3) mustard – 6
4) egg – 5.5
5) bread – 5.5

It’ll be pretty fun and useful

After completing a dungeon....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Too many potentially negative ‘social impacts’ for this to ever see the light of day. But it would be a neat addition, useful for level headed and mature folks.

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

No way. Go back to WoW if you want DPS meters/scores/whatever. That garbage is awful and has no place in this game.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

On the one hand it would be useful if you are effectively hitting like a limp piece of lettuce and don’t know.

On the other hand it doesn’t really let you know about who has been doing the really useful stuff like damage mitigation and boon sharing.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nah its fine. Add two ratings: dps and hps (on allies). The one that is top ranked in dps automaticly pay the one thats top ranked in hps 2 gold (the second dps pay the second hps 1.5g, etc). If the dps player has over 3200 armour, the gold fee is removed.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable comprise, yes?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

On the one hand it would be useful if you are effectively hitting like a limp piece of lettuce and don’t know.

On the other hand it doesn’t really let you know about who has been doing the really useful stuff like damage mitigation and boon sharing.

Exactly what I was going to say. Even with the zerker meta there’s a huge number of things players can do which don’t deal damage to the boss but do contribute to a boss fight.

This would just lead to ignorant or overly simplistic interpretations that people who spend their time clearing adds, rezzing and healing other players, or removing conditions from the group aren’t contributing and should be kicked.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Add something that shows damage dealt to bosses for example :
1) hotdog – 10 damage
2) ketchup – 9.7 damage
3) mustard – 6
4) egg – 5.5
5) bread – 5.5

That’d be a good idea imo. It’d also be fun to add a ‘number of times downed’ column and maybe a ‘number of times dead’ column too. Just for balance I mean. A ‘total time spent rezzing others’ column might also be fun.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Haha yeah no thank you.
Majority of people would start kicking people based on DPS or adding them to block lists etc. DPS it not all even in current state. It is a big big part of dungeons, true, and without high DPS you won’t get the fast run you want. But some dungeons have mechanics that require guardians/blocks/reflects (funny how Lupi DPS would all belong to reflector on successful reflect) and any dps would be increased by someone putting up a fire field even if they themselves don’t dish out much dps.

What would be neat if you could see average dps of the group as kitten per second or whatever. That way groups could see a metric on how they are improving. But really, that is already possible to just see by how fast you down the boss, so it’s not needed.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

“Good work guys, we completed the dungeon, smooth run all around”

—numbers post—

“WTF <insert name>, you were barely doing any DPS! OMG u suck! I can’t believe it!”

^ That’s what would happen. It adds unnecessary negativity in, and worse, it happens after the run is already done, so all you will accomplish is berating some poor noob, even though you guys successfully finished the boss.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Only if it was after the dungeon was completed, like how it works in PVP now.

Like the top stats thing.

Not through the dungeon though, its hard enough finding decent parties sometimes.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

DPS meters wouldn’t work in GW2. Not because damage couldn’t be tracked, but because, to do it properly, it would have to track damage contributed from Might and Fury to the person granting the boons.

And then how would it be tracked from combo finishers? Each might stack would have to have two potential owners, and dps contributed by one player divided in part between the two creating the Might stacks.

Nope. Poorly conceived idea that doesn’t account for class balancing.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

1) hotdog – 10 damage
2) ketchup – 9.7 damage
3) mustard – 6
4) egg – 5.5
5) bread – 5.5

it´s fine it there a no numbers, just the ranking. But don´t hold your breath, this is not a community of achievers, but the very opposite.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Nice idea and such but from my experience with WoW addon lovers i would have to say no to it. People will become a number rather instead a human being playing a game.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

I’d love if I could see % damage done to a boss by my character. That would be a nice indicator of dps and whether or not a build should be improved.
But I can’t find any way in which this could be done that would not be abused, so it may be better without. Even if you could only see your own damage % then teams might start asking each person after a fight what their % was.

Reason why I mention it as % rather than damage is that it is easier to relate to. If I do x dps, that wouldn’t tell me much without anything to compare to and having team mates dps to compare to could be troublesome. Having % would tell me how my dps was with something to relate it to without pointing out the ‘low’ dps team mate.

Also some issues as pointed out by one of the OP are the combo mechanics, various buffs and the like. There are skills that increase overall team damage but bringing them decreases your personal dps, so how would these be counted in the calculation?

So basically. It would be good for improving on a char, but there’s no way a mechanic like this would not be abused. So better that it isn’t there.

(edited by Aria.5940)

Posted by: SardisticMeow.5037

SardisticMeow.5037

I feel that with the addition of raids, a DPS meter will be really useful for me personally. I usually use it in WoW to analyze and seek out an optimal skill rotation/build.

I understand some people will take advantage and belittle others and how I feel they can implement the DPS meter is by this;

A ‘transparent’ damage meter where it displays the number of party/raid members with only your name being shown.

You’ll be able to see where you rank out of your group but unable to pinpoint any of the other members.

