Again, ANet built up too much hype...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’m sure it’s been said already: at least it’s not another LS.

There are changes that do make a difference for WvW players (long overdue).

There are changes here that are fixes that have been needed for a while.

There are changes that are not totally well-thought out. (See: town clothes thread).

There are changes that are probably the result of the release in China (not going to detail them – would take too long.)

It’s a mixed bag of changes. Some good, some overdue, some needing a little more work/time, and some that obviously don’t delight others. That last part is a given. Some of us have been sitting here waiting to be delighted for over a year, so I empathize.

Are there still things that folks would like to see? Of course. That too is a given.

It’s a step. It’s a needed step. And it’s a step headed in a positive direction.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

These are all required updates to make the game become the best out there.

True. ANet has done a fantastic job at refining their product since release.

However, I generally feel similar to the OP for some reason. Perhaps it’s the content? I can usually find something to waste my time with, but when I start finding I can’t, or begin to realize I’m actually “wasting” it, then it’s a bad signal. Not to disrespect GW2 or anything — it really is fantastic — but I’m losing interest for some reason.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I think people are putting a lot of things together when they shouldn’t be.

Most of us understood we wouldn’t get a new zone or something along the lines. Most of had guessed that we would get fixes to things we have been asking for quite a while, and most of us had realistic expectations.

And finally, most of us are especially talking about the “Removing Restrictions” blog post. We already knew the free refund traits wherever we want, but fine that’s removing a restriction.

Armor repairs ? Yeah every time I set out to explore that’s what is really restricting me. Those measly 11 silvers every 6 time I die are really what’s holding me off from exploring a zone I already explored with 5 characters. Oh how many times did I think “oh no, if I go out and die 6 times I’d have to pay 11 silvers and I really can’t afford that anymore !”

But hey ! Now I really want to play with the mystic forge. And instead of getting 5 times in a row the same exotic dagger, maybe I’ll get one I can sell for 1g20 instead of 1g10 (But without sarcasm, I’m kind of interested at those “new changes” the forge will get through out the year (so maybe in 6 months) but at the same time, I had hoped this terrible excuse for acquiring unique skins would have been erased).

I’m not making speculations for tomorrow. Because I know it’s probably a play on words, and because aside from better tutorials (which has been asked) I can’t see what this could mean. But whatever it is, I won’t find that to be hyped.

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

I have to agree with the OP. I am sorry but if this is called a feature PACK patch then what do we call an actual feature patch where new things are introduced?

A “content” pack. Same as everywhere else in software development. A feature pack refines. A content pack adds.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Eh, I dunno about you, but I for one am stoked by most of these changes. Can’t wait for the Apr 15 patch!

Posted by: Pjwned.3601

Pjwned.3601

I’m giving them some credit for at least stopping to fix and change a bunch of stuff that needed to be changed finally, but given their track record so far I’m not incredibly optimistic about further changes that are needed like revamping skills, events, dungeons, etc.

It’s better than them continuing with the living story crapfest and ignoring all these issues, but that’s still not saying much. I was more excited when ANet said they wanted to make dungeons better and maybe add some more skills (after being thoroughly and irreversibly disappointed with the game’s release) but that was practically a year ago now and all we got were some awful healing skills and that was it. I’ll wait until more of these things are fixed before I start singing praises because even though I would really like to appreciate the game more, it’s taken forever to get even some basic changes going.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have to agree with the OP. I am sorry but if this is called a feature PACK patch then what do we call an actual feature patch where new things are introduced?

A “content” pack. Same as everywhere else in software development. A feature pack refines. A content pack adds.

Good lord what a messy blah, not on your posts, but how content/marketing comes to this game.

Maybe I’m just getting old, in my day we called it xpansion packs, here’s your content & your features in the pre patch notes. Now buy the xpac, DL, login, cya in 6months with an update, a few bug fixes along the way…..have fun!

