, the loot is just a bonus. Sure I can agree that an exotic piece with the same stat everytime is bad and it would have been better with the same loot as every other JP’s.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

lol, remove the rng and people hate it just as much.

Truth is people just wanted to loot the chest, get the 60 silver a day, and go on with farming the meta chests. People wanted it to be just another stop on the farm train.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

This change just provides the latest evidence that something is not right at Arenanet. I have a feeling that if they tossed who ever decided to push the change, the future of the game would be a bit brighter.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The average Guild Wars 2 account comes with 5 character slots. Back in the early days of 20s = 100 gems people bought all the bank tabs and character slots they needed, if they were smart. ;P

Currently I have 11 characters and 12 character slots. That’s 6g60s per reset if I keep all of my accounts on the platform with the chest and go to WvW to sell the shoulder pieces and just play sPvP, not leaving the platform. With 5 accounts that’ll be 3 gold.

No RNG was involved in getting those exotic shoulder pieces and they come with a superior rune of balthazar in them which is 14s in the TP right now, they also drop for any level character. If they were salvageable, that’s a potential 5 ectos and balthazar rune for free multiple times per account… for using a mesmer portal.

Yes, a mesmer portal.

Not only will the price for the rune decrease by alot, but it will hit ecto prices as well because all it takes to get up there is a simple mesmer portal instead of killing a world boss, which is just as easy, but still it’s a freaking mesmer portal trip for an exotic.

I can’t believe you people are complaining about this lol. Blame mesmer portals for this, not ArenaNet reducing the overly-generous price of 60s from an exotic shoulder piece for merchant vendors who should be broke as hell.

They could have removed runes from the shoulders, or placed a rune on them they want to drive the price down on.

I honestly hate when people try to reason that potential rewards should be calculated per account, rather than per character. Taking it further and assuming multiple accounts and the need to limit rewards based on the potential earnings of a single player is just completely absurd.

Each character has it’s own expenses and own gear needs. Each character a player finds worth playing is just another reason for that player to stick with the game. Why the heck would anyone see a problem with a person who has five accounts getting five time’s the rewards? Hell, I could have 100 accounts, does that mean thay should be worth 30 copper?

The scarey thing is that reasoning like this seems to be going on on the developer side as well.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

People where creating new characters to farm the new JP…

1) Set up Mesmer portals…

2) Just keep creating new characters/do JP, delete new character…

3) Entire guilds where doing it, so if they had not patched it you would have had hyper inflation, introducing 1000’s of gold to economy…

It was a repeat of what was done with SAB…

Really, they should have a checklist of previous exploits so they can quickly run through any ‘loopholes’…

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Not able to TP. Not able to salvage. Low vendor price. Bad stats for most. In other words, it is totally useless. Except for the few who like those stats.

No, this is not a good reward.

Honestly, I’d take a random rare like I get from the world bosses over this any day. At least I can salvage or sell those for more. Now THAT would be an OK reward.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s just 60s guys.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

they fixed a bug.

They did say “bug”, which is still unlikely for something like this. I guess its better than them saying “we made a mistake”.
We’ve seen many things like this in the past too, many resulting in permanent bans. Hopefully nobody was banned by what would surely have been labeled an exploit.

Actually there is exactly no difference between a mistake in the code and a bug. Having a typo or incorrect value in the vendor price of an item is still just a mistake in the code causing unintended results which is by definition a bug.

This particular issue was huge and needed to be fixed quickly before it had a serious effect on the economy. A free 3s, assuming you want to sell it, is more than enough reward to go along with the other chests in the puzzle. It wasn’t meant to be an easy way to get more money for everyone to do, so some of you need to change your perspective.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

last time i checked you can just throw it in the mystic forge, or mystic toilet, i did that with a forge stone i got from a daily chest and 2 other cheap pieces of gear, i was promptly given a middle finger, but of course for something thats completely RNG based thats to be expected.

Fernling.1729

they fixed a bug.

Actually there is exactly no difference between a mistake in the code and a bug. Having a typo or incorrect value in the vendor price of an item is still just a mistake in the code causing unintended results which is by definition a bug.

This particular issue was huge and needed to be fixed quickly before it had a serious effect on the economy. A free 3s, assuming you want to sell it, is more than enough reward to go along with the other chests in the puzzle. It wasn’t meant to be an easy way to get more money for everyone to do, so some of you need to change your perspective.

Yes, a mistake in the code is a typical cause of bugs. I was saying that they put exactly what they wanted in code, the mistake was their decision to let them sell for that much.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

we can’t have nice things because of people creating and deleting toons out of greedyness.
so the holographic knight became masterwork instead of rare, the exotic became cheap and unsalvageable, laurel account bound, black lion keys rarer than a precursor and so on, i will not be surprised when they will remove the black lion key as a lv 10 story quest reward, i’m shocked they didn’t do it already

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

they fixed a bug.

Yes, a mistake in the code is a typical cause of bugs. I was saying that they put exactly what they wanted in code, the mistake was their decision to let them sell for that much.

How do you know they meant 60s? How do you know that isn’t a typo? My whole point is without them telling us we have no way of knowing what they intended.

Fernling.1729

they fixed a bug.

How do you know they meant 60s? How do you know that isn’t a typo? My whole point is without them telling us we have no way of knowing what they intended.

That’s why I said “I think”.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

It’s just 60s guys.

60s you could repeatedly get in 5 to 10 min.

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Why this item is even in the game baffles me. It doesn’t have a unique skin, it doesn’t have unique stats, it’s not salvageable, it’s not trade-able, and it’s worth almost nothing (now at least). It’s basically exotic vendor trash with a special name. I got a reward that was worth 3 times as much the second time I completed the puzzle (a Ruby Crystal and 2 masterwork weapons). I was expecting a unique shoulder skin and instead they gave an item that was of less value than the standard Jumping Puzzle reward. It’s not a big deal, but it is kitten confusing.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Wooh! Glad I did it on all 8 characters yesterday and sold everything

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not really, I could run a couple meta events and make more than 60 silver. The fact that it isn’t a unique skin and isn’t worth anything to a vendor, makes the reward pointless. Maybe, it would be better to remove the material rewards from things like this. People that find it fun or want a few achievement points could still do it.
I guess we would have people complaining about no rewards though.
I’m sorry Anet, you just can’t please everyone.

Now it is about the same reward as every other JP chest. I don’t see anything wrong with that. Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it needs some extra special treatment.

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

Regarding my OP, I am mostly annoyed that they put the price of the reward at 60s and then changed it to 3s. Had it been 3s from the start I wouldn’t care. But stuff like this has happened several times now. Stuff like this just makes their relationship with many players negative. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same as demonstrated in this thread, but alas blind fanboys (also demonstrated here) will keep pumping the gemstore with money. Such a shame because this game had lots of potential, but is run extremely poorly.