After an unplanned break...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

So my PC went bang and i’ve had a week’s break while trying to figure out whats wrong with it (PSU problem it turns out).

Anyway, I’ve realised an amazing thing. It turns out I must have been playing out of simple habit, because I haven’t missed the game one bit. It’s just not that addictive.

I have had quite a laugh reading the forums today, but as a result of reading the forums I now cant be bothered to log into the game at all. I might go and read a book or maybe go count the grass in the garden.

And no, you can’t have my stuff. I haven’t left, I’m just….waiting.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t think the game is addictive either…and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Since when did addictive become a good thing.

Slot machines are addictive, and they’re a bad thing. I’m enjoying the game, but I can take time off whenever I want, because it’s not addictive.

And I, for one, am glad it’s not.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I had top stop playing for about 7 weeks due to circumstances out of my control and since I’ve come back the game feels renewed to me. Sure it’s not addictive but that’s a good thing in my book, I prefer playing something when I feel like it.

I play this game like I played the first GW, I take a while off every now and again which for me anyway extends it’s lifespan.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

For me on the other hand it is addictive xD especially after playing a kittentier MMO for so long…

This is the first MMO where im excited to just kill mobs and see what i get (modly bags i love you too)

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

You are going to fall way behind the gear curve.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I would put ‘not being addictive’ in the positive column but would also check to see if you really mean ‘no way to progress my character in a way I find meaningful’.

You are going to fall way behind the gear curve.

We should all be much more worried about minipet power-creep…..

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

It’s only addictive if you get lagspikes and can’t play =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Wow. Next time title your whiney posts more accurately so I don’t waste time reading all the qq’s. Go read a book. Im just glad I don’t have to listen to you whine in game.

pricer.5091

No way to progress my character in a way I feel meaningful? Yeah, that covers it.

I’ve got 4 level 80s in exotics. Not interested in a legendary, done all of the dungeons I’m interested in, think all of the special events so far have been awful, not very enamoured with Flame and Frost (whatever it turns out to be), hate fractals (just hate them) and I have 72 g and nothing I want to spend it on and nothing I want to save up for.

I just can’t put my figure on what it is exactly, but theres nothing really interesting to do. At least in WoW when you got bored with content, you could go grind a mount or fly about looking for Time-lost Drake etc etc. I did get bored of that too of course, but that took 5 years, not 5 months.

Maybe I’m just tired of MMO’s in general…

pricer.5091

Wow. Next time title your whiney posts more accurately so I don’t waste time reading all the qq’s. Go read a book. Im just glad I don’t have to listen to you whine in game.

Go back to playing the game you adore and leave the forums for the whiners….

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Go back to playing the game you adore and leave the forums for the whiners….

I hope you are being sarcastic.