It really can be that simple.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Features = QoL and minor QoL-content (wardrobe for example)
Content = New areas to explore, particularly either PS or LS pertaining to fighting Mordremoth (cant remember the name at the moment)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just wait. “Removing restrictions” means NA <-> EU server guesting.

did you even read the blogpost, removing restrictions —> no repair costs, no trait change cost, less silver in champion boxes

Also less silver(well I guess coppers in this case, hopefully. If it is silvers then gold level participation of an event will give you maybe 30c). I want to know who thought there needed to be more reasons for people to ignore events.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I am very happy with the changes they are making in this game, it’s a start in the right direction and I can’t wait for the 15th, I didn’t fall for all the “community generated” hype because I knew the difference between a feature update and a content update,

What will tomorrow bring well looking at the blog title “A Solid Foundation” well what is built on a solid foundation, a house, or a guild hall. I’m hoping for both but if it doesn’t happen I’m not going to freek out about it. What ever they come up whith I’m sure it will be great.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

A Solid Foundation also means anything that underlies any system in the game, including the upgrade system for guilds.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Its still a really good strong update. The main problem is its not really the major thing they have to deal with right now. The number one problem players are having is lack of new things to do in game.

Actually I would LOVE it if they actually gave me a reason to continue doing the existing things. There is nothing in the game stopping me but something just feels missing. There is no goal I feel I can aim for that isn’t going to feel grindy. I could either have goal for this grindy or I can choose to do nothing. If I choose to do nothing then that is the same as choosing to not play the game. Where is the middle ground? Crafting ascended items could theoretically be that middle ground but that doesn’t feel like content so much as ‘terrible timegated chore’.

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

I had to log in just so I could tell you how spoiled many of you are being. You expected new weapon sets? New classes? Really?!? Arenanet never intimated anything of the sort. If you read that much into it, you had a fantasy. This particular, singular update didn’t fulfill your fantasy. Grow up! Sheesh!

First of all, these are fantastic changes. Not all of them are as big as others —- you keep quoting free armor repairs like it’s all they’re adding, though. New traits are desperately needed, depending on what they are. The wardrobe system is a HUGE systems overhaul, and very welcome. I could go on, but I won’t.

You complainers are forgetting your place, and the place of GW2 in the MMORPG market right now.

#1: You’re not paying a dime for this.
If World of Warcraft had a press release tomorrow saying that they were adding these same exact features, the entire community would rejoice. I guarantee you would not see a single “This won’t save WoW, WoW is dying, fml omg” forum post. WoW-ers pay over $1,000.00 just for the privilege of playing that game.

When new LW content or a Feature Patch releases and I want to check it out, I don’t have to agonize over whether or not to re-sub. It’s not a kitten committment signed in blood and credit-card-numbers. I double-click my GW2 icon and boot up, and instantly have all the content available to me.

#2: This is not the last “Feature Patch” ever.
This is the first of many. If any other MMORPG company decided to release a slew of quarterly QoL updates for free, the community would jump for joy.

#3: Arenanet is dramatic. Get used to it.
Have you seen the “trailer” thing for GW2? The really weird, corny one with the guy covered in dirt or dust or whatever? Yeah, A-net have fun with this game, they’re passionate about it, and they get excited when they’re about to release cool stuff. So sue ’em.

If you hear word “feature” and extrapolate “new classes/weapons/raids,” you are just nuts. You have unrealistic expectations and have no idea what goes into making that kind of content!

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I had to log in just so I could tell you how spoiled many of you are being. You expected new weapon sets? New classes? Really?!? Arenanet never intimated anything of the sort. If you read that much into it, you had a fantasy. This particular, singular update didn’t fulfill your fantasy. Grow up! Sheesh!

First of all, these are fantastic changes. Not all of them are as big as others —- you keep quoting free armor repairs like it’s all they’re adding, though. New traits are desperately needed, depending on what they are. The wardrobe system is a HUGE systems overhaul, and very welcome. I could go on, but I won’t.