You could even incentivize staying on top of the charts so each player will try to out damage the other.

Just ma two centz

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

A ‘transparent’ damage meter where it displays the number of party/raid members with only your name being shown.

You’ll be able to see where you rank out of your group but unable to pinpoint any of the other members.

You could even incentivize staying on top of the charts so each player will try to out damage the other.

Just ma two centz

“WP. ty for the run GJ. "
“WAIT! Hey Ele i was hotdog 10 damage rank1. what rank was yours?
“Hey was ketchup with 9,7 damage”
“well done”. thief yours?
“also almost ketchup with 9,5 damage”
“haha only two ranks are left. look at this guard such a noob had the less dmg from all of us”
“yeah f… noob! lets block him”
“okay. god praise the dps meter. without it we never see this guard is such a damage noob! "
“haha indeed he should really learn to play!”

(edited by Zaron.1987)

SardisticMeow.5037

Just ma two centz

“WP all ty for the run”
“haha only two ranks are left. look at this guard such a noob had the less dmg from all of us”
“okay. god praise the dps meter. without it we never see this guard is such a damage noob! "

I forgot to mention, it resets after every combat encounter.

HA!

Zaron.1987

Just ma two centz

“WP all ty for the run”

I forgot to mention, it resets after every combat encounter.

HA!

? and with reset i cant whisper/ post in group chat to others my rank/dmg?
HA!

No ty . if you want elitism its the wrong game here

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

@OP, wrong subsection.
This belongs into the tra.. dungeon subforums.

SardisticMeow.5037

Well shucks, that’s why I don’t work at Anet :P.

I just hope they figure out a solution to deliver some sort of damage meter/system that allows us to do better pewpew.

(edited by SardisticMeow.5037)

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

People actually afraid of seeing how effective they really are…. I don’t get it.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There should be a dps meter in the game. It just shouldn’t be shown to everyone. Could could just add time next to your damage in your chat so everyone could see how much dps they do.

But like other people said. Allowing everybody to see the damage of the others can lead to some nasty conversation that we don’t need in the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

dom.2748

The only thing it would lead to was people kicking players from their party that don’t meet their requirements. I personally see that as a good thing. Play with like-minded individuals. I shouldn’t have to carry you because you wear clerics any more than you should have to put up with me trying to force zerker on you. The game needs to tools to differentiate or we’re doomed to argue forever.

SardisticMeow.5037

There should be a dps meter in the game. It just shouldn’t be shown to everyone. Could could just add time next to your damage in your chat so everyone could see how much dps they do.

But like other people said. Allowing everybody to see the damage of the others can lead to some nasty conversation that we don’t need in the game.

If only the world was rid of scumbags right? Imagine the possibilities! All that effective optimizations!

Thaddeus.4891

The only thing it would lead to was people kicking players from their party that don’t meet their requirements. I personally see that as a good thing. Play with like-minded individuals. I shouldn’t have to carry you because you wear clerics any more than you should have to put up with me trying to force zerker on you. The game needs to tools to differentiate or we’re doomed to argue forever.

So you will complete the dungeon with the guys and then see that he have bad dps and kick him. When the run is over? That help you. It’s a pug. Random people will have random result. If you really want to make sure your group meet specific requirement you can make a team of people you know. Or you can ask some requirement in the LFG without any certainty that they will meet them because they can lie.

Zaron.1987

just dont PUG

or have you no friends that you need such dps elitism meters?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Just more things for the Elitists to discriminate with…. no thank you.

dom.2748

So you will complete the dungeon with the guys and then see that he have bad dps and kick him. When the run is over? That help you.

No, I’ll know for next time who was responsible for slowing down my run.

CorrynnStarr.7942

^^^^^ case and point… thanks Dom! More elitist crap…

SardisticMeow.5037

It’s a sad thing really, all the ramifications will lead to

(Insert raid name) NEED 1 MORE. 110k DPS ONLY

But all I want is a tool for self improvement

Thaddeus.4891

No, I’ll know for next time who was responsible for slowing down my run.

You can’t see that by your one without a dps meter? When someone slow down my run, I know who it is. Do they have good food, good weapons, good rotations, what skill do they use, do they have some weird buff like a signet of stone or something. How many people have all of those, but play in Soldier gear? Very few.

Zaron.1987

^^^^^ case and point… thanks Dom! More elitist crap…

more elitist crap for guys that have no friends and have to pug

poor kittens

when i pug i dont care about best setup. if i want this i run with friends that excactly know everything called speedclear/run

dom.2748

If not wanting to play with players who aren’t like-minded and don’t have the same goal as me is elitist than I don’t know what to tell you. You expect everybody to play like you but then get all kitten when other players who have different opinions want to play with only like-minded players. Sounds more like you’re the elitist who thinks they are better and right. We’re not trying to convert anybody, just keep them out of our parties. You’re actively trying to ruin our runs and join us even though we don’t want you and tell us about how we’re the devil.

