Afraid to play the game!

Afraid to play the game!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

Did not read all the responces .. don’t care too.

I think the bottom line here is that MMO companies these days are under a lot of pressure to “Do the right thing.” What the right thing is, is dependent upon the individual. While you may hate the changes being made, I believe there are hundreds of thousands of people that do not visit these forums that feel otherwise. This rings true for most game changes to most games out there. The minority yells the loudest while the rest of us learn to live with the changes. It may not be a perfect world, but I challenge you to find one that is.

Afraid to play the game!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

You people are screaming your head off because you cannot have everything the game has to offer instantly.
It is an MMO, it is supposed to be played for a long time- crying because you cannot have a legendary weapon a month after the game releases is ridiculous. The term is legendary for a reason.
The problem is the attitude of instant gratification- if you don’t get it you throw your toys out of the cot.
To the person who said Orr is not a pleasant stroll in the park- of course it is not! Have you followed the story at all or did you skip through the dialogue because it is just two people talking and not a cinematic?
You know, I came to these forums because I thought it was a place to discuss the game- it is not.
In fact it is the most unbelievably self entitled bunch of whiners I have ever seen- there are people on here who don’t even play the game yet they feel free to come here complain.
So cheers.
I will just go play my game in peace

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Afraid to play the game!

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

Ignorance seems to be flourishing on both sides of this issue.

At this point, considering all the arguing and threads debating this issue since the 18th, its safe to say ANET really needs to come up with a better design / solution to the farming scripts and DRs. Surely there is a better solution than being bull headed, as both sides are demonstrating. Adjusting the drop rates instead of simply using the scripts, providing additional activities / objectives / mob types / events, could all be looked at.

Simply throwing in DRs and anti farm scripts are not the best response for solving these issues. It sends a negative message to the player that their activity is somehow wrong. Negative re-enforcement to curve a behavior is often not the best solution, particularly when money / product / service, is involved. Positive re-enforcement through a variety of options would do much to alleviate these problems.

Afraid to play the game!

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I don’t want things handed to me.

What I do want is to be able to farm what I want where I want, to run the dungeons that I enjoy for the gear I think looks cool not have to go some where else for gear that is ugly. I want to have fun in GW2 but all I have gotten is that the things that I think are fun are not aloud even though they I break none of the rules and I don’t hurt other players in any way.

Afraid to play the game!

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

Carebear

Back in the day, Carebear referred to a person or a game mechanic which eliminated or reduced all risk and challenge and realism from the game.

i think i may go back farther then you, because the term carebear was for people that didnt want to PvP and made a mission to avoid it.

you know like the Cartoon show, Carebears, all hug and love and crap. oposite of killing the person running across the field…..
we had Alliances CareBears Vs Anti Carebears, and even the Anti-Anti-Carebear alliances down the road. and it was about 1 thing only, PvP, the ACBA would hunt down the carebears as a form of greafing, and the AACBA would protect the CBA

i have no idea where out of your a** you pulled the make game easier reason, never heard of that