You complainers are forgetting your place, and the place of GW2 in the MMORPG market right now.

#1: You’re not paying a dime for this.
If World of Warcraft had a press release tomorrow saying that they were adding these same exact features, the entire community would rejoice. I guarantee you would not see a single “This won’t save WoW, WoW is dying, fml omg” forum post. WoW-ers pay over $1,000.00 just for the privilege of playing that game.

When new LW content or a Feature Patch releases and I want to check it out, I don’t have to agonize over whether or not to re-sub. It’s not a kitten committment signed in blood and credit-card-numbers. I double-click my GW2 icon and boot up, and instantly have all the content available to me.

#2: This is not the last “Feature Patch” ever.
This is the first of many. If any other MMORPG company decided to release a slew of quarterly QoL updates for free, the community would jump for joy.

#3: Arenanet is dramatic. Get used to it.
Have you seen the “trailer” thing for GW2? The really weird, corny one with the guy covered in dirt or dust or whatever? Yeah, A-net have fun with this game, they’re passionate about it, and they get excited when they’re about to release cool stuff. So sue ’em.

If you hear word “feature” and extrapolate “new classes/weapons/raids,” you are just nuts. You have unrealistic expectations and have no idea what goes into making that kind of content!

Every EvE expansion, ever, has been free and added new ships and/or mechanics to the game.

They also release one about every 6 months or so. For free.

People really need to stop using WoW as the metric to gauge all MMO’s by. It leads to silly comparisons and a lot of companies farting out bad attempts at WoW2.0

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Gw2 has a very unique in YT/Twitch, its very hard to get people to watch, most I see on twitch is maybe 80 or so, max maybe 20k on YT. It’s alot of work for something that’s not getting a lot of attention.

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

In response to the OP, as that is all I read, I have been one to be pretty down on Anet over the past year with a lot of bad decisions or lack there of. However, this is turning out to be a pretty decent update with a lot things that, yes, should have been in the game from the get go, but at least it’s here now. I would just add they need to add templates at some point as well.

I’m just disappointed that the changes will be after I’ve already moved onto ESO, but will be nice to be able to log back in here now and again with the changes in effect. The wardrobe, dyes, account bound wxp, and TDM in Spvp are all pretty nice to finally have. We’ll have to see how the profession balancing + new traits + sigil/rune rework plays out, Anyway it’s about time to have a decent update after a lot of little LS updates with a smidgen of everything else.

This should in the very least help keep the game stabilized through the summer. Upcoming releases will hurt it some, but should still be standing strong whenever I want to come play now and again. I finally get to /applaud Anet (it’s about time).

Pawstruck.9708

Every EvE expansion, ever, has been free and added new ships and/or mechanics to the game.

People really need to stop using WoW as the metric to gauge all MMO’s by. It leads to silly comparisons and a lot of companies farting out bad attempts at WoW2.0

I mean… that’s great for EvE? I’m confused about how this is supposed to be an indictment against Arenanet.

First of all, I flat-out don’t believe you. Every update has added major new mechanics? Bull. Second of all, even if it did, EvE is not an MMORPG. I don’t like EvE. I want an MMO that is built around fun, not life-sucking grinds and subscriptions. Guild Wars 2 gives me that, and it should be applauded. Heck, even if A-net were to come out and say, “We don’t have the money/resources for any more than this, but here’s some free stuff,” people should be happy about it. It’s free.

Pawstruck.9708

By the way, just wanted to comment on this: It isn’t just WoW. Look at ESO. Look at SW:TOR. Wildstar? Neverwinter? Final Fantasy?

Welcome to the MMORPG world market, in which Arenanet looks pretty kitten generous if you ask me.

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

Well, at least the kitten posts are all being lumped in to one thread for people to vent.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I mean… that’s great for EvE? I’m confused about how this is supposed to be an indictment against Arenanet.