Just because you’re pugging doesn’t mean you want the run to take 15 extra minutes because people are so stuck in their own selfish world that they think wearing clerics and not attacking anything is an acceptable thing to do.

(edited by dom.2748)

Zaron.1987

If not wanting to play with players who aren’t like-minded and don’t have the same goal as me is elitist than I don’t know what to tell you. You expect everybody to play like you but then get all kitten when other players who have different opinions want to play with only like-minded players. Sounds more like you’re the elitist who thinks they are better and right. We’re not trying to convert anybody, just keep them out of our parties. You’re actively trying to ruin our runs and join us even though we don’t want you and tell us about how we’re the devil.

wow just WOW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

1) hotdog – 10 damage
2) ketchup – 9.7 damage
3) mustard – 6
4) egg – 5.5
5) bread – 5.5

I went all onion in CoF1 yesterday and soloed two phases of the Acolytes.

ETA – on my full zerker thief with runes of the Pack, eventually he or one of my other thieves will get scholar =) “My whole party wiped and I was the only one alive and I laughed at them and called them soldier’s elitists, while I was still alive in my zerker’s” (joke – party wipes happen)

Thaddeus.4891

Just because you’re pugging doesn’t mean you want the run to take 15 extra minutes because people are so stuck in their own selfish world that they think wearing clerics and not attacking anything is an acceptable thing to do.

I understand your point. But no need to turn that into a witch hunt either. I only ask for experienced 80 in my LFG for the last 3 years and the number of run that take 15min and more is very very few. It happen from time to time and it suck. But it’s not like one run out of two are bad.

Zerk Meta is the majority in the game and clerics guardian are the minority. That’s like Christian in america crying for more protection from sharia law and stuff.

CorrynnStarr.7942

first off Im not pugging… If I want a speed run, then I contact my friends who are doing speed runs and run with them. My second option is to be SPECIFIC in a LFG and 99 times out of 100, I dont have any issues with puggs trying to mess it up…. All this tool will do is reinforce false beliefs of who does what for dps and the group as a whole. And as stated before, If you cant already tell whos slowing your group down, then maybe you should look at yourself and try to figure out why you cant. Cuz any speed runner worth his salt, can pick up pretty quickly what the slow down is, and whos causing it.

dom.2748

I understand your point. But no need to turn that into a witch hunt either. I only ask for experienced 80 in my LFG for the last 3 years and the number of run that take 15min and more is very very few. It happen from time to time and it suck. But it’s not like one run out of two are bad.

Zerk Meta is the majority in the game and clerics guardian are the minority. That’s like Christian in america crying for more protection from sharia law and stuff.

I used an extreme example to get my point across. The same could be said for people running soldiers gear. It is infinitely inferior to zerker. It offers a slight boost survivability while offering a HUGE nerf to damage. This is due to the way that power, precision, and ferocity all work off of each other.

Another example would be condi, pre-condi change. It is much less of an issue now but it was a big deal and the same types of players who run selfish builds just because they “play how they want”continue to run similar things that simply don’t work.

Why should people be forced to carry these types even though they directly ruin the fun of those parties? I can honestly say if that is how you define elitist than I am not only an elitist I am proud to carry such a title.

edit: Also no, I am sorry but no matter who you are, you’re not telling who is slowing down your run aside from the obvious, like a guardian running staff no food buffs. All gear can look the same and full soldiers gear players can be attacking just the same as everybody else and do 50% of the damage of everybody else. You have no way of knowing who is slowing down the fight at that point.

(edited by dom.2748)

CorrynnStarr.7942

I used an extreme example to get my point across. The same could be said for people running soldiers gear. It is infinitely inferior to zerker. It offers a slight boost survivability while offering a HUGE nerf to damage. This is due to the way that power, precision, and ferocity all work off of each other.

Another example would be condi, pre-condi change. It is much less of an issue now but it was a big deal and the same types of players who run selfish builds just because they “play how they want”continue to run similar things that simply don’t work.

Why should people be forced to carry these types even though they directly ruin the fun of those parties? I can honestly say if that is how you define elitist than I am not only an elitist I am proud to carry such a title.

This issue has already been hashed out, dont carry them, kick them as long as you have made sure you used the LFG tool properly (i.e. made sure you stated it was a zerker speed run with # AP points required). Also, try using friends and guildies for runs, I hear that works?

Everything you need to put a successful group together resides in 3 places… LFG tool, guilds, and friends.

dom.2748

This issue has already been hashed out, dont carry them, kick them as long as you have made sure you used the LFG tool properly (i.e. made sure you stated it was a zerker speed run with # AP points required). Also, try using friends and guildies for runs, I hear that works?

Everything you need to put a successful group together resides in 3 places… LFG tool, guilds, and friends.

Except the LFG tool isn’t a solution. Every time the zerker thread comes back around people specifically go on and say that they join zerker only parties and run clerics and soldiers specifically to ruin the run. So how is the LFG tool a solution when the requirements don’t hold any actual weight?