After level 80?

After level 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shagaru Magala.6927

Shagaru Magala.6927

Got one of my characters to 80 a while ago and stopped playing after that. Mainly because I didn’t know what to do. I also have the Heart Of Thorns expansion but I really didn’t get far into it. This game looks really cool and I want to keep playing it. So any ideas on what I can do would be great.

After level 80?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Jumping puzzles. Do all the jumping puzzles. Do them again and again until you know them by heart. That’s where the action is.

After level 80?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Got one of my characters to 80 a while ago and stopped playing after that. Mainly because I didn’t know what to do. I also have the Heart Of Thorns expansion but I really didn’t get far into it. This game looks really cool and I want to keep playing it. So any ideas on what I can do would be great.

Well if you want we can play together and I can help you learn how to improve in combat, make builds, and we can do other things in game in HoT maps and such. I can show you how Mastery system works.

Are you in NA or EU server?

After level 80?

Shagaru Magala.6927

Well if you want we can play together and I can help you learn how to improve in combat, make builds, and we can do other things in game in HoT maps and such. I can show you how Mastery system works.

Are you in NA or EU server?

I play on NA and yeah that would be cool.

After level 80?

Shagaru Magala.6927

Jumping puzzles. Do all the jumping puzzles. Do them again and again until you know them by heart. That’s where the action is.

I find it difficult to get to some of the vistas lol.

After level 80?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Alright do you have skype for voice chat?
If so add me. My Skype is: DreamyAbaddon

I’m online now if you’re up for it.

After level 80?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I was half-joking there. I enjoy jps a great deal, but they’re not for everybody. There’s plenty else to do. You can get some ideas on the wiki, join random parties in LFG and see what happens or just wander about the world joining in with any people you find.

And if you need some help with those vistas, you’re welcome to message/email me in game. Maybe I’ll even convince you to do a jp.

After level 80?

Shagaru Magala.6927

I was half-joking there. I enjoy jps a great deal, but they’re not for everybody. There’s plenty else to do. You can get some ideas on the wiki, join random parties in LFG and see what happens or just wander about the world joining in with any people you find.

And if you need some help with those vistas, you’re welcome to message/email me in game. Maybe I’ll even convince you to do a jp.

I knew it was a joke but thanks for the suggestion.

After level 80?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

There are, any number of things that you might go for. Legendaries are a possible option. The old ones are fully completeable, and the new ones you can at least start. Raids, Dungeons (despite what people might say), Fractals, PvP, WvW (again, ignore the naysayers), leveling mastries, working on collections, making ascended gear.

Right now I’m working on Spirit Crafter, Treasure Hunter, and Exotic Hunter collections.

P.S. Props on the Monster Hunter reference

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

(edited by Berelious.3290)

After level 80?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Go to your bank, open the wardrobe tab, and check out the weapon and armor skins available. You might find some you especially enjoy. Check the wiki for where you can get them (type /wiki <nameofskin> into the chat box ingame to have your browser open on the correct wiki page automatically) and try to get them.

Open your hero panel, go to the achievement log, and check out the different kinds of achievements there are. There are achievements for all game modes and a variety of activities (from killing a bunch of monsters to playing different personal stories to exploring out-of-the-way places). See if you can’t find some related to activities you enjoy.

Play the personal story, make alts to play the different racial and order stories (there are 3 story archs per race = 15 different stories to play through up to level 20), play living story season 2 (if you’ve got that) and the Heart of Thorns personal story. There are also achievements associated to the ls s2 and HoT stories, some of which are pretty challenging.

Check out dungeons and fractals, 5-man instanced content. Dungeon story modes actually offer an additional story arch running parallel to your personal story. You should’ve gotten invitation mails from your herald all through leveling to make you aware of whenever a new story mode dungeon/chapter was available (typically every 10 levels).

Go out and explore the world. You will get map rewards for every map you explore 100% (all waypoints, vistas, hero points, pois, and renown hearts ocmpleted), as well as a special reward for 100%ing all of the core tyria maps.

And most important: Have fun!

After level 80?

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

I went through the same! I started playing about a year and half ago, but when I reached Lv80 I didn’t know what to do.
I started playing again and made a new account three months ago. I have 1000 hs of gameplay by now, four toons Lv80 and two 40s… This is what happens when you realize all the stuff you can do at 80!

Things you can do:
- World Completion: At least once, this is a good thing to do. Not only for the mastery point but for all the rewards you get for individual Map Completion.
- Finish Story: At least once, again. Its annoying to do the almost same thing every time but it has its benefits and decent rewards.
- Do Living World/HoT Story: Waaaay better and more entertaining than the Personal Story, and better rewards!
- Start gathering stuff for Ascended: Ascended Weapons and Trinkets in particular are required for participating in some of the end game content by groups. Raids for example, if you’re interested in them. This is optional tho, and does take a good amount of money/materials.
- Max out professions: Its useful and if you’re not interested on crafting Ascended stuff, you can sell the Ascended mats for good profit!
- Achievement hunting – Achievement chests have some really nice rewards!
- If you have a Ranger, get all pets! Gotta catch them all!
- Get some sexy armor skins if you like Fasion Wars.
- Jumping Puzzles! Might have been a joke but they’re quite fun.
- Raids! I haven’t had as much fun with any other PvE content as I’ve had with Raids.
- Get rich! – Flip the TP, do dungeons, gamble, sell your in-laws to the black market.

I don’t do PvP or WvW yet, but that’s something a lot of players really enjoy so that’s another alternative.
Basically it depends a lot on what you want to do and what you like doing. I like almost everything GW2 has to offer, and I don’t say “everything” because as I said, I don’t do PvP or WvW… yet. I do have lots of fun with Dragonball!

You can also kill hunters and farm their armor pie—- Oh wait wrong game.