First of all, I flat-out don’t believe you. Every update has added major new mechanics? Bull. Second of all, even if it did, EvE is not an MMORPG. I don’t like EvE. I want an MMO that is built around fun, not life-sucking grinds and subscriptions. Guild Wars 2 gives me that, and it should be applauded. Heck, even if A-net were to come out and say, “We don’t have the money/resources for any more than this, but here’s some free stuff,” people should be happy about it. It’s free.

EvE’s not an MMORPG? lulwut? I don’t think mmorpg means what you think it means.

I said “added new ships and/or mechanics” not both every time but absolutely one or the other. You could easily check a wiki or a log of each of the expansions to see what I say is verifiably true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansions_of_Eve_Online

And I hate to break it to you, but GW also has grind (a lot of it) just because it doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it’s not grind just as the grind in otehr games doesn’t bother their respective players.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

EvE most certainly IS an MMO. Not even sure how anyone would be able to contend otherwise.

However, it IS a niche game with a much smaller target audience than GW2. I think in 2013, EvE announced it reached 450,000 subscriptions. Say Guild Wars 2 sold 450,000 copies. It would have been a catastrophic failure.

As such, it’s really not fair to either game to try and compare their development costs, times, and provided content. In EvE, the expectation is that players effectively create their own content. Expansions can be cranked out faster and at less cost. They can fund themselves that way, and they do it very well. It’s the advantage of targeting to secure a niche rather than be “AAA” or “mainstream.”

Arena.net really wouldn’t be able to get away with that because their target audience and expectations from that audience are far different. If CCP were expected to do what GW2 needs to do with the revenues CCP has available, I can guarantee you that you’d start to see a price tag slapped on those expansions.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

Nor did I ever state they did announce content. But Rainbow Sprint was apparantly under the impression that Arenanet only announced, and I qoute: A few QoL updates

While they infact announced major features. (Like the wardrobe, which I absolutely love).

Ah… now I see the issue. There was a misquote on my very first post. I was actually attempting to respond to THIS post:

I can see why people are getting upset, they are announcing a “big” content patch april 15:th. When they now releasing what’s coming piece by piece, we can now see that there is nothing more than just tiny updates that makes the life in Gw2 easier. I think we was hoping for something big (big in the terms of zones, armors, dungeons..etc, etc) and then got this…I really hope they don’t forget about what the “majority” wants.

Apologies for the confusion.

Yes, I read that too, I think I might have used the wrong word (Content as “Feature”). But the meaning in the text is the same, announcing “major” stuff your going to have “major” expectations…

Posted by: BEINGHUMAN.4167

BEINGHUMAN.4167

This .gif sums up my feelings on ArenaNets “Feature Blog Posts”

http://i.imgur.com/FDqCMNQ.gif

:-[

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Great changes ANet.
Lots of awesome QoL changes and the big one for WvW… Account bound wxp!!!!
For pve’ers, maybe not too much new content, but they just had a year of LS…
Excited for the new changes, looking forward to playing some different classes in WvW and not feeling kitten without applied fortitude and guard leech.
Vive la WvW!!

~Tarnished Coast~

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I just had to comment on all the “it’s your own fault, not the company”-posts.

Good lord, how horribly naive can you be? It is blatantly obvious that these little titbits of information are way over-hyped and yes this is most certainly done intentionally.

And why wouldn’t they? I bet most of you here, myself included, have waited impatiently for each new blog expecting the world out of the insinuating titles, only to be left with a bitter-sweet feeling after reading the incredibly trivial information they give.

You can call people spoiled all you want but it is a fact that this whole week of shenanigans is just one giant publicity stunt. In the end negative attention is still attention.

As for myself, I’m rather disappointed yes. You can say that these are all positive things (to which I disagree, because I feel really cheated out with townclothes), but that doesn’t mean we should sing songs of praise about it, especially when they are deliberately hyped up as the next best thing, evar!

