Afk botters in bitterfrost

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

People buy that karmic item and get liquid karma as drop, while afk farming/botting on the new map, try to rethink this farming method being legal, since unlike earlier they get huge drops from this… (karma can be converted to gold… ) so far they couldnt gain much but now its just no…

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

People buy that karmic item and get liquid karma as drop, while afk farming/botting on the new map, try to rethink this farming method being legal, since unlike earlier they get huge drops from this… (karma can be converted to gold… ) so far they couldnt gain much but now its just no…

Karma can be converted to gold? thats nothing new, but having a surplus of karma doesn’t do anything since it’s extremely tedious to turn karma into gold.
One of the most discernable methods is to buy 4 armor, toilet them to 1, and salvage it. Its extremely slow, and makes a very poor gold-hour ratio. Its easy but not very lucrative..

or you could buy orrian jewelry boxes..
either way, this isn´t something that harms the Great Economy, praise be unto Him, so don´t fret too much about it. If someone´s wasting their time farming, botting or not, this stuff, let them. Its almost like complaining about people who roll around in the mud.. if it´s their shtick, who am I to complain if it harms noone and nothing else

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Karma can be converted to gold? thats nothing new, but having a surplus of karma doesn’t do anything since it’s extremely tedious to turn karma into gold.

Tell me about it, got 6 million or something and cant be bothered lol.

Either way I fail to see how this is any different from necros afk farming orr. Its technically allowed unless some 3rd party app is used. What “huge drops” do you get in bitterfrost for being afk?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Not sure why we’re all arguing over whether afk botting is worth it.
It shouldn’t be going on regardless of how much or little profit there is in it.
Report them directly to anet, not on the forums and go do something else if it’s bothering you.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Afk “botting” or afk farming. They are two completely different things. Karma to gold is almost the only useful thing for karma. Not sure of the problem?

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If you see it happening, report it.

ArenaNet bans in waves, so you will likely see the same botters for a while. That doesn’t mean you report was ignored, it just means that a ban wave hasn’t hit yet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Not sure why we’re all arguing over whether afk botting is worth it.
It shouldn’t be going on regardless of how much or little profit there is in it.
Report them directly to anet, not on the forums and go do something else if it’s bothering you.

Anet will have a way to seperate botters from AFK’ers. As a player it’s hard to tell the difference, sometimes.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They convert the unbound magic.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you think someone is botting or AFK farming, /report them or submit a support ticket (include time/date, location, any screenshots, and any other identifying information you can).

ANet will decide how to handle it.

It’s entirely moot whether anyone else here thinks it’s against the rules or profitable.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

There is a decent amount (playing as necros) always botting in Orr as well near those Air elementals. I’ve been reporting but new ones keep showing there again and again.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

ArenaNet bans in waves, so you will likely see the same botters for a while. That doesn’t mean you report was ignored, it just means that a ban wave hasn’t hit yet.

Yeah, they “ban in waves”. Said “waves” can be confirmed to be at least a month of time (I reported an AFK farmer in Orr over a month ago. He’s still there, every time I pass that spot.

Of course, being that Anet only bans these people for a fraction of the time between “waves”, these people just wait out the ban, and then start up again.

Anet needs to do permanent bans, or they need to change their policy and say “ok, as long as you aren’t using macros, AFK farming is fine”, because what the are doing right now isn’t working.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Relaxing.9735

Relaxing.9735

As far as I know the policy of Anet is that afk farming is allowed, but they working on different logout timers, since they do not want people to do this.

On the other hand botting is not allowed and results in a ban, so if those people are still there, then I assume they are not botting. In others do not expect a ban.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

As far as I know the policy of Anet is that afk farming is allowed, but they working on different logout timers, since they do not want people to do this.

On the other hand botting is not allowed and results in a ban, so if those people are still there, then I assume they are not botting. In others do not expect a ban.

Actually, AFK farming isn’t allowed if you AFK in a location that is advantageous (i.e. You get loot, currency, etc) and are unable to respond to GM’s attempts to contact you.

Posted by: Relaxing.9735

Relaxing.9735

It is legal unless…. So when I go watch a movie on my second screen and I monitor my chat Iam fine.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yeah, they “ban in waves”. Said “waves” can be confirmed to be at least a month of time (I reported an AFK farmer in Orr over a month ago. He’s still there, every time I pass that spot.

Of course, being that Anet only bans these people for a fraction of the time between “waves”, these people just wait out the ban, and then start up again.

Anet needs to do permanent bans, or they need to change their policy and say “ok, as long as you aren’t using macros, AFK farming is fine”, because what the are doing right now isn’t working.

A “ban” is not a “suspension”. If ArenaNet determines someone to be botting, they get a ban and they are permanently locked out of the game. Yes, the waves have a large window, this primarily to help mask the metrics ArenaNet uses to catch botters (if they banned frequently, botters would be able to quickly sniff out the detection methods used by ArenaNet and then work to find ways around them).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Thats not the best way to convert karma to gold the best way is to get the pact network supply map reward bonus things and cash them in on week 8 of frostgorge sound doing that everyday while waiting for week 8 of frostgorge could net you tons of charged stuff and powerful blood and giant eyes. Best use of karma ever.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Which ofc is why people would bot for karma.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It is legal unless…. So when I go watch a movie on my second screen and I monitor my chat Iam fine.

How is that being AFK? You’re not paying as much attention to the game as might be required in a raid, but neither are you involved in something very lucrative that requires that sort of attention.

In any case, regardless of whether we like the policy, at present there is only one thing to do when you suspect botting or other illegal activity: report it and then move on. ANet will investigate and take the steps they think are appropriate.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”