As far as I’m concerned this has been one giant pile of ‘simplifications’ on matters which hardly challenge the brain, making me wonder how high they estimate the general IQ of their players. Or maybe it’s for the “massive” influx of new players I’ve seen nowhere.

I’m not usually a negative ninnie, but I just can’t be excited about new systems that don’t fix any of the underlying problems or extremely trivial simplifications.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Shonie.5297

Good lord, how horribly naive can you be? It is blatantly obvious that these little titbits of information are way over-hyped and yes this is most certainly done intentionally.

And why wouldn’t they? I bet most of you here, myself included, have waited impatiently for each new blog expecting the world out of the insinuating titles, only to be left with a bitter-sweet feeling after reading the incredibly trivial information they give.

You can call people spoiled all you want but it is a fact that this whole week of shenanigans is just one giant publicity stunt. In the end negative attention is still attention.

As for myself, I’m rather disappointed yes. You can say that these are all positive things (to which I disagree, because I feel really cheated out with townclothes), but that doesn’t mean we should sing songs of praise about it, especially when they are deliberately hyped up as the next best thing, evar!

As far as I’m concerned this has been one giant pile of ‘simplifications’ on matters which hardly challenge the brain, making me wonder how high they estimate the general IQ of their players. Or maybe it’s for the “massive” influx of new players I’ve seen nowhere.

I’m not usually a negative ninnie, but I just can’t be excited about new systems that don’t fix any of the underlying problems or extremely trivial simplifications.

So today with post entitled ‘account bound’, what were you expecting?
They made awesome changes to account bound legendaries and ascended items and wxp. That’s pretty awesome!
Stop crying or the wahhhhhhmbulance is gonna show up.

~Tarnished Coast~

Evans.6347

So today with post entitled ‘account bound’, what were you expecting?
They made awesome changes to account bound legendaries and ascended items and wxp. That’s pretty awesome!
Stop crying or the wahhhhhhmbulance is gonna show up.

I respect your level of excitement, I just simply don’t share it.

Shonie.5297

You didn’t answer my question, what were you expecting it to be?

~Tarnished Coast~

Posted by: MercyKilling.8519

MercyKilling.8519

If you guys think ESO is actually going to have a lasting impact, you have not played the beta for it at all.

I have…and I do.

This game lost sight of what’s “fun” and instead replaces it with grindy, repetetive content IMHO.

I actually lost five hours playing the beta of the other game. FIVE HOURS. I haven’t done that since playing one of NCSoft’s other titles that got shut down. And I wasn’t even trying to get into the beta. I was just poking around. I can’t even play this game for five hours straight. It’s just not engaging. It does nothing to draw you in.

GW2 may have started out strong…but it’s been rather lackluster to me lately, and marketing hype is in every game, not just this one.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The real issue is that Anet is only doing what they’re doing because of the release of a new MMO in April. Look at how lackluster they’ve been with QoL updates when they’ve had no competition. Hopefully the new MMOs coming out will succeed and really force Anet to pick up their game.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I’d like to see some of the quotes where Anet “hyped this up”.

My understanding has, from the beginning, been this. Anet used to put QoL features into LS patches, but they found that the QoL stuff got lost in the LS stuff. So they delayed the same sorts of stuff that would have come out in the LS until after it was over.

That’s what they told us, that’s what I expected and that’s what we’re getting.

Anet never intimated we’d get new races now. They said they’d eventually like every weapon to be used by every profession but any time they talk about it, it’s always some distant future thing. There was never any mention of combining EU and the US as some people say.

So we get an account wardrobe, where PvP and PvE stuff are now interchangeable. Account bound dyes, legendaries, ascended armor and WXP. The ability to see when someone last logged on in guilds. No more repair costs. No costs and no returning to trainer to train traits. New traits. New ways to unlock those traits. And there are still more reveals to come.

I’m not sure what people were expected, or how much they know about programming, but this is a huge amount of stuff.

That’s not counting the extra sigils on two handed weapons, the complete change to ruin sets the skill balance and bug fixes.

This is a major patch. Those who can’t see it have set their expectations way too high.

Evans.6347

You didn’t answer my question, what were you expecting it to be?

What’s your point?

I didn’t expect anything more. Being able to swap ascended and legendary equipment is very trivial and not something I’m going to do a happy dance for.

What did I expect from “removing restrictions”? Well a lot more than removing repair costs and free traits, which I already knew about.
What about the “Looking for group”? Oh yes we can choose our preferred language now, that fixed everything there.

Heck even the wardrobe is pretty much the same thing in a new dress. Tell me, is anyone going to swap their looks 2-3 times a day now? This isn’t more freedom than before.

So I’m being cynical, what of it? After almost 2 years this is the stuff we need to draw out two weeks of trivial blogs for? Well it’s not bring back my excitement.

And that aside, my point was that they did intentionally over-hype this QoL shenanigans.

They didn’t even have to say anything. The format and time window they chose to trickle out this information served as hype by itself. Surely you can see this? If not, just read their announcement on the pack, it’s pretty much lyrical.

(edited by Evans.6347)

Shonie.5297

My understanding has, from the beginning, been this. Anet used to put QoL features into LS patches, but they found that the QoL stuff got lost in the LS stuff. So they delayed the same sorts of stuff that would have come out in the LS until after it was over.

That’s what they told us, that’s what I expected and that’s what we’re getting.

Anet never intimated we’d get new races now. They said they’d eventually like every weapon to be used by every profession but any time they talk about it, it’s always some distant future thing. There was never any mention of combining EU and the US as some people say.

So we get an account wardrobe, where PvP and PvE stuff are now interchangeable. Account bound dyes, legendaries, ascended armor and WXP. The ability to see when someone last logged on in guilds. No more repair costs. No costs and no returning to trainer to train traits. New traits. New ways to unlock those traits. And there are still more reveals to come.

I’m not sure what people were expected, or how much they know about programming, but this is a huge amount of stuff.

That’s not counting the extra sigils on two handed weapons, the complete change to ruin sets the skill balance and bug fixes.

This is a major patch. Those who can’t see it have set their expectations way too high.

This ^^
All great changes that people have been asking for, for a long time.
But people always find something to complain about I guess.
/random town clothing rant that 99% of people don’t care about…

~Tarnished Coast~

Posted by: LexiHamster.1609

LexiHamster.1609

A “Features update” isn’t a flashy deal, but to me it shows the team cares a good deal about the game itself. I imagine it’s like when I finally get around to cleaning my apartment; it takes all day and it makes me cranky but I feel good afterwards — renewed.

As for hyping it, you have to understand that somebody, or a few somebodies, are getting paid to write these blog updates. It’s their job to facilitate information from the behind the scenes people to the players, and it’s their job to make everything look exciting. The game needs to make money for the company so that it can continue going on making games and it’s not going to generate revenue with flaccid and dis-interested updates.

Everyone is still free to be disappointed — or not — but I think losing the context that marketing is marketing will only lead to un-needed disappointment.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t. How Dare Arenanet try to get people interested in their up coming QOL patches, THE NERVE!. This isn’t new, all game company’s do this even with small updates to get their player base excited. Whats wrong with that? Its not their fault that YOU put to much thought into it. These up coming changes are exactly what the game needs. And unless you are a developer and know exactly what goes on in the offices at Arenanet how can some of you say this should have been rolled out a long time ago?

Its like people will find anything to complain about. These are QOL updates aren’t even done yet so how about we all wait before we start screaming that the sky is falling.

Oh and i kind of doubt ESO will have any impact on GW2. But that’s just my observation after leveling up a few characters in the game to try out the pvp which is good but not enough to keep the Elder Scrolls fans going. I don’t think most Elder Scrolls fans will be willing to fork over 15 a month for a game they can’t heavily mod.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

People like the OP wants to much… If you aren’t happy with this, you will never be happy… What did you expect? 100 new armour sets, 10 new dungeons and 54 new zones?

Just a side note

GW faction, released 1 years after GW1 prophecie
Features :

• 4 new distinct regions to explore
  • 2 new professions—Assassin and Ritualist—providing 56 dual-class combinations
  • 300 new skills to unlock and use
  • 20 missions
  • Over 200 quests
  • Alliance battles—large-scale PvP battles that allow factions to redraw the borders of the Canthan empire

GW2 1years and 8 month later.

• fractal
  • the new mcm map
  • 40 news traits
  • many cash shop update

…..

Oh right ! a living world that bring nothing at all to the game

So, do you really think ppl are asking too much when Anet clearly do way more ?

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This patch is really about the china release. NA population has dwindled, we aren’t that important.

Who loves spending tons of money on micro transistion wardrobes? China…

Who will be effected the most by champ train nerfs, repair costs, account bound things, etc… new players who are just starting out… i.e. China…

account bound dyes… announced a month ago for china…

In reality this is just about the chinese release, we are just an afterthought.

To be honest, right now I feel like I was a beta tester for their main market.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

why does everyone keep mentioning ESO? its obvious that the only thing that can draw players away from gw2 massivly, is goat simulator with its release on april 1st!

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

Some nice features but I do feel a bit let down, mainly because some of these things were in GW 1 and should have been there at release imo, e.g free trait reset. It feels like a bit of a catchup build, or “hey! let’s copy some things off this game GW 1. Anyone played it?”

Really hope they decide to release an expansion pack.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Agree with OP, exactly my thoughts yesterday after reading the last blog. Like, are you serious? Those are the features? Removal of a repairing cost is a feature? And mentioning free trait reset for the second time is another feature? Eheh.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

[quote=3822620;Substance E.4852:]

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think the OP is confusing Disseminating information and hype. What players do is hype, what A.Net is trying to do is explain why the changes are being made and what will it do for the game.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

How about we wait until we see what ALL the unlocks are before raging like diseased animals on the forums?

Pawstruck.9708

EVE Isn’t an MMO*RPG*.

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

I have to admit I felt sort of disappointed by these blog posts, I’m hoping for something good in the facilitating friendlier play 1,2 and, 3 but I’m not holding my breath.
I really hope they have something huge up their sleeves like an expansion before Everquest Next comes out or even the truly hardcore diehard gw2 fans that have been here since the beginning will be taken away by that game.

Posted by: Gahro.4095

Gahro.4095

Some of you should really think hard and long about why you are still playing this game. And some will never be satisfied.

So far I’m pretty excited for these changes.

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Tbh I think I hyped up the “removing restrictions” way to much in my mind. I was expecting something like removing all loading screens and making a seamless world or at least just scaling down the annoying excessive messaging chat block or letting one character have all crafting disciplines at once without have to switch back and forth and letting any class use any weapon even though that last one would probably make it really unbalanced in pvp.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

If you guys think ESO is actually going to have a lasting impact, you have not played the beta for it at all.

I have…and I do.

This game lost sight of what’s “fun” and instead replaces it with grindy, repetetive content IMHO.

This is how I felt about the ESO beta. But to each his own shrug

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

They probably should have called it a “Quality of Life” update.

“Big Feature Patch!” sounds like there will be a bunch of new features added to the game. Instead, we seem to be getting streamlining of features that are already there and tweaks to QoL.

I think that was one of the major confusions about the Wardrobe system when it was announced. I was expecting it to be a new feature (an actual cosmetic slot system that overrides what you are currently wearing) but it’s actually just streamlining of the transmutation system with a new UI and letting you access all previously owned skins instead of one you currently hold.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

How about we wait until we see what ALL the unlocks are before raging like diseased animals on the forums?

Perhaps we should take negative feedback and player disappointment for what it is, rather than inflating it to “raging like diseased animals”.